Jump to content Jump to content

Let's get in touch

• 3 weeks later...

No not listened. Duels are still all fake. Just raced 3 first two against the same name/player. On the second of these his win streak was still one how can that be if I had just beaten him. Because it was a bot a bot the codemasters put there to steal from you. 
last race I won by 8 seconds opponents time post at the same time as mine even though he had not passed the finish line. 
Career mode looks ok, need time to see if it’s any good. 
Pro Leauge is not here even though the claim it is. Mine says 77% complete. Still racing all the same tracks. **** up date did not fix anything that’s important. Still stealing from me. Sorry have not listened at all. 

I've read all your posts, I agree with you there are lots of bots in duel. That was the case in 2020 version too though, less obvious as AI was better handled, their speed wasn't insane.

Looks like their algorithm won't let you win too many times in a row, 11 is the max for me, on the other hand if you lose two or three duels, the bot won't bypass you, unless you make big mistakes. So that you keep playing.

Maybe there aren't enough regular or top level players to make PvP duels all the time, casual players won't reach league 1 before several months I guess, so we'll have to wait for people to get in higher leagues to get more PvP duels.

Tracks for me are less repetitive, although some of them won't show up anymore (spa, night races, Monza), you're right there are some progress they can make, but still they did some good job for this update and fixed a few bothering things community complained about, although there are still things to fix, that's good they listened ! Let's encourage them 🙂

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, ThePope71 said:

No not listened. Duels are still all fake. Just raced 3 first two against the same name/player. On the second of these his win streak was still one how can that be if I had just beaten him. Because it was a bot a bot the codemasters put there to steal from you. 
last race I won by 8 seconds opponents time post at the same time as mine even though he had not passed the finish line. 
Career mode looks ok, need time to see if it’s any good. 
Pro Leauge is not here even though the claim it is. Mine says 77% complete. Still racing all the same tracks. **** up date did not fix anything that’s important. Still stealing from me. Sorry have not listened at all. 

Damm richt you are. Still AI cars flying by like I am not there. Same tracks, Baku, Monaco and Bahrein over and over again. WHAT A **** UPDATE!!!

I agree on both sides. A lot of improvements were made for bugs which were very annoying before. But also there’s still a lot of bots of which some are still insanely fast, but other bots are very slow and some are moderate (and the most fun to drive against). 
One thing about bots, now it’s possible to know if you will race a bot or human before you start the duel. If experience level says 1 it’s a bot, if it’s something like between 20-40 it’s a human for sure (my experience so far). Before the update experience level opponent was always 1 which was clearly a bug. 

Edited by RubiconXX78

I’m still not convinced it’s human players. I’ve raced against several with the same name but different cars. I usually know it’s a human player as they instantly try and knock you out. And will the complete lap around. 
within a second of another car and it should go into ghost mode and that will stop those cheats. Or accidental crashes which happen. 
The corner cut seem worse in some places. You can take more but it feels like you get less of a penalty. The infamous first chicane after the tunnel in Monaco is a haven for cheats blasting through from behind, then receiving a quick penalty and driving off to victory lane. Whoever thought that wouldn’t happen needs to take a long hard look at themselves, 

I’m guessing the update is mostly for the career mode which after a short time is now so boring it’s not funny. It’s easy to win nearly every race and lead the championship by a country mile. And that’s in a Alpha Romeo or Alpine. And probably in a HAAS. and in expert mode. 

Does it get harder? Am I missing something? I hope it’s nothing more then an embarrassing mistake on my behalf because career mode will get boring very quickly. 

On 11/19/2021 at 10:15 PM, RubiconXX78 said:

I agree on both sides. A lot of improvements were made for bugs which were very annoying before. But also there’s still a lot of bots of which some are still insanely fast, but other bots are very slow and some are moderate (and the most fun to drive against). 
One thing about bots, now it’s possible to know if you will race a bot or human before you start the duel. If experience level says 1 it’s a bot, if it’s something like between 20-40 it’s a human for sure (my experience so far). Before the update experience level opponent was always 1 which was clearly a bug. 

The level does not matter they are still fake. They have just fixed their own bug. I have had win by over 20 sec with a player on 34 and a unbelievable loss of over 15 seconds to a player on level 25. Lap time impossible unless he was in a time machine. 

In the mean time my experience is the same as yours, bots can have any score indeed. However, if you encounter a ‘player’ with level 1, then you can be 100% certain it’s a bot before you start the race, because it’s impossible to have a level 1 score if you’re in any league better than 8. 
Another strange thing is that in qualifying any bot is almost always very easy to beat, where in grid starts it’s sometimes near impossible. In sprint races the bots seem the most realistic and challenging, but not always. Also your win streak seems to have influence on the chance you have against a bot. Have reached a win streak several times of 11 or 12, but then I always got into a grid start and lost with 15 secs gap without making any real mistakes. 

Edited by RubiconXX78