Jump to content Jump to content

My Team AI after a few seasons

Just finished season 3. In season 2 Hamilton was my teammate and I set the AI using him as a benchmark. Came to season 3 with Russel and suddenly I am turning down the AI at every track just to stay with him. I know I improved my personnel department, a little but I assumed a 100 score (driver ability plus bonus) was the maximum score. In ended up shutting down the department to make the racing more close. 

Anyone else see AI issues is subsequent seasons?

• Agree 2
Just now, Aef251 said:

Just finished season 3. In season 2 Hamilton was my teammate and I set the AI using him as a benchmark. Came to season 3 with Russel and suddenly I am turning down the AI at every track just to stay with him. I know I improved my personnel department, a little but I assumed a 100 score (driver ability plus bonus) was the maximum score. In ended up shutting down the department to make the racing more close. 

Anyone else see AI issues is subsequent seasons?

Did your car performance increase from season 2 to season 3? Or did you have a regulation change and lost some performance? The more upgrades your car has the better the AI gets in comparison to you. They get 100% out of the updates while our human reaction times etc. limit us to less than that.. always been like that and a likely reason for you problem

Just now, Meza994 said:

Did your car performance increase from season 2 to season 3? Or did you have a regulation change and lost some performance? The more upgrades your car has the better the AI gets in comparison to you. They get 100% out of the updates while our human reaction times etc. limit us to less than that.. always been like that and a likely reason for you problem

Yes, almost full development at mid mark of season 3. I feel now that if I restarted I would never develop the pace rating in the simulator to prevent this (assuming that would work)

2 minutes ago, Aef251 said:

Yes, almost full development at mid mark of season 3. I feel now that if I restarted I would never develop the pace rating in the simulator to prevent this (assuming that would work)

Yeah personel boosts are a dumb mechanic - please listen codies😂 - and you have it easier without it, but the base problem remains, AI gets harder the faster the cars are, lets just take Imola as an example, the first 2 corners are already tough to get the perfect point for turning right (unless you go over the T1 kerb😝) but now imagine it with cars 4s per lap quicker, that window gets even smaller and the AI gets it perfect every time just because they can.

A 'long war' style setting would be super helpful (for those familiar with XCOM). Basically, a way to significantly slow development to allow for legit 7-9 seasons before we get to where we currently get to in seasons 3-4. "Reduced" isn't enough.

Or, a little bolder, a reset every couple of years that re-seeds the various constructors based on how they've developed over two seasons. So there's benefit to developing, and it allows teams to move up and down, but the car development doesn't outpace the fact that we're playing with a static game and static tracks. Resets could be random or happen after seasons 2, 4 and 6, so the final 4 years go all out. 

• Agree 1

Or reducing the impact off r&d upgrades... esp performance. Ers and engine. 

Last years game before I was posting on here... myteam was ranked one by a fair bit and it was time to sign a class driver so brought in lando... We had one - two every qualifying.  But in race not only was we so much faster than the rest but lando with performance facilities operating at spec 3 he just drove off into the distance.. only way to beat him was to shut down performance facilities..  

Yup.. Personnel permanent boosts need removing/reworking. They're ruining the career modes big time. 

They:

- Make driver stats completely redundant (Can get most drivers to 100..)

- Ruin AI driver balance (Bottas ahead of Hamilton, Perez matching Verstappen)

- Ruin team balance. Merc and Red Bull are already faster and their drivers have higher stats.. let's make them even further ahead by having +10 stats compared to Williams, Alpine etc get none or +5. 

With no personnel boosts, we'll see more realistic driver performance, a reason to actually hire the top drivers and we might see Alfa and Williams actually able to compete.

• Agree 3
19 hours ago, svensenk86 said:

Yes from season 3 on your AI settings are useless,experienced the same....that is why i just started a new one 😜 every development / r&d / money thing on low...let's see how long that goes.

Thats how I started . With everything on low . Am at end off season 2 now . 2 races left . And I have around 19 to 20 upgrades . On every department . Apart from reliability . I'm at top off performance chart . Level with . Merc rdr and Ferrari  . Having a good fight with Ferrari  . For 3rd . Got no teg changes for next year . I signed Russel at start off season . And haven't had any crazy driver transfer . Apart from Riccardo . Moving to Williams . When o got Russel . And vettel took his McLaren's seat who is retiring at end off this season . I'm hoping it doesn't trigger any crazy driver moves .while Kimi still races on .

7 hours ago, Liaveil said:

Yup.. Personnel permanent boosts need removing/reworking. They're ruining the career modes big time. 

They:

- Make driver stats completely redundant (Can get most drivers to 100..)

- Ruin AI driver balance (Bottas ahead of Hamilton, Perez matching Verstappen)

- Ruin team balance. Merc and Red Bull are already faster and their drivers have higher stats.. let's make them even further ahead by having +10 stats compared to Williams, Alpine etc get none or +5. 

With no personnel boosts, we'll see more realistic driver performance, a reason to actually hire the top drivers and we might see Alfa and Williams actually able to compete.

Although one gotta say the game doesnt make the car performance gaps as big as they are IRL.. But im completely with you, if the Williams drivers were actually rated as high as they are talented (Russel) it would not be like you can easily outqualify him and get always P15 or similar while you would struggle to get near Verstappen