Jump to content Jump to content

[PC] 1.13 Patch - No Force Feedback on Logitech G923

BradH63

57 minutes ago, CMineptitude said:

UPDATE: Fix is progressing well with the testing team and all is going well. We are a little way off the fix being confirmed right now, but not far off; more testing to be ran on this. I'm hoping to have more of a concrete update for you early next week, providing all continues to progress as expected (this isn't 100% though, things can change with fixes and issues)

THIS IS A JOKE! You guys come out w/ an F1 game once a year. A year is only 12 months and from the sounds of it.... "we are a little way off the fix being confirmed"...... you guys are going to STEAL one of those months from customers.  If things were going well there would be a fix for the problem after a couple days, certainly after a week!

I paid full price for the game, and the podium pass. I won't be able to get full value from either due to codemaster's incompetence.  I will NEVER buy another product from this company!

Well i understand that you are upset by the fact that the Podiumpass isnt doable in time for us all, but please don't insult them for that, they are working on a fix and testing it, not ignoring us.

what would be interesting to know would be if its possible to give people, who got the Podiumpass while this issue existed, the points back or prolong the pass?
The second option would be suboptimal for other players through. Also those who race for leagues should ask them if there is a exemption because of equipment failure?

i mean i was annoyed as hell when the bug was introduced with 1.13, but i mean codemaster does everything they can atm. and sure those fixes take time to make and test.
You can't test every version of setup as developer there is, so someone will most likely encounter a game braking bug once in a while, especially on PC.

Anyway, i want to thank Barry and the Codemastersteam for taking this issue seriously, to work to get it done in time as fast as they can and want to thank you guys for providing such a good game, albeit with some occasional bugs, for me and my friends to enjoy. 

3 minutes ago, Katanax28 said:

Wondering why it takes a week to test if a fix works. It shouldn’t take more than a couple minutes to see if you actually get force feedback in the game now, right?

Not necessarily. A full on testing requires manpower on all platforms, on all game-modes, on all tracks, on all cars, on all weather types, with several different settings to car setups. Small issues can appear very easily, in certain scenarios.

Edited by Mystery45
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Papaschlumpf95 said:

i paid full price for the game and about 400 euros for the steering wheel and i can't use it best investment ever. I want some of my money back because I paid for a full game and I didn't get it 🙂

If you paid €400 for a g923 you got scammed.

you are also very likely not getting your money back, just because you can’t play the game for a month.

it’s not as if you die without being able to play the game so might as well stop complaining as they won’t listen to you anyways.

• Disagree 2

5 minutes ago, Katanax28 said:

If you paid €400 for a g923 you got scammed.

you are also very likely not getting your money back, just because you can’t play the game for a month.

it’s not as if you die without being able to play the game so might as well stop complaining as they won’t listen to you anyways.

I said something like, I don't know exactly any more, and game developers now allow themselves far too much and if no one does anything about it, it will get worse and worse. Only unfinished and bugged games are coming out for full price and that's not fair - that's cheating for me.

• Agree 2

Hi, please don’t delete this comment (yeah yeah I get it, it’s 2021 and you aren’t even allowed to defend yourself against antagonists anymore 🤧) I was just wondering what you guys are doing about the crashes and freezes that countless people are experiencing with the game? Or do I need to start another thread for that 🤷‍♂️😅😂

• Disagree 1

32 minutes ago, PEEN1E said:

Hi, please don’t delete this comment (yeah yeah I get it, it’s 2021 and you aren’t even allowed to defend yourself against antagonists anymore 🤧) I was just wondering what you guys are doing about the crashes and freezes that countless people are experiencing with the game? Or do I need to start another thread for that 🤷‍♂️😅😂

yeah I didn't think you had any idea on how forums work... see the thread title? this is for issues of losing force feedback on the logitech g923

make a new thread if you have something else to raise with codies

you really are a smart cookie aren't you

Edited by BlakeF1
  • Disagree 3

1 hour ago, Katanax28 said:

"it’s not as if you die without being able to play the game so might as well stop complaining as they won’t listen to you anyways."

Okay, fair enough. But what about those people who use this game as an outlet.

