Jump to content Jump to content

[PC] 1.13 Patch - No Force Feedback on Logitech G923

BradH63

On 12/10/2021 at 11:39 AM, BarryBL said:

What concerns me here @Budellolello is that your FFB didnt work in 1.13, 1.13 beta and 1.14. Have you raised a ticket with Logitech support? Did it work in 1.12. What other games do you play where it works?

So, in total here, 6 hours. May be worth also reporting this and logging a ticket with Logitech too.

@BarryBLnews ? 

On 12/9/2021 at 5:03 PM, Budellolello said:

Yes I have the lastest firmware of g hub 

No i don't have any custom controls 

I set 150 of force feedback in game and the rest is 5 

Did you maybe consider that the 150 might've killed your wheel's motor?

Is your feedback working in other games currently?

12 hours ago, Duckbit said:

It's not that he did that, the game is just broken. I'm in the same situation but my wheel works on every game other than this.

I understand your concerns, but your cases seem oddly specific. After all the crapfest with 1.13, I personally played and tested the beta branch for 1.14, and it was working flawlessly, alongside the new patch for me. You should diagnose it further to see what's the issue

On 12/10/2021 at 11:39 AM, BarryBL said:

What concerns me here @Budellolello is that your FFB didnt work in 1.13, 1.13 beta and 1.14. Have you raised a ticket with Logitech support? Did it work in 1.12. What other games do you play where it works?

So, in total here, 6 hours. May be worth also reporting this and logging a ticket with Logitech too.

@BarryBLhello I have not received any answers from logitec I have opened another ticket. do you have any news?

3 hours ago, Mystery45 said:

I understand your concerns, but your cases seem oddly specific. After all the crapfest with 1.13, I personally played and tested the beta branch for 1.14, and it was working flawlessly, alongside the new patch for me. You should diagnose it further to see what's the issue

I have done everything imaginable, I play a multitude of games, and I'm experiencing 0 issues elsewhere. Logitech have confirmed that my wheel is not the issue. I have the newest firmware and followed all of code masters proposed 'fixes' unfortunately, this is just yet another case of EA destroying everything they touch. Chasing micro transactions and money over quality gameplay or even basic standard working titles.

• Administrator

Some extra troubleshooting via Logitech here:

1. Try connecting the wheel to different system
2. Please update the firmware using G HUB
4. Peddle troubleshooting
https://support.logi.com/hc/articles/360023181314
If issue persist. We suggest to connect the wheel in a Windows PC to further isolate the issue:

• Power cycle the wheel
1. Disconnect the wheel from the PC/game console and power outlet.
2. Disconnect the pedals, power adapter and shifter from the wheel.
3. Wait for 10-15 seconds.
4. Reconnect the pedals, power adapter and shifter to the wheel.
5. Connect the wheel to a know working USB port and AC outlet.

• Calibrate the wheel using Windows Game Controller Settings.
1. Ensure that you have installed the latest version of G-Hub for the wheel.
2. Connect the wheel directly to a USB 2.0 port of the computer. Bypass any use of KVM switches, USB hubs, port replicators and docking stations.
3. Press Windows + R key to open the run command box.
4. Type joy.cpl to open the Windows Game Controller Settings.
5. Select the entry for the gaming wheel.
6. Press CTRL + SHIFT while clicking Properties.
7. Go to Settings tab and click Calibrate.
8. Follow the calibration instructions then test the wheel afterwards.
9. Test in different Game

As @Mystery45 has mentioned, your cases here are extremely isolated. If the fix provided in 1.14 would not have been successful, we'd still have lots of people on this thread telling me so. This is leaning me to diagnose there is a issue somewhere in the set-up and, with PC gaming, there is a infinite amount of setups available and each players is different. 

• Administrator

Can also try:

1. Uninstall G HUB
2. Make sure none of the G HUB components are running in the Task Manager
3. Go to C:\Program Files\ and delete LGHUB folder
4. Go to C:\ProgramData\ and delete LGHUB folder
5. Go to C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\ and delete LGHUB folder
6. Go to C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\ and delete LGHUB folder
7. Press Windows Key, then type regedit, Click Registry Editor
8. Delete the registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{521c89be-637f-4274-a840-baaf7460c2b2}
9. Reboot the PC
10. Re-install G HUB: ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/gaming/lghub_installer.exe  

46 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Some extra troubleshooting via Logitech here:

1. Try connecting the wheel to different system
2. Please update the firmware using G HUB
4. Peddle troubleshooting
https://support.logi.com/hc/articles/360023181314
If issue persist. We suggest to connect the wheel in a Windows PC to further isolate the issue:

• Power cycle the wheel
1. Disconnect the wheel from the PC/game console and power outlet.
2. Disconnect the pedals, power adapter and shifter from the wheel.
3. Wait for 10-15 seconds.
4. Reconnect the pedals, power adapter and shifter to the wheel.
5. Connect the wheel to a know working USB port and AC outlet.

