DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheat in todays daily

In P6 it appears a spanish guy called Desmo in a Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2!!!!!! Dont know if it is a bug or he must have to be banned, thats not fair

It's kind of common in other daily/weekly right?
Like after few stages i lost over 6 minutes, even if every stage i finished was at least good (no crashes, no respawns, any wrong stuff), I can't accept i'm that bad xd

This is a really stupid bug with leaderboards...I see guy with Manta also... but what's weird is that Desmo nad Gargoware has somehow in the sameday other cars then those restricted in both Daily Online Events. But there are also alot of people with other cars...like one with Opel Manta, other with Focus....

Nearly every car in the game has appeared on the dailies leaderboard today lol   Best of it is , they aren't even fastest!!

Cheating = Your doing it Wrong!!

KevM said:
Nearly every car in the game has appeared on the dailies leaderboard today lol   Best of it is , they aren't even fastest!!

Cheating = Your doing it Wrong!!
Well this guy got a P6, faster than you and me, and a 205 is faster than a fiesta

& he should have won it by a country mile!! :)

5 lads beat him with their slow Fiesta's! 

KevM said:
& he should have won it by a country mile!! :)

5 lads beat him with their slow Fiesta's! 
But he maybe sucks driving, which could be probable

Yesterday, both daily events were broken for like 10-15 minutes after launch. There were 24 cars available. No one was cheating. I thought devs would remove that times but maybe it was not possible.

I don't know in this case, but sometimes when I finish an event and see my time compared with the first time it states that the first time was made with a RX class car. Clearly a bug

G37L057 said:
Well, I've made a screenshot of that thing. Some people just can't accept that they can be beaten, ehh...

Well, we have caught that slow Desmo 2 times, and he cant win even in a Gr. B, he deserves a ban

Procver said:
Wow, how is that possible?

• Body is 14 characters too short.
He might swap the Car files, fiesta for 205, so he do the dailys in a much powered car, i suppose

G37L057 said:
Well, I've made a screenshot of that thing. Some people just can't accept that they can be beaten, ehh...

How sad is this shit???

G37L057 said:

Yep, going by the dailys thread, if some people don't get first, they don't even post their time - lol

(Im joking by the way)

FYI, gentlemen - yesterday's daily was a little bugged, and for the first few minutes people had a wide variety of cars to choose from, it wasn't remedied quickly enough. It has happened before - and since it's not the players' fault, they're allowed to keep their times.

G37L057 said:
OzoreXS said:
How pathetic is this shit???
Fixed for you :P
No,no man. Its SAD.

I mean, if you think about this guys... what in the life can make you taking the time to get the "know how" to filter a car... and whtaever  more it carries until you get that shit working

And then what? tadaaaaa... yay I got a top 10 time with a 600bhp car vs 300bhp cars.

No challenging, not fun, whats the point? "hey look, I hacked fake rally" ?¿?¿?

Dunno man, this is sad and makes me sad. Steal credits from all of us by the way...

PERMABAN!!!!

This was indeed a bug our end - the schedule was thrown off by the release of the next update, meaning there wasn't a valid event. That meant that all cars were available for about 15 minutes after 10am. I've been through the leaderboard for today's Daily and everything seems to be in working order.

Still, we have seen a couple of players sneak into events with an invalid car, so rest assured that we're publishing some new net code next Thursday that explicitly removes any time in an invalid vehicle.

Sorry for the confusion!

FYI, gentlemen - yesterday's daily was a little bugged, and for the first few minutes people had a wide variety of cars to choose from, it wasn't remedied quickly enough. It has happened before - and since it's not the players' fault, they're allowed to keep their times.
Abusing bugs is usually seen as breaking the ToS, and that is cheating. Daily informs what the car should be used, so if I see Mini Cooper in a daily and can choose from more than it, then I'm gonna report the bug and either use the Mini Cooper OR wait till it's fixed. Daily won't run away... at least not within 24 hours xD

OzoreXS said:
Dunno man, this is sad and makes me sad. Steal credits from all of us by the way...

PERMABAN!!!!
I'm definitely not gonna be sad about losing few credits or that someone can't play fair. I find this purely pathetic. Sad is when someone dies, gets a disease, generally speaking something bad happens without that person being fully aware about them making it happen. Cheating is purely based on a person decision, which falls under the pathetic branch IMO.

All in all... ban them critters.
Hatward said:
This was indeed a bug our end - the schedule was thrown off by the release of the next update, meaning there wasn't a valid event. That meant that all cars were available for about 15 minutes after 10am. I've been through the leaderboard for today's Daily and everything seems to be in working order. 

Still, we have seen a couple of players sneak into events with an invalid car, so rest assured that we're publishing some new net code next Thursday that explicitly removes any time in an invalid vehicle. 

Sorry for the confusion!
That's good to know. Also nice to see you're on toes when it comes to keeping the leaderboards clean :)

G37L057 said:
Abusing bugs is usually seen as breaking the ToS, and that is cheating. Daily informs what the car should be used
Except that for the first few minutes, car selection didn't have any restrictions. So, not their fault.

Hatward said:

Sorry for the confusion!

That's good to know. Also nice to see you're on toes when it comes to keeping the leaderboards clean :)
We take this stuff very seriously! I've been working through some red tape and technical hurdles since we launched, I'm hoping in the next few weeks I can make even more improvements to the security of our leaderboards and have serious implications for the bad apples that are spoiling our party.