Jump to content Jump to content

AI doing another lap in Q2 after setting a good lap on mediums.

34 minutes ago, OwnMasterMad said:

Well still the Ai get forced on softs giving me an easy podium.

It is a problem i agree, especially as it makes we wonder what the actual rules regarding tires are lol they sometimes use 2 mediums in quali IRL while we can not touch the race medium until the race and they use two hards in the race IRL while our second hard gets used in practice and cant be touched after.. It all doesnt seem to make much sense and i agree that Codemasters should implement a system to verify if a car is fast enough to make it through to Q3 on mediums and not have set teams that can try (this year Merc, RB and McLaren)

What bugs me about qualifying is that the AI gets a free lap. I would be the last to the track, finish my lap and no one is starting theirs, then when I go to the results screen a bunch of them got a lap in. Really bugs me.

Hi,

about Q2 yesterday I had a similar case but all in all the behaviour of the AI was interesting: as you can see from the picture both the Mercedes and Verstappen did a first lap on (M) but while Bottas with 1:27.6 was probably at serious risk (with hindsight), for Hamilton and Verstappen with 1:27.2 wasn't an easy call, and... one assumed the risk to not go out with S, the other did! It was nice to see ☺️

1300709633_2021-10-28_Bahrain_qualifying2_P5.thumb.jpg.7dc8e43237806ad517e0af6db015e417.jpg

What rather still looks weird to me is how they run tons of compounds during practice 1-2-3. Time ago I tried to 'study' the phenomenon, but without clear success. If I well remember in the list of the tyres, the icons are repeated each time one gets out for a run, no matter if with an already used set.

Perhaps it would be nice at least to distinguish, something like the current Image2.jpg.6e7bfaab85c193f9e8cd95169b45b82c.jpg for an used set, and a new icon like this Image3.jpg.7442f2c979fc53498b20b47c1cf28fbe.jpg for a new set (@BarryBL).

Regards,
Nuv

1 hour ago, Nuvolarix said:

Hi,

about Q2 yesterday I had a similar case but all in all the behaviour of the AI was interesting: as you can see from the picture both the Mercedes and Verstappen did a first lap on (M) but while Bottas with 1:27.6 was probably at serious risk (with hindsight), for Hamilton and Verstappen with 1:27.2 wasn't an easy call, and... one assumed the risk to not go out with S, the other did! It was nice to see ☺️

1300709633_2021-10-28_Bahrain_qualifying2_P5.thumb.jpg.7dc8e43237806ad517e0af6db015e417.jpg

What rather still looks weird to me is how they run tons of compounds during practice 1-2-3. Time ago I tried to 'study' the phenomenon, but without clear success. If I well remember in the list of the tyres, the icons are repeated each time one gets out for a run, no matter if with an already used set.

Perhaps it would be nice at least to distinguish, something like the current Image2.jpg.6e7bfaab85c193f9e8cd95169b45b82c.jpg for an used set, and a new icon like this Image3.jpg.7442f2c979fc53498b20b47c1cf28fbe.jpg for a new set (@BarryBL).

Regards,
Nuv

I agree