You don't know what is going on in somebody else's life. Some people may have incredibly turbulent and unstable lives. Being able to switch on the PC or whatever and just cracking out a few laps in anger is a great way of escaping from the abyss for a bit.

Take it from someone who really has been there, if you find something that helps, then you hold on to it. For some people, it may be the only thing they can hold on to.

To just dismiss that is rather sad frankly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, GRBC1998 said:

Okay, fair enough. But what about those people who use this game as an outlet.

You don't know what is going on in somebody else's life. Some people may have incredibly turbulent and unstable lives. Being able to switch on the PC or whatever and just cracking out a few laps in anger is a great way of escaping from the abyss for a bit.

Take it from someone who really has been there, if you find something that helps, then you hold on to it. For some people, it may be the only thing they can hold on to.

To just dismiss that is rather sad frankly.

If you was there, then you would know, that People who "switch on the PC or whatever and just cracking out a few laps in anger" to being helped, most likely have several other ways as well to relief stress. And this isn't the only damn Racing game on Steam. If you relief stress by racing, then try AC, ACC, IRacing, ect.

And if you only relief stress when Playing F1, then try F1 2020, F1 2019, etc. Btw, by your Logic: How were those People able to relief stress before July? Just because F1 2021 isn't playable for you rn, it doesn't mean you cant play the predecessor or another racing game.

1 hour ago, VanrHaagen said:

If you was there, then you would know, that People who "switch on the PC or whatever and just cracking out a few laps in anger" to being helped, most likely have several other ways as well to relief stress. And this isn't the only damn Racing game on Steam. If you relief stress by racing, then try AC, ACC, IRacing, ect.

And if you only relief stress when Playing F1, then try F1 2020, F1 2019, etc. Btw, by your Logic: How were those People able to relief stress before July? Just because F1 2021 isn't playable for you rn, it doesn't mean you cant play the predecessor or another racing game.

How narrow-minded you are! Your response serves only to completely and entirely demean the concept of mental health struggles. Who on earth do you think you are to decide how people should or shouldn't relieve their stress, etc?

The point of my comment, as I'm sure you will know and are just being obnoxious about, was to highlight that what may not be a big deal for somebody may be a huge deal for somebody else.

• Agree 1

I'm sure I'm gonna get hate for this but here it goes: Just be happy a fix is coming, they could have just have easily made the decision to drop support for that wheel altogether and be done with it.

Also to the people complaining that "they got an untested patch" that are now complaining about them "testing the heck out of a fix". Pick a side please... you can't have your cake and eat it too here, you can't complain about a lack of testing then complain about an over abundance of it in my opinion (as someone who works in the industry once upon a time in QA and currently as a Dev). 

I'm just going to reiterate my thanks for the team getting a fix done and hope that they don't hit any hitches in final testing.

Edit: Go ahead and thumbs down me. I genuinely do not care, you're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine. I realize this is a bigger deal to some than it is to others. Do what you got to do.

Edited by AutobahnAssasin
Making sure Mystery45 feels validated.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

32 minutes ago, AutobahnAssasin said:

I'm sure I'm gonna get hate for this but here it goes: Just be happy a fix is coming, they could have just have easily made the decision to drop support for that wheel altogether and be done with it.

Also to the people complaining that "they got an untested patch" that are now complaining about them "testing the heck out of a fix". Pick a side please... you can't have your cake and eat it too here, you can't complain about a lack of testing then complain about an over abundance of it in my opinion (as someone who works in the industry once upon a time in QA and currently as a Dev). 

I'm just going to reiterate my thanks for the team getting a fix done and hope that they don't hit any hitches in final testing.

You should be happy that they are fixing what they screwed up ? Game came out unfinished and full of bugs from the start and you paid full price. That we are all complaining is more than justified. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Papaschlumpf95 said:

You should be happy that they are fixing what they screwed up ? Game came out unfinished and full of bugs from the start and you paid full price. That we are all complaining is more than justified. 

Never said you shouldn't be ******... again read it again you are entitled to your opinion, I'm choosing to try and be more positive. No one invalidated what you said or your complaints... Hell why don't you go look at page 1, 2 or 3 of this post (i forget where) for my own rant about it. Is getting mad on a support forum gonna help? Nope. I have no control so I'm not going to try and control what I can't.

