Jump to content Jump to content

Final performance update


Recommended Posts

Just now, julian439 said:

Hi all,

do we know if there will be a final car performance update? 
i think there is a need for update, as now Ferrari is at the same level as McLaren (or even faster), Williams needs also a boost and Mercedes car is now as good as the Red Bull. 
thanks 

Although Merc is faster (Cota was just too bumpy to go as low as they want) there will be not another performance update 90% sure.. Codemasters have always only brought 1 update to the car performance

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Although Merc is faster (Cota was just too bumpy to go as low as they want) there will be not another performance update 90% sure.. Codemasters have always only brought 1 update to the car performance

Apparently Merc had to adjust the floor of there car . After fp1 . Cause the bumps . Were damaging it . Which cost them a fair bit off lap time . But going off turkey where rdr were expecting to be stronger . Looks as if Merc have found there way again . I just find it funny how rdr are constantly going to the stewards to get then to investigate any little detail Merc change . While Merc are just going about there own business . I really hope max doesn't win the title . I don't believe all the hype around him . Looking forward to seeing what Russel can do next year . 

 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PaulLynch said:

Apparently Merc had to adjust the floor of there car . After fp1 . Cause the bumps . Were damaging it . Which cost them a fair bit off lap time . But going off turkey where rdr were expecting to be stronger . Looks as if Merc have found there way again . I just find it funny how rdr are constantly going to the stewards to get then to investigate any little detail Merc change . While Merc are just going about there own business . I really hope max doesn't win the title . I don't believe all the hype around him . Looking forward to seeing what Russel can do next year .

Really? After Merc cried nonstop at start of the season about Honda engine making weird gains, Flexing wings altho their own front wings flexes most and the pitstops because Merc were just bad at them😂 Trust me, teams complain and go to the stewards with everything about everyone, the just dont broadcast everything

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PaulLynch said:

Apparently Merc had to adjust the floor of there car . After fp1 . Cause the bumps . Were damaging it . Which cost them a fair bit off lap time . But going off turkey where rdr were expecting to be stronger . Looks as if Merc have found there way again . I just find it funny how rdr are constantly going to the stewards to get then to investigate any little detail Merc change . While Merc are just going about there own business . I really hope max doesn't win the title . I don't believe all the hype around him . Looking forward to seeing what Russel can do next year . 

 

Can’t agree with you more..  I watched some episodes off the Netflix series and every episode I watch Christian Horner was whinging about something Mercedes did... 

When he married ginger.... I honestly wondered why he’d marry a self obsessed whinge bag like her...  turns out they are two peas in a pod

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Can’t agree with you more..  I watched some episodes off the Netflix series and every episode I watch Christian Horner was whinging about something Mercedes did... 

When he married ginger.... I honestly wondered why he’d marry a self obsessed whinge bag like her...  turns out they are two peas in a pod

Hasn't F1 always been like that? Championship rivals will try to get an advantage in any way they can and hinting that Mercedes have broken rules to try and get them investigated is just another example of it

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, WestHam66 said:

Hasn't F1 always been like that? Championship rivals will try to get an advantage in any way they can and hinting that Mercedes have broken rules to try and get them investigated is just another example of it

There’s ways and means and he just whinges like a B🤬😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ScaredDuck said:

There’s ways and means and he just whinges like a B🤬😁

And Netflix loves to emphasize on that, you dont believe they actually show everything going on in the background of F1 that would ruin the story they are trying to tell?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

And Netflix loves to emphasize on that, you dont believe they actually show everything going on in the background of F1 that would ruin the story they are trying to tell?

And the fact you don’t like Mercedes and are intact a red bull fan has nothing to do with it? 

Dude I have no bias... you do..  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

And Netflix loves to emphasize on that, you dont believe they actually show everything going on in the background of F1 that would ruin the story they are trying to tell?

Exactly this. How can we believe a programme that plays radio calls from different incidents to what they're showing.

Edited by WestHam66
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

And the fact you don’t like Mercedes and are intact a red bull fan has nothing to do with it? 

Dude I have no bias... you do..  

