Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2014 PS3 Tyre switching from quali to race with Merc career

LiuBeiRacerFan

Hi, I have a new issue regarding tyres from quali to race day, its just started happening for 3 races in a row where I quali in Q3 with softs but have to start with hard, and no way to change it.
I've already played with park ferme switching on and off but to no avail.
Strange this has never happened before and not aware of any updates of late unless this is a Merc career only issue?
First time playing as Merc in career. Played many seasons already with no such issue ever having been before.

• Codemasters Staff
@LuiBeiRacerFan the tyres you use in Q2 are the ones you start the race on for the 2014 and 2015 season.

If you play with Parc Ferme off at the start of the race select race strategy and you can change compound there.

Yeah that was odd, just got that feeling and is right its from Q2, didn't know that was a rule in 14 and 15. So its my Parc Ferme option that isn't working :-( May have to turn it off and on again :P Though it does auto switch back to on itself when I fast return to career mode sometimes grrr. Thanks Lozzy for the info

hobbsy777 said:
The Q2 starting tire rule only apply's to the ten Q3 qualifiers.
Thanks for the additional info hobbsy, one other possibility as I do enjoy quali but also charging the field (when I can change to all unused tyres..) Tyre issue is nothing on 2013 but still hard to push the whole race without wearing tyres down to nothing, also the fuel issue sometimes.. And the game puts me in cautious racer too so not sure why I burn through so much when I'm usually so good with corners

Archived