Jump to content Jump to content

What non-calendar tracks, if any, would you ideally want as additional DLC/Free Content in F1 2022.

What non-calendar tracks, if any, would you ideally want as additional DLC/Free Content in F1 2022.   

71 members have voted

1. 1. What non-calendar tracks, if any, would you ideally want as additional DLC/Free Content in F1 2022.

• Sepang - Malaysia
    • Istanbul Park - Turkey
    • Shanghai - China
    • Portimao - Algarve/Portugal
    • Sakhir - The wiggly wavy one where Russell was in the Mercedes
    • Mugello - Italy
    • Nurburgring - Germany
    • Hockenheim - Germany
    • Kyalami - South Africa
    • Magny Cours - France
    • Indianapolis - USA
    • Buddh - India
    • Losail - Qatar (May be tricky as we've never seen it race)
    • Yeongam - South Korea
    • Adelaide - Australia (before Melbourne took over)
    • Valencia - Spain
    • Hanoi - Vietnam
    • Buenos Aires - Argentina
    • Estoril - Portugal
    • Brands Hatch - UK

9 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

I admit I do like tilke circuits... although he could stick some elevation changes in them.  And sand traps.  

I basically dont like Tilke circuits but i also love some of them (Sepang, Istanbul, India) and in the end a **** ton of tracks got touched by Tilke by now, Hockenheim, Red Bull Ring and Fuji reworks were also led by him.. I thought Silverstone too but seems not

Edited by Meza994
Just now, GoSuarez99 said:

I’m just going to say something: What is it with Italians and having gigantic front straights on their circuits?

I love it lol

12 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

I admit I do like tilke circuits... although he could stick some elevation changes in them.  And sand traps.  

Just saw an old tweet by Tilke and it was really disgusting.. He suggested Bahrain to make Turn 1 into a Copse corner.. Would kill the overtaking spot completely😭 luckily that is 3 years old and likely not to happen

2 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

I basically dont like Tilke circuits but there i also love some of them (Sepang, Istanbul, India) and in the end a **** ton of tracks got touched by Tilke by now, Hockenheim, Red Bull Ring and Fuji reworks were also led by him.. I thought Silverstone too but seems not

When you look at tilke tracks the generally all follow the same layout.  Fast bit a medium bit and a couple off hard braking zones at end off a straight.  Silverstone doesn’t follow those rules although whoever did design it probably took some ideas from him

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, ScaredDuck said:

When you look at tilke tracks the generally all follow the same layout.  Fast bit a medium bit and a couple off hard braking zones at end off a straight.  Silverstone doesn’t follow those rules although whoever did design it probably took some ideas from him

Yeah thats why i dont like most, just feels heartless on most just like Abu Dhabi, South Korea, Sochi, Jeddah, Hanoi.. I guess he does too many street circuits lately lol

• Agree 1
6 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

I love it lol

Just saw an old tweet by Tilke and it was really disgusting.. He suggested Bahrain to make Turn 1 into a Copse corner.. Would kill the overtaking spot completely😭 luckily that is 3 years old and likely not to happen

Some years ago.... over ten.., I was at Silverstone watching f1 testing....Back when engine noise was so loud you couldn’t hear yourself shouting.   I sat in the stand on the straight before copse... watching the cars take that corner was something to behold. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ScaredDuck said:

Some years ago.... over ten.., I was at Silverstone watching f1 testing....Back when engine noise was so loud you couldn’t hear yourself shouting.   I sat in the stand on the straight before copse... watching the cars take that corner was something to behold. 

Its an amazing corner but not a real overtaking spot.. sharp turns at 280 kph are just not made for humans to go wheel to wheel as we saw this year.. 30 years ago that would have ensured Hamiltons title..

• Agree 1

Tilke is an interesting character. He's basically monopolised the F1 circuit business so he, and his company, get basically all the contracts.  There are positives and negatives but most people know what they are after seeing about 5 of his tracks as they're generally similar cookie-cuts of each other.  He does have some decent tracks, and then some which are meh.

