Jump to content Jump to content

Weird driver transfers

The one thing that bothers me so much and has been bothering me for years in the F1 game are the driver transfers in career mode. I already started a new career like five or six times this year because every time after the first season these transfers make absolutely zero sense. This time, I moved from Alfa Romeo to Ferrari myself and guess who replaced me at Alfa? Max Verstappen. That’s right! Arguably the best driver of the grid moves from a title winning car to the second worst car. And like I said, it happens after every season. It’s not fun for me anymore, I love F1 but I just can’t play it anymore. So unrealistic. I really hope Codies will do something about this but since it has been like this for years now I don’t think they will. You lost a loyal customer today Codies, I really, *really* want to have a fun career mode but it’s just so frustrating every time. After starting over six times this year, I’m gonna have to stop playing. And I think this means I’ll say goodbye to the game until this is fixed. 

3 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Yes it’s a common annoyance amongst everyone that plays driver or myteam career.. there are work arounds to stop this happening in myteam.  But as far as I know none in career 

What are the work arounds in My Team?

I'm getting tired of seeing things like Leclerc losing his seat in F1 completely only for Ferrari to bring in Mazepin as his replacement. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by Harbinger91
12 minutes ago, Harbinger91 said:

What are the work arounds in My Team?

I'm getting tired of seeing things like Leclerc losing his seat in F1 completely only for Ferrari to bring in Mazepin as his replacement. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Someone I can’t remember who off the top off my head, but posted a step by step guide.

Basically every transfer period in myteam you approach all the drivers you want to stay where they are and lose in the bidding process.  Sometimes you won’t even need to do that as your team acclaim or facilities won’t be good enough and the likes off Hamilton will flat out reject your approach. But it will mean he stays at Mercedes.  So I do it to Lewis, max, lando and both Ferrari drivers and lastly stroll cause he is never leaving his dads team.  

Keeps this between us cause I like the fella who posted the work around and slightly embarrassed I can’t remember his name

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Someone I can’t remember who off the top off my head, but posted a step by step guide.

Basically every transfer period in myteam you approach all the drivers you want to stay where they are and lose in the bidding process.  Sometimes you won’t even need to do that as your team acclaim or facilities won’t be good enough and the likes off Hamilton will flat out reject your approach. But it will mean he stays at Mercedes.  So I do it to Lewis, max, lando and both Ferrari drivers and lastly stroll cause he is never leaving his dads team.  

Keeps this between us cause I like the fella who posted the work around and slightly embarrassed I can’t remember his name

Cheers, now I can keep Mazepin from leaving daddy's team because let's face it Haas is essentially Uralkali Racing.

Stroll has at least proven he deserves a seat in F1, I'm not convinced though that he'll be capable of playing that Bottas role, for that reason I think he'll be the reason Aston Martin don't quite win a Contructors Championship.

Edited by Harbinger91
  • Like 1

It's with the developers. That's all I can say about it really as there's no news on what they intend to do.

I'm hoping it's to allow control over Driver Transfers to allow it to work as it is supposed to, but people keep asking for them to be turned off completely which seems like the cheap way out so as a quick-fix, they'll probably throw that in and say it's another job done successfully.

I had the same issue in Driver Career where Larsen (I think. It's a Danish female classic car driver) joined Mercedes and I just lost all enthusiasm.  I was doing 100% races so it was an especially painful kick in the gonads to not want to continue with it, so I feel your pain. 

Fun fact; in 27 seasons of F1 2021 (mostly simming or 25% to Podium Pass Grind), Leclerc is the only driver on my game who has never moved team nor retired. He's been at Ferrari every season. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
45 minutes ago, pashabotceps said:

I never got any crazy driver moves in 2020 game and 2021 game as well.I hardly even get driver moves, only when i move teams or when someone is retiring

Do you play MyTeam or Driver Career, or both?

I don't get too many odd things happening on my Driver Career but MyTeam really has its moments.

It does have things that happen across a few saves though. Alonso seems to go to Alpha Tauri alot and Russell frequently ends up at Alpine. Raikkonen has often gone to Aston mid-season 1 before retiring at the end of Season 1.   So I have a definite pattern of events that occur regularly. 

