Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport - How to delete saves / profiles correctly?

Sorry for the repost but this should be a question. How do I delete my save games? Before I realised I could reset my progress via the menu, I created multiple saves. I see no option in-game to delete them and deleting the profile files from the userdata folder only does half the job. I get a missing or corrupted save game message in-game otherwise. Knowing also helps me isolate which files to backup to my external HDD. Cheers!

Would it not be a good idea to use the forums so that if I have the same problem, I could find it here?

I have the same problem. I want to delete my savegame and start over.

if you have deleted files in the userdata and my docs folders and its still in game, that would suggest to me that either steam is holding files in it's directories or there is a registry key, ill look tonight when i finish work and post a solution for you guys...

virdog said:
Sorry for the repost but this should be a question. How do I delete my save games? Before I realised I could reset my progress via the menu, I created multiple saves. I see no option in-game to delete them and deleting the profile files from the userdata folder only does half the job. I get a missing or corrupted save game message in-game otherwise. Knowing also helps me isolate which files to backup to my external HDD. Cheers!
Go to the driver status and there will be an option to Create, Edit or Delete driver.

virdog said:
Go to the driver status and there will be an option to Create, Edit or Delete driver.
Yeah, I've seen that.  No delete, just reset.  Thanks though!

No reply yet from CM support on the matter.

Ok after investigating various registry key's, I can confirm that your save isn't tied to any registry key. The correct procedure is as follows;

First disable Cloud sync in steam, find you game in the steam games list, then right click and select properties. Under the 'Updates' tab untick 'Enable cloud synchronization'.

Once you have done this open up a windows explorer and navigate to your steam install directory, then 'userdata/255220/', in this folder you will see your listed game saves. You can then safely delete these, which will erase your career from your computer.

Then start the game again and complete the first career race, then make sure the game has saved and shutdown the game. Then procede into steam and re-enable the 'Cloud Save sync'. Upon launching the game you may be prompted to then choose to overwrite local data or cloud data, please select overwrite 'Cloud data'. Then continue playing your fresh career!

Hope that explains it well enough, if you prefer I could always make a Youtube Video.

All the best,

Bioshocker

hi guys plz help me i have a problem i enter grid autosport and i get save data corupted eror plzz help me fix dis