Jump to content Jump to content

[PC] 1.13 Patch - No Force Feedback on Logitech G923

BradH63

hello BarryBl I tried it this morning and now the game detects the brake and accelerator in operation which was not the case before. having said that I uninstalled the game and the wheel drives again and reinstalled everything and the force feedback does not work. honestly i'm tired and i never buy your product again. in fact you owe me € 70 for the game and € 400 for the steering wheel. now what do you suggest me to do?

28 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

@Budellolello try the below (credit to @ItsPrime3301)

Instructions:

1. Disconnect your Wheel from your Computer
2. Uninstall Logitech G HUB from Control Panel
3. Go to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming and delete the G HUB Folder, if no folder is there ignore this step.
4. Go to C:\Program Files and delete the G HUB folder (normally named: LGHUB)
5. Go to your registry editor (Windows+R then type "regedit")
6. Now navigate to: "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM" there are folders in that folder all begins with "VID" 

7. There are different endings of that folders for different wheels so
G923 Xbox: C26E / So if you have the G923 Xbox wheel right-click on the folder ending with "C26E" and press delete
G923 PS: C266 / So if you have the G923 PS wheel right-click on the folder ending with "C266" and press delete
G29: C24F / So if you have the G29 wheel right-click on the folder ending with "C24F" and press delete
G920: C262 / So if you have the G920 wheel right-click on the folder ending with "C262" and press delete

8. Now Restart your PC
9. After the PC is restarted, plug in your wheel via USB.
10. Wait a few seconds until the PC recognized the wheel.
11. Then download the Logitech G HUB Software: https://www.logitechg.com/de-ch/innovation/g-hub.html and install it.
12. Now your wheel should appear, and you can do your settings.
13. Start F1 and everything should work as before, 🙂 No gas or brakes bugs, and you should have FFB and everything else back

hello BarryBl I tried it this morning and now the game detects the brake and accelerator in operation which was not the case before. having said that I uninstalled the game and the wheel drives again and reinstalled everything and the force feedback does not work. honestly i'm tired and i never buy your product again. in fact you owe me € 70 for the game and € 400 for the steering wheel. now what do you suggest me to do?

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Duckbit said:

Still doesn't work and now i cant acces the beta either. How does a £40-£50 AAA title, have these sorts of issues after being out for this long? Embarrassing. 

Can you post a report please, adding the troubleshooting you have done. 1.14 brings forward the changes the beta made, so if it worked there, should work in 1.14

• All game modes, 0 force feedback. Not much else to say.
  • Platform - Steam
  • Game-mode - Grand Prix/Career
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard - ASUS ROG STRIX BF GAMING
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? - Reinstall of game, restart pc and Ghub software.
  • How do you make the problem happen? - Buy a badly made f1 codemasters game that does less and less the more money they take from f1 fans.

DxDiag.txt

• Administrator

Have you tried the troubleshooting post from an hour ago, earlier on this thread. Are you on the latest firmware. Do you have any custom control schemes in-game? What FFB are you running at in your control scheme settings?

On 12/6/2021 at 6:33 PM, Fiirefly42 said:

Anyone else having weird problems with 1.14. I use my clutch as my breaks, since I dont need a clutch and that the spacing is much better for me, however, now the pedal doesnt work. And the forcefeed is terrible. it doesnt feel good, more like the spring setting logitech uses for games that dont have FFB.

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

@Budellolello try the below (credit to @ItsPrime3301)

Instructions:

1. Disconnect your Wheel from your Computer
2. Uninstall Logitech G HUB from Control Panel
3. Go to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming and delete the G HUB Folder, if no folder is there ignore this step.
4. Go to C:\Program Files and delete the G HUB folder (normally named: LGHUB)
5. Go to your registry editor (Windows+R then type "regedit")
6. Now navigate to: "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM" there are folders in that folder all begins with "VID" 

7. There are different endings of that folders for different wheels so
G923 Xbox: C26E / So if you have the G923 Xbox wheel right-click on the folder ending with "C26E" and press delete
G923 PS: C266 / So if you have the G923 PS wheel right-click on the folder ending with "C266" and press delete
G29: C24F / So if you have the G29 wheel right-click on the folder ending with "C24F" and press delete
G920: C262 / So if you have the G920 wheel right-click on the folder ending with "C262" and press delete

8. Now Restart your PC
9. After the PC is restarted, plug in your wheel via USB.
10. Wait a few seconds until the PC recognized the wheel.
11. Then download the Logitech G HUB Software: https://www.logitechg.com/de-ch/innovation/g-hub.html and install it.
12. Now your wheel should appear, and you can do your settings.
13. Start F1 and everything should work as before, 🙂 No gas or brakes bugs, and you should have FFB and everything else back

• A detailed description of the issue.
  • No force feedback on logitech g923 
  • Report Code
  • Where I found this code? 
  •  
  • Platform?
  • Steam 
  • Game-mode?
  • All mode career online and single player
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
  • 1,2,3,4... 20 player 
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
  • Yes
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
  • Everything you wrote to me: install the beta, verify the files, install and uninstall the game more than once, installed the new patch and followed the guide above

58 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Have you tried the troubleshooting post from an hour ago, earlier on this thread. Are you on the latest firmware. Do you have any custom control schemes in-game? What FFB are you running at in your control scheme settings?

