Jump to content Jump to content

[PC] 1.13 Patch - No Force Feedback on Logitech G923


BradH63
 Share

Recommended Posts

I tested the work around "solution" using Driverpack Solution but it does not work as it is supposed to. There is no FFb at hight speed and at low speed it is not as good as it should be...The game is playable and it is better than without FFb at all but it is not yet what it is supposed to be...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I installed it, I had the game open, were my settings saved? try this way

install the G HUB and configure, disconnect the wheel and uninstall the GHUB, connect the wheel and use the Driverpack

--------------------------

another thing is that I've always used it at 900 and in the game I use saturation at 70 to make it equal to 360

Edited by kyominion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, kyominion said:

When I installed it, I had the game open, were my settings saved? try this way

install the G HUB and configure, disconnect the wheel and uninstall the GHUB, connect the wheel and use the Driverpack

I guess that this should to be done everytime the PC is restarted...So, I will wait a little longer for a codemasters' solution. Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, kyominion said:

When I installed it, I had the game open, were my settings saved? try this way

install the G HUB and configure, disconnect the wheel and uninstall the GHUB, connect the wheel and use the Driverpack

--------------------------

another thing is that I've always used it at 900 and in the game I use saturation at 70 to make it equal to 360

yeah, im desperate, but not automatically install 3 programs on my pc without permission desperate, so a hard pass, gonna wait for the codies to do their magic, they are working their asses off right now for sure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Berci1511 said:

yeah, im desperate, but not automatically install 3 programs on my pc without permission desperate, so a hard pass, gonna wait for the codies to do their magic, they are working their asses off right now for sure

I have a dedicated PC only for the F1 and I moved it to a separate VLAN which is isolated from the rest of the devices...So, the worst that could happen is to have to loose 2 hours in re-installing and configuring my Windows... 🙂

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, momchilk said:

I have a dedicated PC only for the F1 and I moved it to a separate VLAN which is isolated from the rest of the devices...So, the worst that could happen is to have to loose 2 hours in re-installing and configuring my Windows... 🙂

Man I hope to have that kind of PC and network setup one day that's commitment.

Also I managed to Isolate this issue to just F1 2021 personally I had FFB in F1 2020 and Forza Horizon 5 on my PC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, AutobahnAssasin said:

Man I hope to have that kind of PC and network setup one day that's commitment.

Also I managed to Isolate this issue to just F1 2021 personally I had FFB in F1 2020 and Forza Horizon 5 on my PC.

This actually is not as much as it sounds. There are cheap routers and switches that supports IEEE 802.1q and my PC is about 4 years old (i7 4770 with GTX 1080) which is more than enough to play F1 2021. I do not play any other games as I do not have the time for that and I use a normal not high-end laptop for work and social stuff...And I isolated it from the rest of the network in case I got a virus while testing DriverPack not because there are any other benefits from this...

Edited by momchilk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, GamerDH said:

i still don't see anything done that's a bad joke that you need so long for something like this. bugmasters what's wrong with you do you have a nice time with our money? 

i may be a moron if it comes to coding, but i have a friend, who is a programmer and tested some games for him. eliminating Bugs is not a small feat and can take up top months, depending on the bug.

I too am frustrated, that i cant play the game right now, but at least i understand that a bug is nothing you can just wish away. It is named after hard-to-kill insects for a reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, VanrHaagen said:

i may be a moron if it comes to coding, but i have a friend, who is a programmer and tested some games for him. eliminating Bugs is not a small feat and can take up top months, depending on the bug.

I too am frustrated, that i cant play the game right now, but at least i understand that a bug is nothing you can just wish away. It is named after hard-to-kill insects for a reason.

Yes, of course there can be bugs that are difficult and take time to fix. But a force feedback problem is not one of them, and it's a bug that makes it impossible to play with the steering wheel. so it's just brazen that it hasn't been fixed yet, or anyone says anything about it. I didn't pay full price for this game for nothing, so I hardly ever play it because of all the bugs. F12021 you can't talk good anymore 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GamerDH said:

Yes, of course there can be bugs that are difficult and take time to fix. But a force feedback problem is not one of them, and it's a bug that makes it impossible to play with the steering wheel. so it's just brazen that it hasn't been fixed yet, or anyone says anything about it. I didn't pay full price for this game for nothing, so I hardly ever play it because of all the bugs. F12021 you can't talk good anymore 

Ok, then you know exactly which part(s, 'cause it could be multiple parts) of the updated code is related to the Bug and know the fix, without damaging the other code, or causing another, maybe even worse bug?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, VanrHaagen said:

Ok, then you know exactly which part(s, 'cause it could be multiple parts) of the updated code is related to the Bug and know the fix, without damaging the other code, or causing another, maybe even worse bug?

I don't know how to do this, but I know how quickly you can fix a problem like this if you want to. And on top of that, is that my job? No, I don't think so. Bugmasters is a million dollar company and should be able to fix it quickly. and besides, it's been over 4 months of problems, so at some point it's good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, GamerDH said:

I don't know how to do this, but I know how quickly you can fix a problem like this if you want to. And on top of that, is that my job? No, I don't think so. Bugmasters is a million dollar company and should be able to fix it quickly. and besides, it's been over 4 months of problems, so at some point it's good. 

 

So to get it clear, without knowing how severe this Bug actually is, you are shitting on some people, who are just doing their Job (Recommended Post), because you cant play a Game, you don't even like because it is buggy, right? And on top of that, you are stating, again, without actual knowledge of the severity of the Bug, that it cant be a severe Bug and should be fixable in hours, because what exactly?

