Jump to content Jump to content

[PC] 1.13 Patch - No Force Feedback on Logitech G923

1 hour ago, Scriptures said:

Why do you assume they would compensate players? I know it sucks, and it’s been over a day without a fix, but I don’t think we are owed anything.
**** happens, life happens. 

When you damage good will with players it's typically a good idea... Was also a suggestion but yes come after me see you've got nothing better to with your time either 🙂

10 hours ago, BarryBL said:

We've reproduced internally and are working towards a fix. 

Hi @BarryBL, good evening to you.

Is there an ETA already? Lot of players affected, and it's been already more than 24hs.

Please suggest a hotfix for this to be updated today, as it is critical for many players worldwide.

Thanks

Edited by f1_facu
6 minutes ago, AutobahnAssasin said:

When you damage good will with players it's typically a good idea... Was also a suggestion but yes come after me see you've got nothing better to with your time either 🙂

He was right to come for you, you expect compensation for a bug in a game.. it’s 2021, games are far more complex than they were 20 years ago and bugs and glitches are always going to slip through the cracks.

Yes Codemasters seem to have quite a lot of said bugs, but they fix them as quick as they possibly can. You gotta remember they aren’t that big of a studio and I might be a bit outdated but I assume most of them are still working from home..

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, f1_facu said:

Hi @BarryBL, good evening to you.

Is there an ETA already? Lot of players affected, and it's been already more than 24hs.

Please suggest a hotfix for this to be updated today, as it is critical for many players worldwide.

Thanks

You do realise that the more you ask the same question? The longer it takes for them to bring out a fix, because they have to keep telling you they are working on it.

it’ll take them as long as it takes, I’d rather go without playing the game for a bit and have the bug fixed, rather than they rush out a hotfix which causes even more bugs.

• Disagree 1
2 minutes ago, OzzyGamer275 said:

He was right to come for you, you expect compensation for a bug in a game.. it’s 2021, games are far more complex than they were 20 years ago and bugs and glitches are always going to slip through the cracks.

Yes Codemasters seem to have quite a lot of said bugs, but they fix them as quick as they possibly can. You gotta remember they aren’t that big of a studio and I might be a bit outdated but I assume most of them are still working from home..

I can see that (and frankly you're civil about it so I'm willing to take criticism from you... was it a bad suggestion... potentially... could I have worded it better... probably... but it was that a suggestion nothing more).

I work as a software developer (albeit not in the gaming industry) so believe me when I say this... I UNDERSTAND **** GETS OUT.. software is never perfect... but sentiment wise... I'm allowed to be frustrated...

I apologize for the bad suggestion I'm not looking for anything nor expecting it but I have seen smaller publishers give out something like a common piece of gear for example for introducing something like a trivial piece of gear as a "yeah we know we screwed up". Heck 1 pit coin and I'd be happy lol.

Sorry for my own bad idea. Hope it's fixed soon and the team gets the OT I'm sure they're owed for it. 

• Like 2
Just now, f1_facu said:

@OzzyGamer275Go mind your own business dude, what's wrong with asking an ETA?

It's been hours with no updates, and it's a critical issue..

This is my business, I have the same issue, but you don’t hear me complaining and nagging the devs telling them to hurry their ass.

have some god damn patience man, go play another game in the meantime!

IDGF about you bro, with all respect.

I want an ETA as a customer of the game, we at least deserve to know when they'll fix this critical mess.

And I don't want to play another game ;) I paid a lot to play this one, given the increase of the price the quality should be better, not worst…

Just now, f1_facu said:

IDGF about you bro, with all respect.

I want an ETA as a customer of the game, we at least deserve to know when they'll fix this critical mess.

And I don't want to play another game 😉 I paid a lot to play this one, given the increase of the price the quality should be better, not worst…

You can’t say “with all respect” and not give respect..

I know you want an ETA, I do too, but asking for the Third time in this thread isn’t going to get you an ETA when the question has already been answered twice. You can’t put an ETA on a fix when they don’t know what’s causing the bug. Working with PCs in Retail you learn very quickly that all sorts of problems take different times to fix and can’t be rushed.

give them time to fix the issue properly and don’t force them to give you a date they may not be able to meet.

49 minutes ago, AutobahnAssasin said:

Aww hey man its okay im not attacking you. 

Yeah just sitting back home after work twiddling my thumbs waiting to play F1 2021.

4 hours ago, Scriptures said:

Why do you assume they would compensate players? I know it sucks, and it’s been over a day without a fix, but I don’t think we are owed anything.
**** happens, life happens. 

because we cant play a game that we've paid 80+ dollars for. He doesn't necessarily mean that he wants compensation, he just wants to play the game. i myself am frustrated at the amount of issues with the game lately, i have a 2060 and i7 9600 and i am holding 50 fps with huge freezes and stutters on minimum graphics, not to mention i cant play because of some glitch that just happened to occur on the wheel i own or that there was massive desync issues in my league so it had to be postponed for a month. We get that they are working their asses off to find fixes for these issues and we get there was nothing they could do to prevent this from happening in the first place, we are just frustrated that there always seems to be a problem that is completely out of our control . At the end of the day there is nothing we can do but wait, but you'd think paying that kind of money for a game there wouldn't be problems like this showing up in the first place, i get that things can never be perfect but you shouldn't expect to have this many issues with a game that you've paid good money for, you don't see games like iracing and acc having these kinds of problems...

Edited by crushf1
  • Agree 1
32 minutes ago, crushf1 said:

because we cant play a game that we've paid 80+ dollars for. He doesn't necessarily mean that he wants compensation, he just wants to play the game. i myself am frustrated at the amount of issues with the game lately, i have a 2060 and i7 9600 and i am holding 50 fps with huge freezes and stutters on minimum graphics, not to mention i cant play because of some glitch that just happened to occur on the wheel i own or that there was massive desync issues in my league so it had to be postponed for a month. We get that they are working their asses off to find fixes for these issues and we get there was nothing they could do to prevent this from happening in the first place, we are just frustrated that there always seems to be a problem that is completely out of our control . At the end of the day there is nothing we can do but wait, but you'd think paying that kind of money for a game there wouldn't be problems like this showing up in the first place, i get that things can never be perfect but you shouldn't expect to have this many issues with a game that you've paid good money for, you don't see games like iracing and acc having these kinds of problems...

Crushf1 I have posted a fix for this in steam discussions. Titled “possible crash fix for F1 2021”

I have a similar system running a 1080ti so should work for you. 

1 hour ago, Pookah said:

This is funny!

They basically fix the issue where if Logitech Hub is open the game won't kill the process after you exit the game by completely removing FFB.

Top job codies.

Damn, at this point I would rather have to close the game via task manager then have no FFB. 😞

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, MLTRaforis said:

Already 2 days without the update, it suppose to be a hotfix. ffs they don't even test things before they release the updates.

I just want to manage some expectations here.

We have a bug logged and reported, a reproduction method established and are working with our first party partners on a solution as a high priority. However, please note that once I have a substantial update, I will add here. At the moment, I have no ETA at this time. We understand the frustration here, but guessing on when the fix will come is not helpful and it creates false speculation. 

We have a bug logged and reported, and a reproduction method established.

If you want official news, please stay tuned and wait for a comment from me/official channels. Thanks.

• Thanks 6