Jump to content Jump to content

[PC] 1.13 Patch - No Force Feedback on Logitech G923

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

I just want to manage some expectations here.

We have a bug logged and reported, a reproduction method established and are working with our first party partners on a solution as a high priority. However, please note that once I have a substantial update, I will add here. At the moment, I have no ETA at this time. We understand the frustration here, but guessing on when the fix will come is not helpful and it creates false speculation. 

We have a bug logged and reported, and a reproduction method established.

If you want official news, please stay tuned and wait for a comment from me/official channels. Thanks.

Appreciate the update Barry, best of luck to the devs getting this out.

• Agree 3

Very frustrating. Holiday this week and went to sit down and play with the boy, only time we’ve been off together all year! Have to wait for an update on both PC’s, ok no biggie, but then no FFB. Hardly an obscure wheel. Neither of us can play until it’s fixed, no feeling from the road, keep spinning off. We are casual players with limited time. Thanks codemasters. 

I really want to issue 'quotes' and call users out by name here... but instead... 

You can really tell who the adults and the children are in this thread, based on reading the comments & seeing 'who' is crying the loudest. Point of observation: Your mother buying you a copy of a $60 game for your birthday gives you NO SAY WHATSOEVER in the daily operations of a company worth over a Billion dollars. To be blunt: your opinion doesn't matter and nobody here cares AT ALL how you 'feel' about it. 

Within a few hours of people noting this error - the devs acknowledged it, then within 12 hours said they've duplicated the error, and are working towards a fix, while actively communicating with the consumers during the entire process. This is literally a 'best case' outcome for anyone experiencing this error. 

Instead of realizing this - you have a select cast of idiots who's life is so pitiful, their whole world comes crashing down in a social media temper tantrum because they can't get "what they want, right now!" ... because as entitled childish morons... they just have to have "what they want right now!". Nobody owes you any explanation or timeframes whatsoever, no matter how that affects or offends your delicate sensibilities. 

Grow up and be a better person. Having a public meltdown ONLY makes you look like a petulant child. Mind you you're screaming at a person to 'fix it', when you yourself could not 'conceptualize, create, or code' ANYTHING yourself... because you're ignorant to the process as a whole. 

If you read this and think these words are a personal attack on yourself specifically, based on what you've posted in this thread, then - you're right. I'm talking about YOU! Now that we're clear on that fact, read this post again, because you need to let these words sink in. 

I again say: Thank you to the devs for working on this issue, and keeping us updated along the way. I look forward to a fix, whenever that hits my updates. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Just can join. I´ve the same problem, but I started playing with the updated game, so I can´t say if the bug has been before. Logitec G923 no forcefeedback in F1 2021 but working forcefeedback in F1 2020 and other games.

Please fix this soon, I can´t wait to race. 😉

32 minutes ago, GiftedGaia said:

I really want to issue 'quotes' and call users out by name here... but instead... 

You can really tell who the adults and the children are in this thread, based on reading the comments & seeing 'who' is crying the loudest. Point of observation: Your mother buying you a copy of a $60 game for your birthday gives you NO SAY WHATSOEVER in the daily operations of a company worth over a Billion dollars. To be blunt: your opinion doesn't matter and nobody here cares AT ALL how you 'feel' about it. 

Within a few hours of people noting this error - the devs acknowledged it, then within 12 hours said they've duplicated the error, and are working towards a fix, while actively communicating with the consumers during the entire process. This is literally a 'best case' outcome for anyone experiencing this error. 

Instead of realizing this - you have a select cast of idiots who's life is so pitiful, their whole world comes crashing down in a social media temper tantrum because they can't get "what they want, right now!" ... because as entitled childish morons... they just have to have "what they want right now!". Nobody owes you any explanation or timeframes whatsoever, no matter how that affects or offends your delicate sensibilities. 

Grow up and be a better person. Having a public meltdown ONLY makes you look like a petulant child. Mind you you're screaming at a person to 'fix it', when you yourself could not 'conceptualize, create, or code' ANYTHING yourself... because you're ignorant to the process as a whole. 