I was actually just about to start a career and have now read this post. I noticed that in the career options, the setting option for driver transfers (on or off) as in F1 2020 is missing. I thought that they had removed the driver transfers, but instead you are obviously forced to use them. It's no fun like that, so I won't be starting a career for the time being. 
Actually, I would have hoped that there would finally be an option for the frequency of rain in the career (similar to the frequency for the SC), but unfortunately not again!

2 hours ago, thegrizzled said:

I was actually just about to start a career and have now read this post. I noticed that in the career options, the setting option for driver transfers (on or off) as in F1 2020 is missing. I thought that they had removed the driver transfers, but instead you are obviously forced to use them. It's no fun like that, so I won't be starting a career for the time being. 
Actually, I would have hoped that there would finally be an option for the frequency of rain in the career (similar to the frequency for the SC), but unfortunately not again!

At this point the driver career is simply an abandoned game mode on CM side...even the My Team mode is lack luster considering how much anticipation it gets after the very positive reception from players in F1 2020, it wasn't even properly play tested. 

Braking Point must've taken so much focus from them during development, what a shame, tbh.  

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Agree 4
16 minutes ago, greg172 said:

It would be better if we had the option to control the driver transfers ourselves so we could make them sensible 

Yes totally agree and  this has been discussed in suggestions.   I’d love it just so I could stick Bottas in a haas do he’d stop winning me stop me whining 

5 minutes ago, DutchRacer87 said:

Have they reacted to those suggestions in any way? Or are they plain ignoring it?

The option to turn off transfers is with the developers and we may see that in an upcoming patch.  To manually control transfers we have no idea. If the did bring this in I believe it won’t happen until 2022 comes out

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2021 at 8:10 PM, ScaredDuck said:

Yes it’s a common annoyance amongst everyone that plays driver or myteam career.. there are work arounds to stop this happening in myteam.  But as far as I know none in career 

It’s so simple Codie’s need make the button drivers transfers off than I can finally play a game that I pre order but didn’t okay cuz the driver transfers are unrealistic. Maybe that’s the reason EA ****** up there while gamebase.

On 10/25/2021 at 4:32 PM, ScaredDuck said:

The option to turn off transfers is with the developers and we may see that in an upcoming patch.  To manually control transfers we have no idea. If the did bring this in I believe it won’t happen until 2022 comes out

The sad thing is most don't want to have to turn them off.  We just want them to be somewhat realistic or have control of them; like how every other sports game basically lets you control all rosters etc.   The fact of the matter here likely is they don't want to put in the effort to come up with a better logic system for transfers, or they wont want to put the effort in to give control to the player and I suspect we'll just hear...  "it's a licensing issue"

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, petro1319 said:

The sad thing is most don't want to have to turn them off.  We just want them to be somewhat realistic or have control of them; like how every other sports game basically lets you control all rosters etc.   The fact of the matter here likely is they don't want to put in the effort to come up with a better logic system for transfers, or they wont want to put the effort in to give control to the player and I suspect we'll just hear...  "it's a licensing issue"

It’s typical example off developers having good ideas but instead off putting thought into them.  They just shoehorn the basics then advertise it as a feature 

• Agree 1

My Team, first half year contract time Bottas- leading the championship was dumped by Mercedes and was out of F1. So second time round, how bad could it be?

First contract period Champion leader Bottas was signed to Ferrari. 

If it was year’s end I wouldn’t blink. Mid year? What did the guy do to offend Mercedes? 

12 hours ago, Aef251 said:

My Team, first half year contract time Bottas- leading the championship was dumped by Mercedes and was out of F1. So second time round, how bad could it be?

First contract period Champion leader Bottas was signed to Ferrari. 

If it was year’s end I wouldn’t blink. Mid year? What did the guy do to offend Mercedes? 

Probably disobeyed team orders and finished ahead of Lewis one race.  🤣

I had Ferrari dump Leclerc in one my my now abandoned career saves and he was out of F1 at the halfway point.  It's just completely stupid how this system is currently working.

Edited by petro1319

IT is weird.. I’ve never had or seen any top drivers change in my team in first season.  I’d love Bottas to get dumped out off my career.  If he pits and comes out behind me.  He has a habit off driving into me... Although to stop him running away with title I do try and keep him behind me.. if it was real f1 I’d probably get black flagged.

Bizarre happening in my new career.. just finished first season and not only has Hamilton won... hardly any dnf from top 4 teams..  Just wished this would happen when I’m challenging for titles..  as red bull and Mercedes tend to share the points equally.. so I get 100ish points lead..