The standard these days that there are going to be bugs in releases, do I wish that wasn't the case absolutely I do but it frankly is what it is.

Don't worry I paid full price too, I actually bought the Deluxe edition at full price. Am I happy I can't play with my wheel right now? No. Am I going to lose sleep about it also no.

Again because I choose to direct my displeasure differently doesn't mean I'm not displeased, it just means I'm handling it differently than you. No need to attack others in the same boat as you mate.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, GRBC1998 said:

How narrow-minded you are! Your response serves only to completely and entirely demean the concept of mental health struggles. Who on earth do you think you are to decide how people should or shouldn't relieve their stress, etc?

The point of my comment, as I'm sure you will know and are just being obnoxious about, was to highlight that what may not be a big deal for somebody may be a huge deal for somebody else.

Yeah... a narrow-minded, clinically depressed person with anger issues who reliefs stress through gaming...

rather than attacking me, attack my argument, which still stands.

3 minutes ago, AutobahnAssasin said:

Never said you shouldn't be ******... again read it again you are entitled to your opinion, I'm choosing to try and be more positive. No one invalidated what you said or your complaints... Hell why don't you go look at page 1, 2 or 3 of this post (i forget where) for my own rant about it. Is getting mad on a support forum gonna help? Nope. I have no control so I'm not going to try and control what I can't.

The standard these days that there are going to be bugs in releases, do I wish that wasn't the case absolutely I do but it frankly is what it is.

Don't worry I paid full price too, I actually bought the Deluxe edition at full price. Am I happy I can't play with my wheel right now? No. Am I going to lose sleep about it also no.

Again because I choose to direct my displeasure differently doesn't mean I'm not displeased, it just means I'm handling it differently than you. No need to attack others in the same boat as you mate.

Yes sorry it just gets on my nerves. i also have the deluxe edition. The game is over 4 months out and it has more bugs than Mercedes points, that can't be. Also, I've barely played with the game because the AI really sucks too. I downloaded a mod that is supposed to improve the AI in fast corners. But I couldn't test it until now because now there is the bug with the force feedback and that they take so long to fix that is also ridiculous.

• Administrator

Okay, I have to intervene here for the benefit of everyone. 

This thread has gotten to the point where players are attacking each other personally, including their respective mental health. Thread will be locked until I provide the next update early next week. 

I understand the frustration, but please, I implore you, try to respect others opinion, whether you agree with it or not. 

I hope all players can see the long-term benefit for all in locking this thread until any official updates, as previously users attempted to create another thread on the same topic, trying to encourage more arguments and negative behaviour. User last time has since been banned from the forums, and I'm okay with doing so again, as well as anyone who takes part of these sort of activities. 

Please take a read of the Forum Rules: Forum Rules - F1® 2021 Game Forum - Codemasters Community and think of others before posting. Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 9
  • Disagree 11

20 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

We’re aware that some of our PC players have experienced a loss of FFB while using their Logitech G923 wheels after the recent patch, and some have witnessed crashes whilst playing. We’ve been investigating these issues and have fixes via a Steam beta branch.

Branch password: PublicBeta13

Branch name: v1.13.1 

1. Go to the Steam Library and Right Click on F1 2021
  2. Select Properties
  3. Select the BETAS tab
  4. Enter the Branch password into the box
  5. Press the CHECK CODE button
  6. Select Branch name from the drop down box
  7. Close the properties window
  8. The game will now show a pending update
  9. Once the game has updated click “PLAY” to launch the game
  10. You’ll see 1.13.1.825617 on the Press Any Button screen

To return to the retail version

1. Go to the Steam Library and Right Click on F1 2021
  2. Select Properties
  3. Select the BETAS tab
  4. Change the dropdown to none
  5. Close the properties window
  6. The game will now show a pending update
  7. Once the game has updated click “PLAY” to launch the game

Once installed, your save games will be compatible between the main branch and the beta, and you will also be able to play modes like multiplayer with players who don't have the beta branch installed. If, whilst playing, you experience any issues relating to the above, please submit a bug report clearly stating that you are using this version, alongside any available crash dumps.

Great news! Thanks for getting this out

• Agree 1

• BarryBL unpinned this topic