I dont care about Red Bull😂 but nice thinking im biased.. Its just a fact the Karen behavior Horner does has been in F1 for decades.. You know how much they teams cried about 94 Benetton? Besides its just a fact that Red Bull and Merc have cried almost equally this year, first half of the season was almost non stop Merc crying and since Silverstone its turned around to Horner crying

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

I dont care about Red Bull😂 but nice thinking im biased.. Its just a fact the Karen behavior Horner does has been in F1 for decades.. You know how much they teams cried about 94 Benetton? Besides its just a fact that Red Bull and Merc have cried almost equally this year, first half of the season was almost non stop Merc crying and since Silverstone its turned around to Horner crying

The 1994 Benetton is whole other can of worms!

The possible connection between that car and Senna's accident at Imola is detailed in Tom Rubython's book Fatal Weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Homer has been crying since the Mercedes overtook them and hasn’t stopped since.

If it would be Homer it would at least be funny lol but thats F1.. Merc only stopped crying after Silverstone when they got the FIA to do 2 things for them and one of them being completely ridiculous (Pitstops).. Like it or not but that crying is part of F1/competition, humanity cant deal with competition without this, its totally stupid that they cry nonstop but its nothing team specific..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Meza994 said:

If it would be Homer it would at least be funny lol but thats F1.. Merc only stopped crying after Silverstone when they got the FIA to do 2 things for them and one of them being completely ridiculous (Pitstops).. Like it or not but that crying is part of F1/competition, humanity cant deal with competition without this, its totally stupid that they cry nonstop but its nothing team specific..

Yay first time you’ve made me genuinely 😃 today.  Doh😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, julian439 said:

Hi all,

do we know if there will be a final car performance update? 
i think there is a need for update, as now Ferrari is at the same level as McLaren (or even faster), Williams needs also a boost and Mercedes car is now as good as the Red Bull. 
thanks 

I can agree more... new performance update should take place..and tt reset...

it's awful people can't best their times on some tracks..but as others said..it probably will not happen...sad codies throw something good away. HALF-GAME I would say.

my opinnion

Link to post
Share on other sites

Better solution here would just be to allow driver and car ratings to be edited by the user.  You know; kind of like every other sports title out there.

You need to look no further than the career modes to understand why this is necessary.  You start Career mode year one with all team MAX potential based on whatever performance Codies deems is fit currently.   You'll start there, and 10 years later end in that exact same pecking order when all teams are maxed out.  Haas and Williams will always end up last, RB first, Merc 2nd etc. etc once all teams are maxed out.  It's incredibly stupid to be honest.  Heck, I'm in year 3 of one career mode my car is maxed out already, so is RB and MERC.  Soon the rest of the order will fall in line as well and we're right back with the same order we started with.  What's the point?  

I'm sure someone will say well the teams or FIA, or FOM whatever won't allow that due to licensing etc. etc.   Simple solution... Don't have a game then.  It's supposed to be realistic.  Not scripted.  Develop a better team progression/rating system, or give the user the ability to change ratings as they see fit.  Same as with driver transfers.  Clearly it can't be programmed properly, so give us control.  If "licensing" gets in the way of that, then it's time the folks on the F1, FIA, FOM and team sides get over themselves and allow some freedom here.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, petro1319 said:

Better solution here would just be to allow driver and car ratings to be edited by the user.  You know; kind of like every other sports title out there.

You need to look no further than the career modes to understand why this is necessary.  You start Career mode year one with all team MAX potential based on whatever performance Codies deems is fit currently.   You'll start there, and 10 years later end in that exact same pecking order when all teams are maxed out.  Haas and Williams will always end up last, RB first, Merc 2nd etc. etc once all teams are maxed out.  It's incredibly stupid to be honest.  Heck, I'm in year 3 of one career mode my car is maxed out already, so is RB and MERC.  Soon the rest of the order will fall in line as well and we're right back with the same order we started with.  What's the point?  

I'm sure someone will say well the teams or FIA, or FOM whatever won't allow that due to licensing etc. etc.   Simple solution... Don't have a game then.  It's supposed to be realistic.  Not scripted.  Develop a better team progression/rating system, or give the user the ability to change ratings as they see fit.  Same as with driver transfers.  Clearly it can't be programmed properly, so give us control.  If "licensing" gets in the way of that, then it's time the folks on the F1, FIA, FOM and team sides get over themselves and allow some freedom here.

Problem is not the licensing but the AI.. They could make the chassis weight, engine power and drag modable to players, the AI would utilize this for the most part but any changes to the Aerodynamics, brakes and chassis weight distribution are not affecting the AI - only if it is not enough for the line the AI tries to drive then they will fail miserably!.. There would be a kinda solution to this but i dont think it will happen soon looking at how the game works..

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...