Jump to content Jump to content

Remove driver stat boosts?

Stats boosts  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should Codemasters remove the statboosts from the 2021 game as they break it more than they gain anything valuable?

• Yes, cut them completely
    • No, keep them in so that driver ratings dont matter in career mode

As it becomes a real problem and many players complain about it i wanna see how the forum users see this..

Known problems resulting from this is:

Bottas winning all championships

No gaps between drivers in a team - always 1-2 Merc, 3-4 RB, 5-6 Ferrari, 7-8 McLaren

Partly to blame for increasing difficulty in later seasons

and those are just the ones i can name right out of my head.

Unless they could come up with a more sophisticated system to diverse the driver's performance in MyTeam or Career modes, I would say they should completely remove the boost feature. It literally made the driver stats completely meaningless because they all ended up having the same stats anyways. 

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Agree 4
20 minutes ago, Badmayhem said:

What am I missing here? The other drivers get boosted if they aren't your team mate?

Lewis,Max and Bottas have the same stats?.......not in my game anywhere.

I wont vote till I understand what the problem is which right at this moment I dont.

All drivers get boosts, not only the second driver in MyTeam.. it doesnt show it in the driver market but the boosts do apply for each team which is why the drivers in top teams have almost no gaps in qualifying - because the boosts get both drivers of Merc, Ferrari, RB and McLaren to ~100 pace

• Thanks 1

Yup, essentially, Mercedes and Red Bull start by default with tier 2 Personnel (Can check this by choosing them in Driver career) which means that Hamilton, Bottas, Verstappen and Perez are getting +10 on all stats permanently. Taking EXP out of the equation, Hamilton is getting 100 in pace and racecraft but 95 in awareness while Bottas is getting 100 in all three. This is why we're seeing Bottas regularly ahead as he actually performs at higher stats than Hamilton. It's also why Perez is very close to Max (100 vs 98 pace). McLaren and Ferrari get rank 2 pretty early so Norris and Leclerc very quickly get 100 in all stats too. Its completely broken and ruins career mode.

We know this is the case as well since GP mode everyone performs correctly and during the patch where Personnel was bugged, we saw the real stats in use and the careers were infinitely better during that patch.

What they need to do is redesign it really but in a patch could do any of these:

1. Just remove them and only have stat boosts from team activities/events.

2. Make it so only the player team in My Team gets them (this is my preferred option for a patch so we can at least make an F2 driver competitive)

3. Have driver stats break the 100 limit. (Hamilton would get 108 pace rather than just 100)

4. Give us the option to enable/disable stat boosts for all teams.

So yes, please, Codies. Either remove or redesign these boosts!

• Agree 1
9 minutes ago, Liaveil said:

3. Have driver stats break the 100 limit. (Hamilton would get 108 pace rather than just 100)

This sounds like the "obvious" solution to me, however it may well be that game design does not allow for this option if "100 = maximum" would be hardcoded somewhere. I would be curious to know, TBH. Even if it was, the "obvous" solution would then be, to cut all stats in half, wouldnt it? Not that the gane would have to "show" these stats that were cut in half, but it would have to calculate with those.

4 hours ago, Badmayhem said:

What am I missing here? The other drivers get boosted if they aren't your team mate?

Lewis,Max and Bottas have the same stats?.......not in my game anywhere.

I wont vote till I understand what the problem is which right at this moment I dont.

Amount off time I’ve put in my team and would always try to figure out what was going on..  Had the extreme wing off the bottas  fan club infiltrated codemasters ? Was it in the interest off fairness to finally let Bottas win something? 

And the whole time it completely passed me by it was he 2nd driver thing... it’s was the fact it had 2nd driver in the name I didn’t connect it with the other ai drivers.

Im not a hateful hold a grudge type person.. and always liked bottas.... But this game has made me despise him 😐 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Meza994 said:

All drivers get boosts, not only the second driver in MyTeam.. it doesnt show it in the driver market but the boosts do apply for each team which is why the drivers in top teams have almost no gaps in qualifying - because the boosts get both drivers of Merc, Ferrari, RB and McLaren to ~100 pace

Thank you,

You cant fix this by turning down your AI settings then?