If you read this and think these words are a personal attack on yourself specifically, based on what you've posted in this thread, then - you're right. I'm talking about YOU! Now that we're clear on that fact, read this post again, because you need to let these words sink in. 

I again say: Thank you to the devs for working on this issue, and keeping us updated along the way. I look forward to a fix, whenever that hits my updates. 

I agree with you in some parts. You guys have to remember that codies are doing everything to fix this issue. You can even read in @BarryBL reply that "As we are in a busy period here at Codies and EA...". We have to just be patient. We don't know what is happening in their headquarters so how can we judge them?

Edited by NicoJ97
48 minutes ago, GiftedGaia said:

Realmente quiero emitir 'citas' y llamar a los usuarios por su nombre aquí ... pero en cambio ... 

Realmente puedes saber quiénes son los adultos y los niños en este hilo, basado en leer los comentarios y ver 'quién' está llorando el mas ruidoso. Punto de observación: que tu madre te compre una copia de un juego de $ 60 para tu cumpleaños no te da NINGÚN DICHO en las operaciones diarias de una empresa por valor de más de mil millones de dólares. Para ser franco: tu opinión no importa y a nadie aquí le importa EN ABSOLUTO cómo te 'sientes' al respecto. 

A las pocas horas de que las personas notaron este error, los desarrolladores lo reconocieron, luego en 12 horas dijeron que habían duplicado el error y estaban trabajando para solucionarlo, mientras se comunicaban activamente con los consumidores durante todo el proceso. Este es literalmente un 'mejor caso' 

En lugar de darte cuenta de esto, tienes un elenco selecto de idiotas cuya vida es tan lamentable que todo su mundo se derrumba en una rabieta en las redes sociales porque no pueden conseguir "lo que quieren, ¡ahora mismo!" ... porque como idiotas infantiles con derecho ... solo tienen que tener "¡lo que quieren ahora mismo!". Nadie te debe ninguna explicación o plazos de ningún tipo, sin importar cómo eso afecte u ofenda tus delicadas sensibilidades. 

Crezca y sea una mejor persona. Tener un colapso público SOLO te hace parecer un niño petulante. Tenga en cuenta que le está gritando a una persona que lo 'arregle', cuando usted mismo no pudo 'conceptualizar, crear o codificar' NADA usted mismo ... porque ignora el proceso en su conjunto. 

Si lees esto y piensas que estas palabras son un ataque personal a ti mismo específicamente, basado en lo que has publicado en este hilo, entonces - tienes razón. ¡Estoy hablando acerca de ti! Ahora que tenemos claro ese hecho, lee esta publicación nuevamente, porque debes dejar que estas palabras se

asimilen Vuelvo a decir: Gracias a los desarrolladores por trabajar en este tema y mantenernos actualizados a lo largo del camino. Espero una solución, siempre que llegue a mis actualizaciones. 

I do not see your response more adult than those you criticize. I think that the frustration of many arises because it is something that worked until the update. However, now it only remains to wait. Reading Barry, I can see a problem that they need to solve in conjunction with Logitech

• Agree 1

Hahah some guy just gave a 12 minute speech something about how he is a virgin and everyone is a child here.. creep.. anyway we have every right to complain. We sit there putting in the hours, sharing the game out on the internet and to our friends, buying the liveries and overpriced DLC packs.. Without us the game makes $0. So yes we have every right to be annoyed when they update it into a broken state. Is nothing tested before release at Codemasters? Are they too busy to fix it for their loyal customers that make them millions? Over 2 days and we still can’t play a game we love and support AND pay good money for.. we can’t race at all but that’s ok because “some” customers can race on the new track..? All of this is not to mention the issues we were having before the update.. I thought it was Logitech but this just proves it is actually the game.. 

I do appreciate the effort now from the devs, but please diligently test before release next time to avoid major issues like this. The game is now unplayable for so many loyal gamers.