Yes I've done all of this twice now. Yes I'm on latest firmware and update for F1. I have FFB at 90 in game. I have to use a custom control scheme because the default makes the clutch the accelerator for some reason, its a really bad default setup for me as i have the 3 pedal g923. EA just loves to destroy everything it touches.

So...first of all I have to tell you one thing. Pretty much 1 year ago I started playing F1 2020 with my friends when the first Lockdown hit Germany. After a few months on Gamepad I switched to the Logitech G923 and started streaming our F1 League which we created with the start of the F1 2021 Season in Bahrain. We had over 100 viewers on Twitch and it was just awesome.

Since F1 2021 Game with the FFB problems, with a wheel which costs around 385€, it is now official that I changed the settings to have FFB more often, than changing setups in this game because you almost f****d up everything. I am sorry to say that. As a casual gamer and content creator it is a NIGHTMARE. 

Before F1 2021 came out the hype was so big, with the BETA we knew that this will be difficult. And now you are managing to destroy the last people playing the game with this wheel with 2 updates????

Sorry, but to follow these intructions was ok for me, because a good friend helped me via discord. But I tell you one thing a casual won't be able to fix it that easy. And this is a NO GO. 

So I needed to delete all of my custom settings and it now feels like **** to say it in the words of Kimi Raikkönen.

You need to change something with your patches asap or you will lose more and more players, like it is happening with other EA games!

Cheers.

• Agree 2

I've now tried every game i have, with a wheel, forza =works. Asetto corsa = works. IRacing = works. Wreckfest = works. Why is this the only game that is trash and not working and requires people who have spent 50 quid+ to jump through 10000 hoops and fix it themselves. I expect this to work or be fixed by the people who get paid to make it work. It should NEVER be on the customer to fix their mistakes and failed coding.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Are you on the latest firmware. Do you have any custom control schemes in-game? What FFB are you running at in your control scheme settings?

Yes I have the lastest firmware of g hub 

No i don't have any custom controls 

I set 150 of force feedback in game and the rest is 5 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Budellolello said:

Yes I have the lastest firmware of g hub 

No i don't have any custom controls 

I set 150 of force feedback in game and the rest is 5 

Problem one is 150 FFB for sure. Could be clipping causing problems as the wheel is being asked to do potentially more than that is capable. It's borderline undersafe to run at max FFB. Running around 60-85 provides the best experience.

3 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Problem one is 150 FFB for sure. Could be clipping causing problems as the wheel is being asked to do potentially more than that is capable. It's borderline undersafe to run at max FFB. Running around 60-85 provides the best experience.

Before the jeddah patch I played with force feedback that worked at 150. After the patch I tried to lower the value of 10 in 10 but it did not work the same

• Administrator

Can you disable the TrueForce feature via GHub at all? Could be the TrueForce playing games with the FFB here. F1 is supported, but TrueForce is not.

Also, 150 in all areas isn't advised due to potential wheel and force clipping. 100 is the absolute recommended maximum if you want the wheel to last.

image.png

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Can you disable the TrueForce feature via GHub at all? Could be the TrueForce playing games with the FFB here. F1 is supported, but TrueForce is not.

Also, 150 in all areas isn't advised due to potential wheel and force clipping. 100 is the absolute recommended maximum if you want the wheel to last.

image.png

OK BarryBl but before the Jedda patch my force feedback worked even with 150 in the game as never after the patch it doesn't work anymore. However now I have set the value in the game to 100 as you told me. the logitec Ghub screen is this. do you want me to try to change some value?

1.png

2.png

3.png

18 hours ago, BarryBL said:

image.png

come on @BarryBL I also give you the dixdiag find the way to make this force feedback work. for the gas and brake bug I solved it by myself with a calibration from windows

DxDiag.txt

• Administrator

Yeah, looks like disabling of TrueForce happens by default. Again, I run a Thrustmaster at home. 

Found this is the support manual however:

Capture.PNG

I'll get this passed on to Logitech support, as there may be a different issue for those affected still there. The FFB at the previous level (150) concerns me, as its not just unrealistic, but slightly unsafe. I've ran 150 as a test on my TMX and was horrible and causing horrible clipping. No setting should really be above 80 to get any actual true feeling. How long have you been playing (in terms of hours) on the 150 FFB previously. 

What concerns me here @Budellolello is that your FFB didnt work in 1.13, 1.13 beta and 1.14. Have you raised a ticket with Logitech support? Did it work in 1.12. What other games do you play where it works?

3 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Yeah, looks like disabling of TrueForce happens by default. Again, I run a Thrustmaster at home. 

Found this is the support manual however:

Capture.PNG

I'll get this passed on to Logitech support, as there may be a different issue for those affected still there. The FFB at the previous level (150) concerns me, as its not just unrealistic, but slightly unsafe. I've ran 150 as a test on my TMX and was horrible and causing horrible clipping. No setting should really be above 80 to get any actual true feeling. How long have you been playing (in terms of hours) on the 150 FFB previously. 

from the beginning of the game 1 or 2 hours a day for 3 days. but I would like to understand why before the update everything worked fine and on the Monday of the update the ffb no longer worked, then that playing 150 in game is unrealistic is another question

• Administrator

What concerns me here @Budellolello is that your FFB didnt work in 1.13, 1.13 beta and 1.14. Have you raised a ticket with Logitech support? Did it work in 1.12. What other games do you play where it works?

So, in total here, 6 hours. May be worth also reporting this and logging a ticket with Logitech too.