That is what would happen IF CM would deboost the AI..... A persons 100 AI setting would become say 90.

There would be another group of people saying why did you nerf the game cause they like a challenge.

I always thought the car updates is why they got so fast. 

7 minutes ago, Badmayhem said:

Thank you,

That is what would happen IF CM would deboost the AI..... A persons 100 AI setting would become say 90.

There would be another group of people saying why did you nerf the game cause they like a challenge.

See this becomes the other problem I face I can develop my car to be ranked 1. But if you have your 2nd driver facilities working and at spec 3 you leave the rest off the field car behind it if like me you have to hire Norris cause you love him... he leaves you far behind... so only way to combat it is to shut down the facilities down..  however I just spec all the experience slots just so I have spec 3 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
6 hours ago, Badmayhem said:

Thank you,

Not fully, some AI get a bit easier then yes but for Hamilton (and Verstappen) the pace difference would only be under 0.1s so nothing basically.. I know what you mean and its a problem but i think the bigger problem is to have no difference in the drivers at all, it makes the rating completely obsolete

9 hours ago, Liaveil said:

1. Just remove them and only have stat boosts from team activities/events.

2. Make it so only the player team in My Team gets them (this is my preferred option for a patch so we can at least make an F2 driver competitive)

4. Give us the option to enable/disable stat boosts for all teams.

Funny thing is i tried to have your #2 as a vote option but somehow it didnt work lol. #3 would be best but somehow i doubt that its possible🤔

My guess it is a combination of AI boosts and and the AI being able to take better advantage of car developments. I don’t mind if Perez and Bottas start beating their team mates. What I don’t like is having to choose between hiring bad drivers, shutting off facilities, or dumbing down the AI to compete with my team mate at the cost of other teams being “in” the championship.

3 minutes ago, Aef251 said:

My guess it is a combination of AI boosts and and the AI being able to take better advantage of car developments. I don’t mind if Perez and Bottas start beating their team mates. What I don’t like is having to choose between hiring bad drivers, shutting off facilities, or dumbing down the AI to compete with my team mate at the cost of other teams being “in” the championship.

Which this is referring to is not in later seasons but from season 1 already.. At the moment you can have a Imola one shot qualifying result of 1-2 RB 3-4 Merc 5-6 Ferrari 7-8 McLaren and 9-10 AM and the teams drivers only separated by 0.1s maximum. Thats not what the game should be like nor what is intended by the first season

IF the drivers were to develop such that Perez is equal to Verstappen for whatever reason by season 5 that would be fine and interesting but, these stats boosts actually cause the drivers to be equal unless one gets worse than 85 in his stats - then it starts to differ again.

I’m ten races into another first season and I’d be happy at seeing Hamilton make more than 2 podiums.  Bottas not finished out side top two.....  no matter what 💩 is thrown at me I still have dreams.

but it’s kind off a weird one in this season. As I’m going to restart when new update is out I’ve been playing around.. it’s appears turn ai up. You stand no chance with car not having much development.,  Turn the ai down and all seems fine and dandy and easy.   Practice easy. One shot seconds ahead. Race easy until last few laps and Ai goes psychotic aggressive.

I always dread performance patches as they fix what is obvious to see.  But they always tend to knock games overall balance.

So first 6 monthsish games huge amount off bugs destroys players experience

Next six months players lose the will to live after coming across huge imbalances 

Then New title released and repeat 

Edited by ScaredDuck

I restarted a My Team thinking this time I won’t improve my personnel department’s pace section and setting all AI, Acclaim, and Money to reduced hoping to try avoid later issues (I can dream). Curiously after 5 races, Hamilton 3 wins, 2 second places, Max 2 wins, 3 second places, Bottas 5 third places.

19 hours ago, Meza994 said:

As it becomes a real problem and many players complain about it i wanna see how the forum users see this..

