Jump to content Jump to content

[PC] 1.13 Patch - No Force Feedback on Logitech G923

BradH63

7 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

UPDATE: Fix is progressing well with the testing team and all is going well. We are a little way off the fix being confirmed right now, but not far off; more testing to be ran on this. I'm hoping to have more of a concrete update for you early next week, providing all continues to progress as expected (this isn't 100% though, things can change with fixes and issues)

This is joke... Cant you just give us option to put back old version ? Or give us this ,, beta testing, experimental " version of the game. That we put code in steam/F1/Beta Versions...

Like 2 weeks without nothing is funny. 

• Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

UPDATE: Fix is progressing well with the testing team and all is going well. We are a little way off the fix being confirmed right now, but not far off; more testing to be ran on this. I'm hoping to have more of a concrete update for you early next week, providing all continues to progress as expected (this isn't 100% though, things can change with fixes and issues)

Slow button on, slow button on.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Light at the end of the tunnel, thanks for stickhandling this @BarryBL and if you chat with any of the devs thank them for me.

• Like 3

@BarryBLWhen the hotfix is ready, could you guys just release it and not wait for example a few days? Just get it out there as soon as it's ready.

And if you're planning on locking this topic, can't you just mute those that ruin a conversation?

I really hope it's not gonna take until early next week though. The work around hotfix presented here works, but I'm not going to do that everytime I wanna race

• Agree 1

On 11/19/2021 at 4:35 PM, GamerDH said:

I would like to have my money back, but unfortunately I can't. 
the game should have been called bugsimulator 21 

I completely agree with you. I would also like to point out the information that the game has a lot of bugs. 

• Disagree 1

two patches ago, i wasn't able to play the game with g923 due to FFB completely destroying my FPS, producing an unplayable tearing. With this patch i can play without FFB and stable and good FPS, but obviously can't drive without the FFB. I wish i could enjoy a game i paid 60 euros months ago, if this patch don't solve anything, for sure i will ask for a compensation, this is ridiculous.

‎Because the first issue was reported on November 15, and now 20 days later, a fix is in sight next week.‎ (hope fully and sucsessfully)
‎I can not help but conclude that there is "no or little" professional support here and we are faced with buying a FANATIC wheel to avoid subsequent bugs.‎
This is also visible in all the circuits publicity for "FANATEC" 

16 minutes ago, Vanjataek said:

Im confused about this entire thread. Was going to get a wheel and pedal for the first time ever. Should I still go for the g923? It seems like so many are having a horrible time with the wheel, but reviewers praise it..

The wheel itself is good but unfortunately, codies messed up and released a patch that screwed up the ffb on this wheel on f1 2021. its a bug in the game not a problem with the wheel

Just now, G2AZUTO said:

The wheel itself is good but unfortunately, codies messed up and released a patch that screwed up the ffb on this wheel on f1 2021. its a bug in the game not a problem with the wheel

Ah ok, that sucks for guys who have that wheel. Hoping that it gets fixed for all of you who enjoys the game. Thanks for clearing it up for me 🙂

Hey,

unfortunately I've hidden some of the messages here in order to keep the topic of the conversations focused in the fix and it's status/ETA. I think that arguing about processes and Codemasters in general would be better to be done outside of the bug reporting forums

Thank you for your understanding 🙂 

• Disagree 1

before my retirement I was a superuser of the program of a program that managed the logistics, wages and maintenance of a program.

Before a new patch was released, we had been through months of testing to fix all the issues. In case of additional problems, these were solved during a weekend.

sometimes the patch was delayed until satisfactory and not launched. Better a good update than one full of hitches.

5 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @BarryBL

Once you get an update from the team, could you suggest a hotfix to be deployed? Codemasters should be able to deploy a patch like CS does with minor fixes or in this case critical ones.

Is there a ticket system to report issues to Codemasters besides this forum? The lack of formality and professionalism just doesn't match the price of your product (sorry but feels that way)

There should be another way to raise these issue's priority from the customer side, a more direct way to reach the team like many other game devs have (even Milestone Games which is for sure half of Codemasters, have a ticket system for players to report issues directly).