Edited by PEEN1E
  • Agree 2
33 minutes ago, PEEN1E said:

Hahah some guy just gave a 12 minute speech something about how he is a virgin and everyone is a child here.. creep

Umm... what? Where did he say any of that?

As one of the people Gifted is probably probably mentioning (who's since retracted after calming down a bit) he has every right to his opinion as you do yours.

It's a shame yes but all we can all do is hurry up and wait, you could still play sans wheel if you really want (might plug an xbox controller into my PC later just cause), not the ideal game experience but it's still playable.

Edited by AutobahnAssasin
clarity

While I agree you can't abuse devs, who are doing the right thing and identifying the issue... you can certainly blame them for releasing *ANOTHER* broken patch. If it was a one off, sure, mistakes happen. Every single patch having new issues that are caught within minutes of go live? That's shoddy QA.

You can't blame people for getting mad, at the end of the day they've paid their money as much as anyone here and deserve to play a game that is worthy of that price. I personally think if you're an online focussed player, this year has not been worth that price, and I hope that they improve before irrevocable damage is done to the reputation of the series.  

• Agree 2
4 hours ago, GiftedGaia said:

Love you

• Like 1

Same here: suddenly no force feedback with my G29 wheel. I did drive Jeddah yesterday without any problems. Then today the Logitech G Hub had an update and now the FFB is gone.

I managed to get the FFB back in the settings of the G HUB (which shouldn't be necessary, because you can set it in game). But the steering wheel feels very vague and light around the center. It's not driveable this way. It also looks like it's pulling to the left a bit.

Edited by handjes
5 hours ago, GiftedGaia said:

So First of all we paid for the game and its not the first time that the game is not in a complete state and full of bugs.

"NO SAY WHATSOEVER" ? *** are you on who made the company worth millions of $? we the people

After a long day at work some of us wants to have some fun doing a league race or something that we paid for to do it. I understand that issues happen but this game was full of them since launch and you come here with this stupidity makes everyone wanna punch you in the face.. so stfu and if you wanna wait just wait and stay quiet

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
43 minutes ago, DominikRosemary said:

You have managed to look like internet ******* that lives in moms basement and got nothing else to do but insult other people. Like most of the other people that only salt here about bugs and do nothing else youve got no idea how game dev works. So shut up.

Wait, I’ve been on this post offering people possible crash fixes and just saying that I’m not happy with a game that I paid for NOT working, yet all you have done is come here and swear at me, and somehow in your minuscule brain I am the one that doesn’t have anything other to do than insult people? I actually am a programmer haha, admittedly this stuff is out of my league but that’s why I’m not the one getting paid good money to get it right.. Your rock is getting cold boy, time to go back. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2
42 minutes ago, pali082 said:

If G-HUB is uninstalled and configured with microsoft drivers from steam like G923 for PS4. The FFB works partially

Can you explain further please? I’d love to try and find a work-around for this tonight. For me, I have to open GHUB and select a profile I made for my wheel. If I don’t manually open ghub and switch persistent profiles, then my wheels turning rotation and FFB are incorrect. Anytime I alt+tab from the game, I have to manually select my profile in ghub once again before I reopen f1 2021. Is this normal?

Is there a way where I don’t have to switch profiles inside ghub to enable my wheel steering rotation and other wheel settings every time I alt+tab and reopen the game? 

1 minute ago, Scriptures said:

¿Puede explicarnos más, por favor? Me encantaría intentar encontrar una solución para esto esta noche. Para mí, tengo que abrir GHUB y seleccionar un perfil que hice para mi rueda. Si no abro manualmente ghub y cambio los perfiles persistentes, entonces mis ruedas giran y el FFB es incorrecto. Cada vez que hago alt + tab del juego, tengo que seleccionar manualmente mi perfil en ghub una vez más antes de reabrir f1 2021. ¿Es esto normal?