• Calibrate the wheel using Windows Game Controller Settings.
1. Ensure that you have installed the latest version of G-Hub for the wheel.
2. Connect the wheel directly to a USB 2.0 port of the computer. Bypass any use of KVM switches, USB hubs, port replicators and docking stations.
3. Press Windows + R key to open the run command box.
4. Type joy.cpl to open the Windows Game Controller Settings.
5. Select the entry for the gaming wheel.
6. Press CTRL + SHIFT while clicking Properties.
7. Go to Settings tab and click Calibrate.
8. Follow the calibration instructions then test the wheel afterwards.
9. Test in different Game

As @Mystery45 has mentioned, your cases here are extremely isolated. If the fix provided in 1.14 would not have been successful, we'd still have lots of people on this thread telling me so. This is leaning me to diagnose there is a issue somewhere in the set-up and, with PC gaming, there is a infinite amount of setups available and each players is different. 

I've just finished doing what you wrote to us but nothing has changed.

9 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Can also try:

1. Uninstall G HUB
2. Make sure none of the G HUB components are running in the Task Manager
3. Go to C:\Program Files\ and delete LGHUB folder
4. Go to C:\ProgramData\ and delete LGHUB folder
5. Go to C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\ and delete LGHUB folder
6. Go to C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\ and delete LGHUB folder
7. Press Windows Key, then type regedit, Click Registry Editor
8. Delete the registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{521c89be-637f-4274-a840-baaf7460c2b2}
9. Reboot the PC
10. Re-install G HUB: ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/gaming/lghub_installer.exe  

I've done everything again and still not working. Works with every other game. My 'calibrate' button is greyed out on game controllers though.

43 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

HI @BarryBLI attach the logitech ticket in which it says that the problem is yours and not theirs. I don't know what to do anymore. Excuse me Barry but have you compared patch 1.12 with 1.14? Because maybe some code has not been reported in the new version. Or something conflicts with the steering wheel

Screenshot_20211215_105343_com.microsoft.office.outlook.jpg

Screenshot_20211215_105336_com.microsoft.office.outlook.jpg

Screenshot_20211215_105332_com.microsoft.office.outlook.jpg

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Budellolello said:

I do it

Will get back to you, I've translated the message and need clarification from Logitech and the team on compatibility. From the logitech website, the core wheel is not actually compatible. You may have to create a new custom control scheme and use mapping to get it to work.

2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Will get back to you, I've translated the message and need clarification from Logitech and the team on compatibility. From the logitech website, the core wheel is not actually compatible. You may have to create a new custom control scheme and use mapping to get it to work.

@BarryBLOk perfect. How to do it? What settings should I enter? Do I need to use other software?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Budellolello said:

@BarryBLOk perfect. How to do it? What settings should I enter? Do I need to use other software?

No, you need to use the in-game settings in Game Options > Controls > Start a new custom control scheme. I'll confirm with Logitech what their stance is, but there may be someone in this thread with a good custom control scheme. Again, I have a Thrustmaster so don't have one to recommend for your wheel.

39 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

No, you need to use the in-game settings in Game Options > Controls > Start a new custom control scheme. I'll confirm with Logitech what their stance is, but there may be someone in this thread with a good custom control scheme. Again, I have a Thrustmaster so don't have one to recommend for your wheel.

@BarryBLBarry I try different settings but the solution is not this. The solution lies in understanding what is different from version 1.12 of Thu from 1.13 and 1.14. What game files have you changed? It also amazes me that logitech sponsors this steering wheel with famous drivers and then it is not compatible with the 2021 f1 game.

On 12/15/2021 at 11:22 AM, BarryBL said:

@BarryBLHi Barry I spent 3 hours trying all the possible steering wheel settings but nothing. Do you have any other attempt

@BarryBL Hello Barry. So i tried every possible way and every solution from this also from other sites. 

I don't know what the Codemasters changed, but the wheel feedback fixed around 80%.

So we have wheel feedback on curbs, but the straightening of wheel is not working.!!!

As i said i tried every possible option (even i reinstall the windows.!) but there is no straightening.

I have request: Just can you release again this beta version with the code to be able to play it till everything is fix.

Thank you and have good day.

Edited by Privelsky

15 hours ago, Privelsky said:

@BarryBL Hello Barry. So i tried every possible way and every solution from this also from other sites. 

