Jump to content Jump to content

Sponsors on Helmets gone

Hey guys

So, after the last update (Imola. I play the game on Xbox One btw) the sponsors do not show on the helmets anymore, in My Team career mode. I contacted Codemasters and got a lazy email back saying "this is normal, it's part of the last update".

In the original state of the game, the sponsors were present. This is what the game should still look like, as many of us look up photos or videos of the game to assess whether or not we want to buy the game. So this could have been a factor to decide to buy the game. It is not acceptable for the sponsors not to show anymore, regardless of the reasons. The game should not be downgraded from its original state.

The helmet designs often have a specific space on the chin area or behind the temple, where a blank space is found. This is specifically to show the sponsors!

Personally i am sick and tired of devs just slacking off and being lazy and i think this is the case here, due to the email i received.

All teams have sponsors on their cars, race suits (including caps btw!) and helmets. In 2021 how can Codemasters not have this too...

Does anyone have info about them fixing this issue? (1) As it is obviously connected to the last update.

Does anyone know how we can put pressure on the devs to actually bring this back to its original state? (2)

Further, when the grid lineup is shown or the positions at the end of the race, the sponsors on the racing suits of my team, are blurred out. Will this be fixed? (3)

If i view a race i did in My Team career mode, in the main menu of the game, the sponsors are gone from the car. Why? (4)

• Agree 2

Pretty sure I saw it in bug section as been addressed. It pretty standard now it seems for patches to break just as much as they fix .Not just this game but every game seems to have similar issues ... It really poor but seems to be the way it is .

• Agree 1
19 hours ago, Naxlr said:

It pretty standard now it seems for patches to break just as much as they fix.

But these guys go buy the name  Codemasters, ffs 🙄

Don’t see any other studio blatantly misleading their customers like this.  

Want the situation to improve? Stop paying for the privilege to beta test 😇

Think when they fixed your driver been stuck as sainz ????? They managed to break the sponsors . Plus not just codemasters . Image the people who pre ordered or bought NASCAR ignition 75 pound and the absolute state of that so yes it is rife that games up till about 6 months after release are just bug infested messes ....

On 10/28/2021 at 10:32 AM, Guga_Cyr said:

But these guys go buy the name  Codemasters, ffs 🙄

Don’t see any other studio blatantly misleading their customers like this.  

Want the situation to improve? Stop paying for the privilege to beta test 😇

As nax said it’s not just codemasters.  It’s industry standard.

totally agree with your second sentence.

since project cars 2 I refuse to buy any game in the first 6 months off release.

yes I bought this game the day it was released but only because I had just got my hands on a ps5 and wanted a ps5 game to play.  

On the subject off sponsors on my helmet.  I actually thought they looked pants with the sponsors on so I’m pretty indifferent on it

Edited by ScaredDuck