Known problems resulting from this is:

Bottas winning all championships

No gaps between drivers in a team - always 1-2 Merc, 3-4 RB, 5-6 Ferrari, 7-8 McLaren

Partly to blame for increasing difficulty in later seasons

and those are just the ones i can name right out of my head.

I'm in my 3rd . Season bottas has only won one championship in my team that was in first season . Think he won it by Singapore . Such was his advantage . So from 2nd season once I got close enough to the Merc . I would take him out on purpose . Or force him into taking another pit stop . Just to stop him from winning every thing 

4 minutes ago, PaulLynch said:

I'm in my 3rd . Season bottas has only won one championship in my team that was in first season . Think he won it by Singapore . Such was his advantage . So from 2nd season once I got close enough to the Merc . I would take him out on purpose . Or force him into taking another pit stop . Just to stop him from winning every thing 

I do exactly that now.  Whenever I come across Bottas on track being super aggressive .  I ready up flashback.  Watch replay stop it just where his front wing is near my rear wheel. Flashback and slight change in direction and goodbye Bottas.  

• Haha 2

It would make a little sense, say, four to five years in if Bottas was beating Hamilton as you could say age has caught up with Lewis but it's odd when he does it right off the bat.

I am finding the teammate balance isn't that close on the 8 'lesser teams' currently but it isn't just second drivers winning.

For example, im now at Russia in my 100% race length 22 race season (take two). 

Hamilton and Bottas are close on mine. Hammy leads Bottas by 12 points due to a DNF for Bottas in the last race, otherwise Valtteri would marginally lead.

Max leads Perez by a long way in the standings but Perez has races where he demolishes Max. Like miles up the road.

Norris is trouncing Ricciardo. I guess a little like the start of this season IRL although Riccy is back on pace lately and I think he's beaten Lando since the midseason break (also just like real life). 

Leclerc is in another league to Sainz. I'm abit of a Leclerc stan tbh but, even so, while he's considerably faster than Sainz in real life, he's not that much faster that he's coming around to lap him which has happened twice now. 

Gasly has made Tsunoda look like he's still driving his Carlin.  He's SO far ahead every race. Gasly is the only driver who seems to always get points and Tsunoda hasn't even got one.

Vettel making Daddy's Little Prince look like a chump. Stroll has one point he kinda lucked into. Vettel is almost 40 points, I think.

Alonso has taken Ocon back to school. Ocon did finish 6th in one race but that's the only race he's finished in the top 12. Alonso is always 9th or 10th. 

Raikkonen started off by destroying Gio but it all changed around Canada and he hasn't beaten him since. Both pointless though.

Latifi occasionally beats Russell in the races but usually George is ahead. Their qualifying is the odd one where I think it's 8-6 to Russell which isn't resembling real life at all. Russell has Williams' only point though. This is the only teammate dynamic other than Merc that seems closeish so I think George is a tad underrated. 🙄

Schumacher spends every race nearly lapping Maz. I really thought he was going to do it at Belgium but he was only approaching the bus stop when Maz finished. Singapore is a possibility it'll happen as the race is so long.

I have Shwartzman as my teammate in season one as he's the best of a bad bunch of F2 stats and he's done... okay. I've only level 1 for Personnel so it's +5 on everything but the car is a shambles so he's not doing that well. He did get one point at a wet-dry-wet race where front-runners pitted every lap for soft tyres though so he's got that under his belt. 

So something is definitely affecting the stats somewhere and not just a particular 'second' seat.  I get the top drivers have a ceiling they're hitting so you'd think they'd be similar but it's not happening too often for me outside Merc. 

I'd agree they should just bin off the permanent changes for the AI and maybe just have a baseline performance they have and then occasional good and bad races throughout the season where they fluctuate from that baseline. 

• Agree 2
1 hour ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

It would make a little sense, say, four to five years in if Bottas was beating Hamilton as you could say age has caught up with Lewis but it's odd when he does it right off the bat.

I am finding the teammate balance isn't that close on the 8 'lesser teams' currently but it isn't just second drivers winning.

For example, im now at Russia in my 100% race length 22 race season (take two). 