I don't know what the Codemasters changed, but the wheel feedback fixed around 80%.

So we have wheel feedback on curbs, but the straightening of wheel is not working.!!!

As i said i tried every possible option (even i reinstall the windows.!) but there is no straightening.

I have request: Just can you release again this beta version with the code to be able to play it till everything is fix.

Thank you and have good day.

try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgbNLxZJgHk

@Budellolello Buddy, i already try this video before, but still i tried it again so as i said before there is no result in game.

The is no problem with other games. Only with F1 2021 have a problem that the straightening  (wheel central position returning force) do not work in game.!

I don't know what are you using but as i said please someone with Logitech G923 to say something if has a solution or please to @BarryBL to release the some beta version of this game like they did from Codemasters. 

Thank you.

On 11/29/2021 at 10:51 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

We’re aware that some of our PC players have experienced a loss of FFB while using their Logitech G923 wheels after the recent patch, and some have witnessed crashes whilst playing. We’ve been investigating these issues and have fixes via a Steam beta branch.

Branch password: PublicBeta13

Branch name: v1.13.1 

1. Go to the Steam Library and Right Click on F1 2021
  2. Select Properties
  3. Select the BETAS tab
  4. Enter the Branch password into the box
  5. Press the CHECK CODE button
  6. Select Branch name from the drop down box
  7. Close the properties window
  8. The game will now show a pending update
  9. Once the game has updated click “PLAY” to launch the game
  10. You’ll see 1.13.1.825617 on the Press Any Button screen

To return to the retail version

1. Go to the Steam Library and Right Click on F1 2021
  2. Select Properties
  3. Select the BETAS tab
  4. Change the dropdown to none
  5. Close the properties window
  6. The game will now show a pending update
  7. Once the game has updated click “PLAY” to launch the game

Once installed, your save games will be compatible between the main branch and the beta, and you will also be able to play modes like multiplayer with players who don't have the beta branch installed. If, whilst playing, you experience any issues relating to the above, please submit a bug report clearly stating that you are using this version, alongside any available crash dumps.

I tried this and it says "Beta access code invalid" any solution to this? am i doing something wrong?

Screenshot 2021-12-19 155918.png

Same problem here, curb rumble works, on track effects works but the stifness and wheel central position returning force dont work. Just have a lifeless wheel that when i hit a curb snapes the wheel but nothing else. Every other game works, i already did everything that it was mention to be a problem solver but nothing( drivers, updates,unstial, delete forlders, instal again, unistal de game, use legacy programas etc.  But one note to mention, when i use the legacy Logitech gaming software i get the stiffness of thee wheel in the game  but FBB is nowhere to be found. BTW my wheel is a g29

Edited by Pyoox

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

UEFI 4602 but you could probably still just use 3103 (AGESA changes and Resize BAR not applicable to your Zen+ and GPU offering)

AMD Chipset drivers (ASUS recommend uninstall old 2.x driver first).

Need to see that dxdiag to recommend more.

So i update my bios. I attached the dxdiag file, its now 4602, also i turn on the Resize BAR, but still not working. 😞

DxDiag1.txt

• Thanks 1

Here is my file, i only have lghub. 

board: ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming

One thing i noticed is that sometimes in the main menu i get some kind of weight on the wheel and is very suttle but as soon i get in a race or time trial or whatever kind of race it is, it vanishes. Chipset drivers are up to date so is BIOS

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Pyoox

On 12/22/2021 at 2:35 AM, steviejay69 said:

Can you do a clean boot as there are WER crashes with mining programs? Can you run a scan with a tool like Malwarebytes and get a clean result?

Also, do you have LGS installed as well as GHub or just GHub?

I need to verify if you have installed the chipset driver so I will check against another dxdiag.

Resize BAR will not work on your CPU/GPU as I stated.

Hello Steviejay69,

First thanks for your effort to trying to helps us. 🙂

So i scan with malwarebytes and there was around 50 problems. after that i made new dxdiag file.

Also i dont have LGS, only with Ghub.

DxDiag2.txt

• Thanks 1

@Codemasters now the excitement of the best F1 season ever is over I went back to the game (about 6 months since this issue first started) and IT IS STILL BROKEN!!!! (It did come back once, when I spent an hour tweaking things and turning things on and off post an update, but now Steam updated and I’m back to square one). So, given I bought the G923 expressly for this game, and purchased it because of its rock solid reliability, will you be refunding me the cost of the wheel and pedals so I can get one that works with your game? When can we expect a fix please? (I tried the beta branch thing but the codes were not valid) I’m happy to take this further up the chain of command if you’re not :).

Edited by seanitallbefore

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...