Jump to content Jump to content

What non-calendar tracks, if any, would you ideally want as additional DLC/Free Content in F1 2022.

What non-calendar tracks, if any, would you ideally want as additional DLC/Free Content in F1 2022.   

75 members have voted

1. 1. What non-calendar tracks, if any, would you ideally want as additional DLC/Free Content in F1 2022.

• Sepang - Malaysia
    • Istanbul Park - Turkey
    • Shanghai - China
    • Portimao - Algarve/Portugal
    • Sakhir - The wiggly wavy one where Russell was in the Mercedes
    • Mugello - Italy
    • Nurburgring - Germany
    • Hockenheim - Germany
    • Kyalami - South Africa
    • Magny Cours - France
    • Indianapolis - USA
    • Buddh - India
    • Losail - Qatar (May be tricky as we've never seen it race)
    • Yeongam - South Korea
    • Adelaide - Australia (before Melbourne took over)
    • Valencia - Spain
    • Hanoi - Vietnam
    • Buenos Aires - Argentina
    • Estoril - Portugal
    • Brands Hatch - UK

14 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

One off half a century now so it did alot better than I expected it to!

I think the pattern is pretty evident of the six that people would want (Portimao, Turkey, Sepang, Mugello and the two German tracks).  The two Germany tracks have been an exciting race of each other getting a one-point lead before being pegged back and now they're completely level.  I was curious to which one would be peoples favourite German circuit (i'm preferable to a Hockenheim myself) but both level-pegging hasn't cleared it up to which one people like more! 

Polls on forums are good i think as majority off people that view the forums  don’t post... but will take part in a poll if they see one... that’s what said previously you should put poll in the title.

Cant make up my mind which German track id prefer I like both equally... although if it was full hockenheim circuit That would definitely win me over. 

• 4 weeks later...

I stumbeled over this poll way too late. Great thread! Just look at the number of people voting here, and its very interesting to see which tracks people would favor as well. I completely second the idea of having a paid DLC with tracks not found on the official FIA calendar, which you could then select for your myteam career, for multiplayer, for your league championship, maybe even for e-sports. If would also reflect the current pandemic situation of a certain uncertainty with a variety of tracks to choose from.

Given that several of the most interesting tracks do already exist in the game, or in last years game, it should be a feasible effort to offer such a "track pack".

I could not resist to vote as follows: Sepang-Istanbul-Portimao-Shanghai-Hockenheim-Nürburgring-Losail (while I agree there are some more interesting suggestions, too). About 5-7 tracks sounds interesting, as a few do already exist in the game, and such a package would still be large enough to add so much variety to the game, that people would jump for joy buying this.

A minor point: With the new iteration of the annual game arriving later and later, with tracks delayed and F2 cars not yet in the game, it might be perfectly worth it to "extend" the life cycle of the annual game with such a DLC. Go take my money already...

Edited by Schneehase
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

If the devs and or the licensing team are not aware off this post I wonder if someone could point them in this direction......  @BarryBL Please😁 Be a much better map/track dlc pack than  what cod or battlefield etc offers... Seems we’d be willing to pay for them. 2/3 tracks per dlc.  

As f1 games are series specific unlike its competitors that have much more content.  This would be a great way off adding content to f1 games.

Assuming we get full and correct roster from start next year.  Then 2 or maybe 3 dlc packs every three months.  Maybe

personally I’d prefer this to classic cars and or  F2.

Edited by ScaredDuck

Istanbul Park should have a reserved space on the F1 2022 calendar for sure. Because just as Turkey stepped in to fill the F1 lineup in both 2020 and 2021, I'm sure they'll be called upon to do the same in 2022, as the likes of China, Singapore and Australia abscond again because of the pandemic! 

Edited by FOneFanatic

I hope to see Portugal, China, Germany, Malaysia and even Vietnam as a base. Tracks that were in the game in recent years so potentially easier to bring them back. Portimao in particular is a track that Codemasters recreated very well. It will be bad to see it gone and all that work for just one year...

Edited by sirio994

Honestly I'd pay for the content if they added non calendar tracks and the option to make your own season length (for example 21 races, then 22 the next, then 20, etc) and the option to change the order (I just want to finish the season in Brazil) 

Hockenheim, Turkey, Nurburgring, Malaysia and Portimao would be my tracks, and having the short layouts as options (Bahrain outer track instead of the short track we had in F1 2020)

9 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

Istanbul Park should have a reserved space on the F1 2022 calendar for sure. Because just as Turkey stepped in to fill the F1 lineup in both 2020 and 2021, I'm sure they'll be called upon to do the same in 2022, as the likes of China, Singapore and Australia abscond again because of the pandemic! 

Just for the fact the turkey officials step up it appears whenever f1 need a replacement 

@SmokyAtom07.. the bump seems to have worked.  Seems got around ten extra voters. Once again great work with this post and poll

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • 1 month later...
On 12/2/2021 at 10:02 PM, Schneehase said:

I stumbeled over this poll way too late. Great thread! Just look at the number of people voting here, and its very interesting to see which tracks people would favor as well. I completely second the idea of having a paid DLC with tracks not found on the official FIA calendar, which you could then select for your myteam career, for multiplayer, for your league championship, maybe even for e-sports. If would also reflect the current pandemic situation of a certain uncertainty with a variety of tracks to choose from.

Given that several of the most interesting tracks do already exist in the game, or in last years game, it should be a feasible effort to offer such a "track pack".

I could not resist to vote as follows: Sepang-Istanbul-Portimao-Shanghai-Hockenheim-Nürburgring-Losail (while I agree there are some more interesting suggestions, too). About 5-7 tracks sounds interesting, as a few do already exist in the game, and such a package would still be large enough to add so much variety to the game, that people would jump for joy buying this.

A minor point: With the new iteration of the annual game arriving later and later, with tracks delayed and F2 cars not yet in the game, it might be perfectly worth it to "extend" the life cycle of the annual game with such a DLC. Go take my money already...

I just want to focus on that additional paid DLC tracks have to be available for EVERY mode. Remember, that f.e. the actual F2 in F1 2021 is quiet useless if you can't use their drivers and cars for career modes...

Edited by DonBlanko
  • Agree 1