Jump to content Jump to content

[PC] 1.13 Patch - No Force Feedback on Logitech G923

BradH63

@loafabreadly I was following these steps correctly. Once I changed regedit, I launched F1 2021 (with ghub uninstalled) and at the main menu it never told me theres no preset control scheme. I never got that pop-up. I guess it just defaulted to my keyboard as the controller. And you cant delete the keyboard as a device ingame. Can you help? Thanks

33 minutes ago, Scriptures said:

@loafabreadly I was following these steps correctly. Once I changed regedit, I launched F1 2021 (with ghub uninstalled) and at the main menu it never told me theres no preset control scheme. I never got that pop-up. I guess it just defaulted to my keyboard as the controller. And you cant delete the keyboard as a device ingame. Can you help? Thanks

I did the method exactly how he says but rebooted after changing the RedEdit name to G920, I didn’t get that pop up either and it is working for me currently. I enabled the new control scheme and then back once I had connected the wheel maybe try that.. Make sure you had unplugged and re plug-in wheel when it says and always untick and reapply “apply settings from game” once in F1 2021. It is a good temporary fix, much appreciated. It’s more than what codemasters have offered at this stage 🤷‍♂️

Edited by PEEN1E

I’ve been playing for about half an hour and twice I’ve encountered a new bug where you get stuck on the TV pod camera while in the pits instead of your cockpit cam. This makes it so you cannot access the computer. One time I was able to access the computer so I selected “drive out” and the car drove itself around one lap and back into the pits with me riding as spectator 😂😂 After a third time of me loading in and trying again the game crashed.. Now I have to do the wheel fix again 🤧 How do we have NEW BUGS after an update??? Ohh mannn

Edited by PEEN1E

1 hour ago, PEEN1E said:

I did the method exactly how he says but rebooted after changing the RedEdit name to G920, I didn’t get that pop up either and it is working for me currently. I enabled the new control scheme and then back once I had connected the wheel maybe try that.. Make sure you had unplugged and re plug-in wheel when it says and always untick and reapply “apply settings from game” once in F1 2021. It is a good temporary fix, much appreciated. It’s more than what codemasters have offered at this stage 🤷‍♂️

so i tried to help 2 others who have the Xbox version of the g923 and it didnt work for them. i have the ps4/ps5 version and it works idk why

13 minutes ago, Berci1511 said:

so i tried to help 2 others who have the Xbox version of the g923 and it didnt work for them. i have the ps4/ps5 version and it works idk why

@Berci1511 I have the Xbox version of the G923 and I got it to work. Followed all the steps of the video. When I first opened the game, I didn’t get a popup message about a new device though. I went into controls and just quickly disabled and reenabled my custom control sceme for the g923. Also in GHUB the option for “apply settings from game” I actually unticked that option and disabled it. Idk I think people have to play around with it. Had to re-plug wheel usb while in f1 game too

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scriptures said:

@Mystery45 Disable steam overlay. Also a few things to try....

- Make sure graphics driver is up to date

- Try dx11 instead of dx12. Maybe see if your microsoft C++ visual needs to be updated.

- You can try to disable your anti-virus or add f1 game to anti-virus/firewall

- Also, play around with your in-game video settings. Limit your FPS, lower your ingame graphic settings.

Upload a DXDiag log and your hardware settings in a new forum thread and someone can see exactly why your game is crashing.

I hope any of this helps!

Thanks for your thoughts and info, but this ain't my first rodeo, I can fix my stuff.

The problem is that I'm really fed up to debug and fix **** that they can't.

Also, I'm using the Steam Overlay, as with other overlays, and I'm not gonna disable it.

I'm tired of the old excuse "disable overlays yadda yadda" - no, fix your fkin game, I don't have to change my stuff so your thing can work.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Dashea said:

I'd love to see an update from @BarryBLabout their progress, I mean, all we get is an "We have recreated the problem", it's been a week now

In the next pacth maby they are so slow... all the other big companies that have problems fix in with in a day or two not a "week" when it effects almost 30% of the players.    

2 minutes ago, zwas said:

In the next pacth maby they are so slow... all the other big companies that have problems fix in with in a day or two not a "week" when it effects almost 30% of the players.    

welcome to Bugmasters. Where the game does not work from the beginning and there are more and more problems.

30 minutes ago, GamerDH said:

@BarryBL Is something coming today or do you still not care that we can't play F1 2021 for 1 week? I can't believe we spend 300-400 euros on a steering wheel and we can't use it because you losers ****** something up again.

The amount of other threads that Barry has been replying to suggests he is now ignoring this issue. Absolutely abysmal

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, GRBC1998 said:

The amount of other threads that Barry has been replying to suggests he is now ignoring this issue. Absolutely abysmal

yes, it's just ridiculous how Bugmasters treats their players. I wanted to take a look at F1 again after a long time. But without force feedback it's impossible to play the game. I might as well play beyblade 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Psychofedex said:

More like:

At this point I don't think we are gonna see @BarryBL for this soon.

Not the case.

Still of highest priority, and we are working on a fix for this. Just don't have a ETA from the devs at this time.

Please note that I don't work over the weekend; just one to keep in mind as some responses to me over this weekend did escalate.

3 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Not the case.

Still of highest priority, and we are working on a fix for this. Just don't have a ETA from the devs at this time.

Please note that I don't work over the weekend; just one to keep in mind as some responses to me over this weekend did escalate.

So effectively it could still take a month? 

3 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Not the case.

Just give us a fkin option to rollback that BS update, so that we can actually play.

I didn't pay 400$ for a wheel and 70$ for the game to sit and wait for an issue you, as a company, created.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Not the case.

That's a complete cop out. Don't have an ETA? Push for one. GET ONE. 

Codemasters are taking the **** by this point. Somebody found a (impractical) work around. What's taking your team so long? 

7 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Not the case.

Yes ok, maybe it was a bit too much what we said against you. But it can't be that the game has only problems since release and it's getting more and more and it can't be that you need so long for such a problem where players can't play the game - that's not possible. You buy a game to be able to play it whenever you have time and want to, but you can't play it with the steering wheel for 1 week and that's just pathetic of the developers. You can't justify something like that, it's really brazen.

5 minutes ago, GRBC1998 said:

That's a complete cop out. Don't have an ETA? Push for one. GET ONE. 

Codemasters are taking the **** by this point. Somebody found a (impractical) work around. What's taking your team so long? 

Maybe they don't want to patch it at all but introduce it for F1 2022 as a new feature that you have force feedback again.