Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[GAME MODE] Coop mode

What about cooperation mode with friend. One will be classical driver and second will be his co-pilot. He must read right pacenotes at right time. His camera can be where the copilot sits and see part of the route and bottom of the screen will have notes. Maybe some editor to custom stenogram will be great with this mode. For copilot can exist some assistants too. For example shakes on/off, or some assistant will help co-pilot where the car is and which corner will be follow. Because with off this it can be easy for co-pilot be lost in his pacenotes.

This could be intricate, hilarious and frustrating all at once. This is actually a mode in GTA V, and it takes some skill. In that game, they allow the co-driver to press certain buttons that put different symbols on the driver's screen, such as turn left, right, stay straight, etc...

Came here to necro this thread as it's exactly what I want.

My brother and I both play this game and we each want to play together but the multiplayer is extremely lacking. I can envison two separate modes for coop racing:
  1. Co-Driver reads pre-made pace notes (basically a scrolling list of existing notes)
  2. Co-Driver must make the pace notes to be read
The reading of the notes can be as hard or simple as you want it to be, from trying to focus on a bit of paper bouncing around in your hands to just having them pop up like they do in regular rally (albeit with the ability to see like 5 items ahead).

It would make it absolutely phenomenal fun to play with friends as both players are equally responsible for ensuring the car makes it around the course in the fastest manner possible.

Just call your friend, place him next to you, write a roadbook together and then turn the Co-Driver off.
So you can spend time together, drink something together, talk while outside a race ...
And the best thing, he sits next to you, so if he tells you right for a left corner you can easily hit him! ;-)

Absolutely a great idea, and one my friend actually suggested/requested about the game!  He enjoys driving games, but finds them fairly challenging at times to keep up causing him to lose interest.  He stated that he would absolutely enjoy having pace notes in front of him, reading them off to me either in the same room or over a chat functionality.  The idea adds more interest if VR is ever implemented into the game because while I am driving, he could look wherever he needs to at the time to either read the pace notes or keep his bearings as to where on the course we are.

While I agree it may be difficult to find player who will want to be in that position, it could even be a game mode and the two could swap positions every race or so.  That way both players get both experiences while getting the opportunity to play with a friend in a more cooperative manner.