Sign in to follow this  

Car setup tips for F1 2015

Previously I would use any of the 5 presets for 25% races but now I'm running 100% race distance and can't keep up. I've tried other people's setups but what works for one might not work for another from what I've tested.   Can someone point me in the right direction on how to setup the car.  Thanks. 

P.s I'm not looking for other people's setups, just want to start creating my own. 

tyre wear wise, I would always put the ballast up to 11 for maximum oversteer so that you do not need to go full steering lock into corners. Next things is that, I avoid high downforce setups unless I am racing in Monaco, Hungary, Singapore and somehow... Sepang. Monaco I ran with 9 rear wing and 11 front wing. Hungary I run with 7-9. Singapore I run with 7-9 too. Sepang I run with 4-6 or 5-7 wings. One tip: I actually found out that starting with very fresh tyres, not used in qualifying, is better than being on pole with used tyres because you have extra grip, and in this game, you can launch a kamikaze move into turn 1 and gain a lot of positions. I have a race setup for every track and I always use 65% at both differentials.

What I wrote was based on how I drive because I prefer to have a stable rear car with maximum front grip and oversteer. However, since the differentials are low, the car can run wide if I brake late. So, I just brake a little earlier and then try to get the traction with not full throttle until gear 4 or 5 as it avoids rear tyre wear and fishtailing...

Hey @coolieboy 

What car do you use and what is your main problem? Understeer? Oversteer? Not enough mid corner grip? to much tyrewear? 
Maybe i can help you a little bit ;)

I'm driving for force India, in the 2014 season in Australia, on expert AI.  My problems are: 1- I can't seem to get enough power to use 8th gear.  If I decrease the aero to 1-1 then I eat up my tires because I have to push harder in corners. By lap 9 my tires are finished.  1:30.337(ps4 using controller) is my best after spending an hour playing around with the setups. 

Okay. Well it could be that the 2014 Gear ratio is longer and on some tracks you don't need the 8th gear 

i made a video a few months ago
https://youtu.be/VFyltegppEI

You see that i don't use 8th gear in the 2014 car. Could be the same with the force india

Okay next are the tyres. Which tyretype? Options or Prime? 9 laps on which track? And the main question is which race distance? 25/50/100%? 

But anyways What helps to save your tyres a little bit is  increasing the pressure to 19PSI in the front and rear tyres. 
What also helps to make the car more responsive with low wings is to put the ballast at 11.

So wings 2/1, pressure 19PSI, Ballast 10 or 11

hope that helps ;)

MR61088 said:
Okay. Well it could be that the 2014 Gear ratio is longer and on some tracks you don't need the 8th gear 

You see that i don't use 8th gear in the 2014 car. Could be the same with the force india

Okay next are the tyres. Which tyretype? Options or Prime? 9 laps on which track? And the main question is which race distance? 25/50/100%? 

But anyways What helps to save your tyres a little bit is  increasing the pressure to 19PSI in the front and rear tyres. 
What also helps to make the car more responsive with low wings is to put the ballast at 11.

hope that helps ;)

I do not understand why the tyre pressures up to 19.5 since it is the maximum?

MR61088 said:

hope that helps ;)

I do not understand why the tyre pressures up to 19.5 since it is the maximum
If the camber us set up the way it is. It will cause tire overheating, so the tire pressure has to be high to slow tire wear (we're talking about a 100% race after all)

Hi all.......

'It's All About Sunday F1 2015 Racing League'

I run a competitive F1 2015 league on PS4.  We have lost some drivers due to other commitments, and some due to cheating, so we are currently looking to fill the grid by the next race this Sunday.

We run 50% races with short qually.  
8pm(GMT) every Sunday.
Full traction control and pit assist are banned.  (We have a way of checking your traction setting)
Strict corner cutting on most tracks unless we find there is problems with this setting (Austria for example).
(If you can not race with these settings, please do not join)

Join the page on Facebook and i'll send you a message with some more details....
https://www.facebook.com/groups/311349755863459/

FIRST COME FIRST SERVED WITH MINIMAL SEATS LEFT.  BETTER DO IT QUICK!