I think he's possibly hampered these days by the insistence on more street tracks, more middle-eastern locations and more street tracks in middle eastern locations.  Myself, I've never been a fan of a street track but I can admit a few do produce decent racing but rarely on the level of a fit-for-purpose track.   Also when he creates an idea for a track, I assume he bases the possibilities and capabilities around what cars, and technology, are like at that point.  When he was doing tracks in the 90's and early 00's, I don't imagine he was anticipating the hard-to-follow monsters that we have at the moment so sometimes the tracks can be a damp squib in different eras. 

That being said, he's done wonders for safety and facilities. Although, sometimes perhaps too much for safety as there's less jeopardy in the excessive run-off areas but none of us want fireballs and death so it's not the biggest compromise to have run-offs everywhere.

Regarding the poll; I imagine the first flurry is over now and it'll be the occasional odd person here and there who votes but (at the moment it is 38 voters) which is more than enough to see a pattern. 

• The newer, or more recently appearing, tracks are definitely more popular. 
  • Despite only appearing twice, and i'm not sure with fans either time, Portimao is very popular and joint for the lead with Turkey (which isn't a surprise). Its inclusion this year in the game probably has established it as a favourite for alot of people. 
  • Hockenheim is one vote more popular than Nurburgring but both are quite high so there's still alot of appetite for a German track. I'd definitely like Germany back on the calendar.
  • China only has 14 votes and I thought it'd be more popular than that. If anything, this poll certifies it probably won't be on next years game as a gift. I think it'll be on the real calendar again in a few years anyway though.
  • There were some tracks that started really well and then faded. Sepang being the most evident but I was surprised how well Mugello did, and has done, as it is currently joint fourth. 
  • Kyalami faded quite quickly and is now as popular as Estoril, and less so than Buddh (which I quite liked). 

Current top 6 -

1. Istanbul Park - Turkey - 31 Votes

1. Portimao - Algarve/Portugal - 31 Votes

3. Hockenheim - Germany - 23 Votes

4. Mugello - Italy - 22 votes

4. Nurburgring - Germany - 22 votes

6. Sepang - Malaysia - 21 votes

China is down in 7th with 14 votes and that gulf between 6th and 7th, I think, shows that if Codemasters wanted to include new tracks then they'd be the six worth including.  Obviously they can't all come in the same year so it'll have to be spread out over 2/3 years. 

Miami and a few track amendments for next year mean i'd be happy if they did Portimao (which is mostly there anyway) and two other tracks.

Then the following year is just Russia currently (Igora Drive). Maybe people will want Sochi to stay?  😂  Otherwise, the other three would be worth looking at.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Kyalami faded quite quickly and is now as popular as Estoril, and less so than Buddh (which I quite liked). 

I think its because its generally less popular.. Older people mostly know the old layout and mostly only Assetto Corsa players or motorsport nerds know the new layout.. Of course its just a speculation but the playerbase is probably not the oldest haha

I voted for the tracks that have been used in real life in 2020 and 2021 (see list below). Would be great then in F12022 you could start a career mode in 2020 and do the correct season (with 2 x Austria, 2 x Silverstone etc) with all the correct tracks, drivers and teams from that season (eg Renault, Racing Point), then progress to 2021 and do the same before going to 2022 with the new cars and full 23 race season. They could then build on this every year and you can choose which season to start from if you wanted.

Turkey

Portimao

Bahrain Outer

Nurburgring

Mugello

Qatar

• Like 1
On 10/27/2021 at 7:27 AM, SmokyAtom07 said:

Regarding the poll; I imagine the first flurry is over now and it'll be the occasional odd person here and there who votes but (at the moment it is 38 voters) which is more than enough to see a pattern. 

Especially when some one bumps it

On 10/29/2021 at 7:08 PM, ScaredDuck said:

Especially when some one bumps it

One off half a century now so it did alot better than I expected it to!

I think the pattern is pretty evident of the six that people would want (Portimao, Turkey, Sepang, Mugello and the two German tracks).  The two Germany tracks have been an exciting race of each other getting a one-point lead before being pegged back and now they're completely level.  I was curious to which one would be peoples favourite German circuit (i'm preferable to a Hockenheim myself) but both level-pegging hasn't cleared it up to which one people like more! 

• Like 1