Jump to content Jump to content

I wish custom championships and clubs required you to have the cars bought and repairs cost money.

Lladerat

Because it feels like im playing a 'friendly' football game you know what i mean? Like it doesnt matter, like it's just a training session or something, like its not for real, like somehow someone is lending me all those expensive and fast cars for free and repairs them from his own pocket, which doesnt make any sence. There should be at least an option to be able to race in clubs and CC with your own cars.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

It's actually a really great idea to combine a bit car management with the clubs feature, so you really would have to balance a season between push, risk of retirement, repair costs and so on.
Drivers, who miss the repair cost target, could be punished with time penalties.
It doesn't even need to be your "own" cars, this could work without it.
Maybe optional? So the club owner can switch these features on and off per season.
Would bring some fresh air to the clubs.

But I think you haven't seen the suggestion sub forum were this thread belongs.
@PJTierney Get off the couch and do something!

😃

Yes this is exactly what im talking about. You need to feel attached to your cars, whats the point in bying them, repairing, keeping track on the milage and stats (which btw is also poorly implemented, why can't cars have separate stats on them, like when you buy a used car, the stats from previous 'owner' should be separated from yours because otherwise that whole info screen is completely pointless)  if in all modes except one career and dailies you are using random cars with no restrictions, i wanna drive my own car. It's a bit sad im only one asking about it and it doesnt get any traction, maybe then it would had some chance to appear in the next game or update the current one.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lladerat said:

Yes this is exactly what im talking about. You need to feel attached to your cars, whats the point in bying them, repairing, keeping track on the milage and stats (which btw is also poorly implemented, why can't cars have separate stats on them, like when you buy a used car, the stats from previous 'owner' should be separated from yours because otherwise that whole info screen is completely pointless)  if in all modes except one career and dailies you are using random cars with no restrictions, i wanna drive my own car. It's a bit sad im only one asking about it and it doesnt get any traction, maybe then it would had some chance to appear in the next game or update the current one.

Update the current one, definitely not. The train has left the station several months ago.
I get what you mean and I like it.
But there is a problem with it: There are people, who don't wanna grind out the modifications on the cars, before really being able to use them with maximum potential, so that "upgrades" part of the owned cars have to go or there needs to be a different way to implement them.

The whole stats thing is really one of the not-thought-through things in DR2.0.
Some DR-devs thought "hey, we need stats on the cars" and that was it.
The way they are implemented is absolutely pointless in several ways.
1. only counting My Team career and dailies/weeklies/monthlies...why?
2. only started, ended, podium, totals and milage...why not wins or DNFs?
3. on top of that: they are bugged. Monthlies count every rally within the monthly as +1 started, but you only get +1 ended at the end of the monthly, means: on a lets say 3 rally monthly, you get 3 events started and 1 events ended, it will look like you only finished 1 rally in the stats.
This is the reason I don't play monthlies anymore, it bothers me too much, that my stats get worse on a car every time I did one.
I actually haven't done one in way over a year now.

• 6 months later...

In Multiplayer every car should be directly available. It is very good that it is how it is!

This is already annoying in other games and a reason why I dont pick up these in my clan, if every player has to unlock tons of cars first.

Another super annoying thing is that goddamn end of race countdown timer. Why I cant disable it entirely (at least in a private championship????) @PJTierney please these timers are annoying if you play the game in the clan. You want all drivers to be able to finish the stages to be able to score them properly..