The Point is, neither you, not I know what caused this Bug besides from something in the Update, nor do we know how to fix it, or reliably circumvent the Bug yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, VanrHaagen said:

So to get it clear, without knowing how severe this Bug actually is, you are shitting on some people, who are just doing their Job (Recommended Post), because you cant play a Game, you don't even like because it is buggy, right? And on top of that, you are stating, again, without actual knowledge of the severity of the Bug, that it cant be a severe Bug and should be fixable in hours, because what exactly?

The Point is, neither you, not I know what caused this Bug besides from something in the Update, nor do we know how to fix it, or reliably circumvent the Bug yet.

I actually love the F1 game series but F12021 came out completely unfinished I tried everything right at the beginning to get the money back but neither Steam nor Bugmasters would give me the money back. And you can't see within 2 hours if the game is bad or not. I paid full price for it and got this steering wheel especially for F1, so it's clear that I want to play it. And it can't be that it's ONLY the steering wheel that has problems. so Bugmasters must have really ****** up with the last patch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, VanrHaagen said:

 

So to get it clear, without knowing how severe this Bug actually is, you are shitting on some people, who are just doing their Job (Recommended Post), because you cant play a Game, you don't even like because it is buggy, right? And on top of that, you are stating, again, without actual knowledge of the severity of the Bug, that it cant be a severe Bug and should be fixable in hours, because what exactly?

The Point is, neither you, not I know what caused this Bug besides from something in the Update, nor do we know how to fix it, or reliably circumvent the Bug yet.

While nobody is here to harass the staff, you need to understand a point very clearly.

Once you pay for a product, you expect it to be IN WORKING ORDER.

There are no excuses for this kind of stuff, as there are no excuses for harassing people.

But, at the end of the day, you have to understand that the feelings of anger, from the people that bought the product, while sometimes extreme, come from a justified feeling of being ripped off by a developer/publisher (and an industry, considering that this kind of BS keeps going on for everyone).

No matter what, when you pay for a product, you expect it to be working, period.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GamerDH said:

I actually love the F1 game series but F12021 came out completely unfinished I tried everything right at the beginning to get the money back but neither Steam nor Bugmasters would give me the money back. And you can't see within 2 hours if the game is bad or not. I paid full price for it and got this steering wheel especially for F1, so it's clear that I want to play it. And it can't be that it's ONLY the steering wheel that has problems. so Bugmasters must have really ****** up with the last patch.

I can see an interesting parallel here and find it quite funny.

go and watch this my friend:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, VanrHaagen said:

I can see an interesting parallel here and find it quite funny.

go and watch this my friend

I am simply not a person who puts up with everything. And if you don't do anything about it, it won't change. It's now standard for games to come out completely unfinished and at full price, and that's just sad. And the fact that it is apparently legal to cheat people is also questionable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GamerDH said:

I am simply not a person who puts up with everything. And if you don't do anything about it, it won't change. It's now standard for games to come out completely unfinished and at full price, and that's just sad. And the fact that it is apparently legal to cheat people is also questionable. 

But you also have to consider the Time the developers have to put up a game, that beats the predecessor. F1 2020 came out July 10. 2020 and F1 2021 came out July 16. 2021. Thats 1 Year to put a game together that holds up to the expectations of fans. 371 Days to complete a Game that should beat its predecessor in every point.

So... i think you cant put full blame on the developers alone. We as fans deserve our fair share of the blame for expecting them to just... be able to do it.

I dont want to defeat you point, im just saying, that its not all Codemasters/Bethesta/whoever else you think of

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, VanrHaagen said:

But you also have to consider the Time the developers have to put up a game, that beats the predecessor. F1 2020 came out July 10. 2020 and F1 2021 came out July 16. 2021. Thats 1 Year to put a game together that holds up to the expectations of fans. 371 Days to complete a Game that should beat its predecessor in every point.

So... i think you cant put full blame on the developers alone. We as fans deserve our fair share of the blame for expecting them to just... be able to do it.

I dont want to defeat you point, im just saying, that its not all Codemasters/Bethesta/whoever else you think of

Yes, then the developers should all be honest and say directly that the game will not be completely finished and not charge full price - that would be fairest for everyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GamerDH said:

Yes, then the developers should all be honest and say directly that the game will not be completely finished and not charge full price - that would be fairest for everyone.

Just to be clear, I fully agree with you, but I want to make a correction in your statement.

Developers do their jobs to create.

QC/QA tests the created stuff.

They can either report a bug on the issue or not.

If a bug is reported, closers, in discussion with stakeholders, can choose to WAIVE and postpone the fix.

In the end, what I want to say is you don't need to **** on developers, as they don't have much fault. It's 99% stakeholders or lack of QC/QA testing, but I'm calling it a BS stakeholder waiver.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GamerDH said:

Yes, then the developers should all be honest and say directly that the game will not be completely finished and not charge full price - that would be fairest for everyone.

remember the time where developers would openly recruit random people to do ACTUAL play testing? that would be called the BETA phase.
nowadays developers dont spend any more on this, they made this really smart move where they make the people think they get ''early access'' to their game by pre-purchasing an unfinished product.

WE are the play testers. we PAY the developers to test their unfinished product. now a few years ago this was fine becuase developers would invest alot of time and money in that early phase to deal with problems occurring, but developers realised (especially EA) that this early phase, they have allready gotten all the money, they dont have to put in ANY effort to please the people purchasing their product because they allready bought it. all they have to do is pay certain ''reviewers'' to be positive about the game ''despite its few bugs'' and sell more of their ****** unfinished product.

this is what EA is doing to companies, and this is the new motto. so codemasters is RIP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...