Hamilton and Bottas are close on mine. Hammy leads Bottas by 12 points due to a DNF for Bottas in the last race, otherwise Valtteri would marginally lead.

Max leads Perez by a long way in the standings but Perez has races where he demolishes Max. Like miles up the road.

Norris is trouncing Ricciardo. I guess a little like the start of this season IRL although Riccy is back on pace lately and I think he's beaten Lando since the midseason break (also just like real life). 

Leclerc is in another league to Sainz. I'm abit of a Leclerc stan tbh but, even so, while he's considerably faster than Sainz in real life, he's not that much faster that he's coming around to lap him which has happened twice now. 

Gasly has made Tsunoda look like he's still driving his Carlin.  He's SO far ahead every race. Gasly is the only driver who seems to always get points and Tsunoda hasn't even got one.

Vettel making Daddy's Little Prince look like a chump. Stroll has one point he kinda lucked into. Vettel is almost 40 points, I think.

Alonso has taken Ocon back to school. Ocon did finish 6th in one race but that's the only race he's finished in the top 12. Alonso is always 9th or 10th. 

Raikkonen started off by destroying Gio but it all changed around Canada and he hasn't beaten him since. Both pointless though.

Latifi occasionally beats Russell in the races but usually George is ahead. Their qualifying is the odd one where I think it's 8-6 to Russell which isn't resembling real life at all. Russell has Williams' only point though. This is the only teammate dynamic other than Merc that seems closeish so I think George is a tad underrated. 🙄

Schumacher spends every race nearly lapping Maz. I really thought he was going to do it at Belgium but he was only approaching the bus stop when Maz finished. Singapore is a possibility it'll happen as the race is so long.

I have Shwartzman as my teammate in season one as he's the best of a bad bunch of F2 stats and he's done... okay. I've only level 1 for Personnel so it's +5 on everything but the car is a shambles so he's not doing that well. He did get one point at a wet-dry-wet race where front-runners pitted every lap for soft tyres though so he's got that under his belt. 

So something is definitely affecting the stats somewhere and not just a particular 'second' seat.  I get the top drivers have a ceiling they're hitting so you'd think they'd be similar but it's not happening too often for me outside Merc. 

I'd agree they should just bin off the permanent changes for the AI and maybe just have a baseline performance they have and then occasional good and bad races throughout the season where they fluctuate from that baseline. 

A lot of this is again down to the facilities though. Merc and Red Bull are both getting +10 so their drivers are hitting stat cap. With teams like AlphaTauri, Alpine, Aston and the back three teams they're only getting +5 so the drivers are still getting the same stat differences between teammates. I think McLaren get tier 2 personnel usually mid season 1 which is why you're seeing Ricciardo closer to Norris. With Ferrari that's more down to them giving Sainz a ridiculously low pace stat. (Beats Norris 2 years straight and has 6 pace less?).

Fluctuating stats, like you say, that go up and down between races is indeed a much better system than permanent boosts. When they introduced the Focus stat, I and I think many of us thought that was what would happen.

Stats should only be influenced by team events and activities and the Focus stat.

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, Liaveil said:

A lot of this is again down to the facilities though. Merc and Red Bull are both getting +10 so their drivers are hitting stat cap. With teams like AlphaTauri, Alpine, Aston and the back three teams they're only getting +5 so the drivers are still getting the same stat differences between teammates. I think McLaren get tier 2 personnel usually mid season 1 which is why you're seeing Ricciardo closer to Norris. With Ferrari that's more down to them giving Sainz a ridiculously low pace stat. (Beats Norris 2 years straight and has 6 pace less?).

Fluctuating stats, like you say, that go up and down between races is indeed a much better system than permanent boosts. When they introduced the Focus stat, I and I think many of us thought that was what would happen.

Stats should only be influenced by team events and activities and the Focus stat.

I would say it shouldnt be all stats but Awareness and Pace. For example the event is: Send driver to a PR event right before the weekend or leave him to focus on the weekend? For the first it would gain the team acclaim and possibly money but cost the driver focus which in turn reduces awareness and pace by ~5 and if you dont send him he gains ~5 in both due to being more focused