¿Hay alguna forma en la que no tenga que cambiar de perfil dentro de ghub para habilitar la rotación de la dirección del volante y otras configuraciones del volante cada vez que presiono alt + tab y vuelvo a abrir el juego? 

just uninstall G-HUB and use Logitech generic drivers unknown.png

22 minutes ago, pali082 said:

just uninstall G-HUB and use Logitech generic drivers unknown.png

to anyone and everyone reading this. using generic Logitech drivers DOES work and is a valid fix until codies can find a proper fix. it feels a touch different to normal but is a solid fix temporarily. (note: use 70 steering saturation found in the calibration settings). first uninstall G hub then go into control panel > hardware and sound > devices and printer > right click on device and hit properties > hardware tab > select the device (the name should have g923 something) > drivers tab > update drivers (requires restart, an option to restart will pop up). 

I would say to switch back to G Hub when an actual fix arrives as it is slightly different feeling (maybe because i've been playing with no ffb for 3 days)

however full credit on this goes to @pali082

this is the closest you will get to full feeling until a proper fix arrives.

Update: after testing the ffb can go in an out (it changes a bit) which is why it feels weird but atleast there is some ffb. im pretty sure down straights its at its least and through lower speed corners its at its highest (it fluctuates). 

this fix isnt optimal for you to be at your best but it is an improvement

thanks.

Edited by crushf1
  • Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, crushf1 said:

to anyone and everyone reading this. using generic Logitech drivers DOES work and is a valid fix until codies can find a proper fix. it feels a touch different to normal but is a solid fix temporarily. (note: use 70 steering saturation found in the calibration settings). first uninstall G hub then go into control panel > hardware and sound > devices and printer > right click on device and hit properties > hardware tab > select the device (the name should have g923 something) > drivers tab > update drivers (requires restart, an option to restart will pop up). 

I would say to switch back to G Hub when an actual fix arrives as it is slightly different feeling (maybe because i've been playing with no ffb for 3 days)

however full credit on this goes to @pali082

this is the closest you will get to full feeling until a proper fix arrives. 

thanks.

@crushf1 If you uninstall GHUB how are you able to change the wheels steering rotation? Wouldn’t it be stuck at the factory 900°? Would love to play f1 tonight if this way works well enough. Also why 70 steering saturation? I’m assuming that’s in game setting to change to compensate for something? 
Today I tried playing without the FFB but it’s too bad. Steering is very sensitive, and feels a bit unaligned. Obviously tricky because you can’t feel under steer and any oversteer, or the grip in general for that matter. 
thanks 

Edited by Scriptures
5 minutes ago, Scriptures said:

@crushf1 If you uninstall GHUB how are you able to change the wheels steering rotation? Wouldn’t it be stuck at the factory 900°? Would love to play f1 tonight if this way works well enough. Also why 70 steering saturation? I’m assuming that’s in game setting to change to compensate for something? 
thanks 

after testing, atleast for me, i have normal 360 degree which may differ for others but i doubt it. when you try it, it'll be very hard to turn and the steering will be stiff. using 70 saturation (or somewhere in that area) compensates for the stiffness and it actually feel decent to a certain extent. I will say im testing it right now and it is quite a bit different to normal (that could be because ive been playing with no ffb) but overall it is usable

there really is little to no ffb down straights and it seems like there is a little too much through corners 

Edited by crushf1

@crushf1 That is odd you have a 360 degree steering rotation.

So maybe you can help me with this, whenever I start f1 2021 for the first time I have to alt tab out and go into GHUB and manually change profiles to my steering wheel profile in order for my steering rotation to be set correctly, or else the wheel is set at 900 degrees. Personally I have mine at 340 degrees. But even when GHUB is running before I open f1 2021, I have to go back into ghub and switch profiles to get my steering rotation correct. Anytime I alt tab out, I have to do that before switching back to the game.

If I dont, then my FFB is wrong and my steering rotation is back to 900 degrees. Even if inside GHUB every profile has the same wheel settings. I can select my F1 2021 profile in GHUB, and if I click ANYTHING else with my mouse, other than clicking back into f1 game, my profile will switch back to 900 degrees steering rotation. 

Edited by Scriptures