Thanks in advance for the follow-ups

• Agree 1

this is not to say that the game is not playable without FFB but closing the 1.12 bug without task manager is still not possible. And spending 400 € on a handlebar G923 or spending 1000 € on fanatac is a big difference.

this was also reported by me to logitech but to no avail. And during the game it is not interesting without playing ffb. Not even for the opponents who feel disadvantaged because the F1 flies over the race track without feeling or resistance.

2 hours ago, UP100 said:

Hey,

unfortunately I've hidden some of the messages here in order to keep the topic of the conversations focused in the fix and it's status/ETA. I think that arguing about processes and Codemasters in general would be better to be done outside of the bug reporting forums

Thank you for your understanding 🙂 

Hello,

so expressing our feeling about this bug, and discussing how dissatisfied we are with they way codemasters handles it is not allowed here.

Nice. 🙂

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, BarryBL said:

I hope that my G29 steering wheel will continue to work after the patch has been released ... not that the G29 suddenly no longer has FFB.

With G29 wheel all is good, no problems.

25 minutes ago, Sandras007 said:

Hello,

so expressing our feeling about this bug, and discussing how dissatisfied we are with they way codemasters handles it is not allowed here.

Nice. 🙂

I've intentionally tried to avoid removing messages that critizise the delay and management of the problem in question. Sadly I hid your message as it included a part in which you reacted to what another user had said, which I felt would quickly go out of topic. Sadly the comment also happened to include criticism which I would've not removed if it didn't also participate in an on-going "argument"

Apologies

• Like 1

Hey guys at least we have another update AND we have an end in sight. Obviously, it's not the timeline we were hoping for considering this problem emerged about 10 days ago. 

At least we know they have indeed developed a fix for our problems, and it will eventually be sorted in time. Trying to find the bright side in a unfortunate problem which customers have done nothing wrong.

8 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Alright Barry you are now telling us this will be pushing on three weeks. Imagine I sold you a car but the car broke down pretty much every day and you would have to access its computer and fix it. THEN it breaks down for 3 weeks and the car manufacturer just ignores you for days when you want to know what’s happening with your car. To make things worse they will not even give you a hire car when they finally do decide to fix it and actually try to suppress you when you speak publicly about the **** service of the manufacturer. 
Try to put yourself in other people’s shoes sometimes Barry. According to your updates, you seem to think the weekend goes from Wednesday to Monday, it doesn’t Bazza.. The abuse here is completely wrong, but the actions of you and your company are not much better mate. You guys need some serious training in customer service and possibly an overhaul of the development team. My game freezes basically every race I run and I get put back several positions when it unfreezes. This is after devising a crash fix as that’s what it was doing prior. I run a high end PC so it shouldn’t have any issues. What are you doing about these other issues with the game?

This really is not good enough in 2021. Please sort the game out for the loyal customers that literally pay your wages. If that doesn’t happen there will be a lot of hesitancy on next years game for a lot of people.

Edited by PEEN1E
The censor I wrote C..rap which I did not realise was a swear word 😂😂😂
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I think it's hilarious how people originally were complaining about how they must not test things... and then go on to complain when they go on and test things

you just can't win with gamers

you've even got people comparing a game to buying a car... lol, don't get me wrong, what codies has done here is seriously sub par service

but geez some people need to pull their head in

if you went down to the corner store and bought a 5c lolly from them, and it didn't end up being consumable... would you be behaving the same?

Edited by BlakeF1

THIS IS A JOKE! You guys come out w/ an F1 game once a year. A year is only 12 months and from the sounds of it.... "we are a little way off the fix being confirmed"...... you guys are going to STEAL one of those months from customers.  If things were going well there would be a fix for the problem after a couple days, certainly after a week!

I paid full price for the game, and the podium pass. I won't be able to get full value from either due to codemaster's incompetence.  I will NEVER buy another product from this company!

• Agree 2