Jump to content Jump to content

An ACTUAL soundtrack

As an old man I decided I need my music updating... although best metal/rock came from nineties where we bought things called cd’s 

So kicking and screaming I finally just payed out for Spotify.,,, neighbours are going to seriously 🤬ing hate me tonight

Edited by ScaredDuck
On 10/26/2021 at 10:37 PM, GoSuarez99 said:

I’m also not saying that the current soundtrack is bad(it’s honestly straight🔥) but I thought with EA coming on board that they make an actual soundtrack in the game

They should just make it like fifa and ufc for example. I think music in the menus would really improve the game.

Edited by Ranger77Ice
  • Codemasters Staff
On 10/28/2021 at 9:38 PM, GoSuarez99 said:

@issueskid don’t you have the license for Typhoons-Royal Blood?

I can't talk about specific licenses but music for advertising, trailers, youtube content etc... doesn't always mean something can then be used in the game itself.

1 hour ago, issueskid said:

I can't talk about specific licenses but music for advertising, trailers, youtube content etc... doesn't always mean something can then be used in the game itself.

I suppose your pretending to ignore my awesome suggestion.  😭. It’s fine Barry does the same,😭

if your a audio guy I’d like. It so my game sound comes just through my tv And Spotify which is also on my ps5 came through just my sound bar.  Find a way to do that and I’d climb any mountain for you 👍🏻😛😍

• Codemasters Staff
22 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

I suppose your pretending to ignore my awesome suggestion.  😭. It’s fine Barry does the same,😭

if your a audio guy I’d like. It so my game sound comes just through my tv And Spotify which is also on my ps5 came through just my sound bar.  Find a way to do that and I’d climb any mountain for you 👍🏻😛😍

The suggestion of rock music? I'm not ignoring any suggestions but neither would I be in a position to officially announce anything we are currently working on so you won't find me outright telling you we're going to include "X genre" or "licensed music" in a patch or future game. Also keep in mind a sample size of 1 to 2 people suggesting rock music does not mean rock music will make it into the game 🙂

2 hours ago, issueskid said:

The suggestion of rock music? I'm not ignoring any suggestions but neither would I be in a position to officially announce anything we are currently working on so you won't find me outright telling you we're going to include "X genre" or "licensed music" in a patch or future game. Also keep in mind a sample size of 1 to 2 people suggesting rock music does not mean rock music will make it into the game 🙂

Sorry fella.  I’ve two much time on my hands, idle thumbs and this is the only place I go on the internet.  And I can’t help being a prolific poster off 💩.  

Tongue was firmly in my cheek..  But now I have got your attention.

You ignored my awesome suggestion.

Race commentary from either channel 4 or sky sports. F1 championship edition had it and although basic.  It worked well and actual commentators is better than listening to Jeff  give you wrong advice at wrong time. 

Sorry for the confusion.  I didn’t mean to suggest you were ignoring me. Was a joking little dig at Barry. 😁

• Codemasters Staff
5 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Sorry fella.  I’ve two much time on my hands, idle thumbs and this is the only place I go on the internet.  And I can’t help being a prolific poster off 💩.  

Tongue was firmly in my cheek..  But now I have got your attention.

You ignored my awesome suggestion.

Race commentary from either channel 4 or sky sports. F1 championship edition had it and although basic.  It worked well and actual commentators is better than listening to Jeff  give you wrong advice at wrong time. 

Sorry for the confusion.  I didn’t mean to suggest you were ignoring me. Was a joking little dig at Barry. 😁

Ah sorry, the race commentary.

As with other potential features I can't really give too many specifics here over whether we're going to do this in the future or not but we do always look at our speech system and look at how we can make improvements. It's not an easy feature to implement though, looking back at old games that do it, it was good for the time but quite crude by todays standards. Games like FIFA and NHL do a really good job of in game commentary but I don't think that's easily translated into motorsport. The minute to minute action isn't quite the same in a GP as it is in a Hockey match, there's no passing and shots on goal, Crofty and Martin in real life will ad-lib a lot and come up with a lot of unique, funny things to say. There can be 10 minutes or more in a race when nothing much interesting happens (Monaco anybody?), that's a difficult thing to get right without being repetetive. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, issueskid said:

Ah sorry, the race commentary.

As with other potential features I can't really give too many specifics here over whether we're going to do this in the future or not but we do always look at our speech system and look at how we can make improvements. It's not an easy feature to implement though, looking back at old games that do it, it was good for the time but quite crude by todays standards. Games like FIFA and NHL do a really good job of in game commentary but I don't think that's easily translated into motorsport. The minute to minute action isn't quite the same in a GP as it is in a Hockey match, there's no passing and shots on goal, Crofty and Martin in real life will ad-lib a lot and come up with a lot of unique, funny things to say. There can be 10 minutes or more in a race when nothing much interesting happens (Monaco anybody?), that's a difficult thing to get right without being repetetive. 

I’ve been around and I’m old enough to understand you can’t comment and why,  

This is a suggestion forum.  But it will please regular suggesters to see you have seen some off their suggestions and also replied.

Someone who posted a suggestion also started the post with I doubt this will be even read by codies. Or words to that effect.  So said not to post expecting to a reply. But not getting one doesn’t mean codies  don’t have secret browse to see if anything catches their eye. They said I had too much optimism 😁

Devs are not going to talk about what specific ideas they are looking at on an open forum.  

Didnt have the heart to point out codies are entitled to use any suggestion post without their approval or acknowledgement they used it.

Completely understand what your saying as regards to full commentary.

As I was thinking more for the drivers benefit (I know drivers don’t listen to it in a race but it is a simcade and most off us race using tv pod)off incidents on track or rivals putting in a series off fast laps.  But get it’s no easy thing.  But Jeff has no flair and always makes things worse if you follow anything he says.  

Im just making the suggestion.  You guys get paid the big bucks to find if it’s doable and worth doing. 

Think i know all  fifa commentary by heart: 

Edited by ScaredDuck