Jump to content Jump to content

[PC] 1.13 Patch - No Force Feedback on Logitech G923

BradH63

37 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

We’re aware that some of our PC players have experienced a loss of FFB while using their Logitech G923 wheels after the recent patch, and some have witnessed crashes whilst playing. We’ve been investigating these issues and have fixes via a Steam beta branch.

Branch password: PublicBeta13

Branch name: v1.13.1 

1. Go to the Steam Library and Right Click on F1 2021
  2. Select Properties
  3. Select the BETAS tab
  4. Enter the Branch password into the box
  5. Press the CHECK CODE button
  6. Select Branch name from the drop down box
  7. Close the properties window
  8. The game will now show a pending update
  9. Once the game has updated click “PLAY” to launch the game
  10. You’ll see 1.13.1.825617 on the Press Any Button screen

To return to the retail version

1. Go to the Steam Library and Right Click on F1 2021
  2. Select Properties
  3. Select the BETAS tab
  4. Change the dropdown to none
  5. Close the properties window
  6. The game will now show a pending update
  7. Once the game has updated click “PLAY” to launch the game

Once installed, your save games will be compatible between the main branch and the beta, and you will also be able to play modes like multiplayer with players who don't have the beta branch installed. If, whilst playing, you experience any issues relating to the above, please submit a bug report clearly stating that you are using this version, alongside any available crash dumps.

thank you but to need 2 weeks is already hard....

• Agree 1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, OneEscape said:

For me its still not working.

Have you completed the update? If, whilst playing, you experience any issues relating to the above, please submit a bug report clearly stating that you are using this version, alongside any available crash dumps.

Please ensure you have installed correctly, and then create a new report in 'Report An Issue' explaining this, thanks.

Just now, BarryBL said:

Have you completed the update? If, whilst playing, you experience any issues relating to the above, please submit a bug report clearly stating that you are using this version, alongside any available crash dumps.

Please ensure you have installed correctly, and then create a new report in 'Report An Issue' explaining this, thanks.

I have added the Beta i have downloaded it, in my Steam library it says F1 2021 [V1.13.1] When i start my game and go into time trial for example there is no forcefeedback. I tested it on my laptop and there it also not works.

• Administrator

If, whilst playing, you experience any issues relating to the above, please submit a bug report clearly stating that you are using this version, alongside any available crash dumps.

We will need this area Report an Issue - Codemasters Community and this template HOW TO POST A BUG REPORT - Support - Codemasters Community

I don't know if it's only me, but after exitting F1 2021 the game is having trouble shutting down completly (and no, it's not visible in task manager to force quit it)

**EDIT**
After shutting down Steam, it became visible in the task manager

image.png.796c2cf8896b37a637ce8dc5ca302508.png

Edited by Dashea

13 minutes ago, Dashea said:

I don't know if it's only me, but after exitting F1 2021 the game is having trouble shutting down completly (and no, it's not visible in task manager to force quit it)

**EDIT**
After shutting down Steam, it became visible in the task manager

I had this problem before the Beta Patch.
When I quit the game, Steam told me it was still running. I had to force quit from the task manager.

24 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi both @FoxDie1791 and @Dashea,

We have a bug internally with that with the developers. How is the FFB performing?

So far it feels good, I had to make a few changes to get a better feeling with the unofficial hotfix, so now it does seem like I need to turn those changes back again, but thusfar no problems and feels as it's suppose to feel

• Like 1

• Administrator
Just now, L1ghtOut said:

Hello @BarryBL, Firstly, thanks for all of your attention and help.

Secondly, the FFB is still not working, even after I joined the beta, downloaded it, played it.

not even without the "APPLY SETTINGS FROM GAME" on. (not working while it is ON/OFF)

Thanks.

Can you confirm its 100% the G923 you have? You are on the latest firmware, maybe uninstall and re-install the drivers for the wheel too. Overwhelming feedback at the moment is that it has been resolved, so maybe there is other issues at play too.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

Can you confirm its 100% the G923 you have? You are on the latest firmware, maybe uninstall and re-install the drivers for the wheel too. Overwhelming feedback at the moment is that it has been resolved, so maybe there is other issues at play too.

Yes, G923, I can try to delete the Logitech Ghub if that is what you say needed. And reinstall. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, L1ghtOut said:

Yes, G923, I can try to delete the Logitech Ghub if that is what you say needed. And reinstall. 

And also delete and re-install drivers for the wheel. The BETA patch will need the latest firmware for the wheel.

Download - G923 TRUEFORCE Sim Racing Wheel for PS5, PS4, and PC – Logitech Support + Download

• Like 1

• BarryBL unpinned this topic