DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fastest way to earn money?

Guys, Im absolutely loving D:R.
but as Im currently a bit tired to repeat all the stages in Championship mode, I'd like to earn my money via either hillclimb events or RX.

where's the highest bonus ? I' ll go for highest event number (highest multiplikator) in RX or hillclimb.

thx

pikes peak is like 100-150k every full run on masters depending on placement. 30 minutes, if you abandon your second run, roughly equals 450k if you place well. From Open to masters I made about 450k and it didn't take to long. 

I can't give numbers for RX but you can still make quite a bit of money from the monster championship thing. 

On Master level, you get 100k from HillClimb, plus % of that 100k for bonuses (for me it's 20k). To win a run on tarmac at Masters you need to score below 9:10 and below 9:20 on mixed. You can abandon the 2nd run, which will effectively yield 100k+ every 10 minutes, including the loading screens. Preferable cars are Quattro or the 405.

This is about 3 times faster than finishing one event in RX championship at Master level.

Hillclimb takes only 10 minutes to earn 150k, Rallycross takes roughly 30 minutes to get around 120-150k I believe, so best way to earn money is Pikes Peak.

You only need to run the first two levels of RX before you open the World RX and can run at the top level. This is the best way if you don't have masters RX or Hillclimb open IMO.

Ok , so Im almost with professional championship and standing before entering Masters level.  it was indeed quite fast to get there, but do I need to finish on Podium in Professional to be able to enter Masters Championship ?

And do I loose money when I abandon the second run ? 

Ok , so Im almost with professional championship and standing before entering Masters level.  it was indeed quite fast to get there, but do I need to finish on Podium in Professional to be able to enter Masters Championship ?

In Pikes Peak they are taking the best time from your 2 runs, which means if you have 9:10 and a DNF, they'll be using 9:10. That's the whole beauty of Pikes Peak, you can abandon the 2nd run, which means effectively 10 minutes to get 100k+. The only thing is to keep it careful and make sure you score time that allows you to beat the AI. No need to go for WR runs when farming IGC.

In Pikes Peak they are taking the best time from your 2 runs, which means if you have 9:10 and a DNF, they'll be using 9:10. That's the whole beauty of Pikes Peak, you can abandon the 2nd run, which means effectively 10 minutes to get 100k+. The only thing is to keep it careful and make sure you score time that allows you to beat the AI. No need to go for WR runs when farming IGC.
For some reason it's actually better to abandon the first run, since abandoning the second run will kill your no-restart-bonus.

Dique said:

For some reason it's actually better to abandon the first run, since abandoning the second run will kill your no-restart-bonus.
Well, that's a nice bit of info there. Didn't notice that.

Dique said:

Well, that's a nice bit of info there. Didn't notice that.
Also, doing just the second run guarantees you the best time since theres no more chances for AI to improve it ;)
So, if you are on "green" you will get 1st sure.

OzoreXS said:
Also, doing just the second run guarantees you the best time since theres no more chances for AI to improve it ;)
So, if you are on "green" you will get 1st sure.
Going below 9:10 will guarantee you win anyway ;)

You think you have done big money?

heh, hire the four engineers (top ones). Every contract renewal costs around 160k IGC

Buy a couple of cars...get some perks to upgrade them faster, and poor like a rat again. LOL

OzoreXS said:

heh, hire the four engineers (top ones). Every contract renewal costs around 160k IGC

Buy a couple of cars...get some perks to upgrade them faster, and poor like a rat again. LOL
I have the top of the list and they cost only 42k...

OzoreXS said:

I have the top of the list and they cost only 42k...
4x4=16

so after 4 days of D:R absence , I came back to DR yesterday and managed to enter the Master Championship in Hillclimb discipline.

Question: As many others here use the Masters Championship to finance the expensive cars, can I stay in Masters Championship as long as I want (repeat master Championship)  or is the whole Hillclimb Championship over when finishing Masters level ?

Dont wanna go back to level 1 noob Hillclimb anymore

so after 4 days of D:R absence , I came back to DR yesterday and managed to enter the Master Championship in Hillclimb discipline.

Question: As many others here use the Masters Championship to finance the expensive cars, can I stay in Masters Championship as long as I want (repeat master Championship)  or is the whole Hillclimb Championship over when finishing Masters level ?

If you win the Masters championships you are defending the title in masters difficulty next try.

Only if you finish aobve 3rd, you get degraded to elite

OzoreXS said:
If you win the Masters championships you are defending the title in masters difficulty next try.

thanks alot  !

OzoreXS said:

Didn't yo mean "below 3rd"?

Didzis said:
OzoreXS said:

Im pretty sure Senor Ozore meant below 3rd, otherwise his argumentation wouldnt make sense.

finish 4th and you get degraded ...

Didzis said:
OzoreXS said:

Im pretty sure Senor Ozore meant below 3rd, otherwise his argumentation wouldnt make sense.

finish 4th and you get degraded ...
I read it as only defending the title next time if you finish above 3rd, so probably should have been finished 3rd or above :)