Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BUG WITH LEAGUE SYSTEM

I have recently found out that it's possible to retry infinite times in league mode, or even in open rallies online with racenet.

It's able to be re-created by starting a stage and then hitting alt-f4, then restarting the game and load the same rally/league event and it can be done infinite times.

Please can something be done about this? I feel like people in rally events and leagues are abusing this feature and driving at 110% on every stage with no concern for crashing, as they are able to retry the stage infinitely.

I suggest that a communication between the start of a stage and the racenet server, therefore when a stage is started it's not possible to join back into the same stage until the stage has been completed or it has gone over the maximum elapsed time. But no doubt there can be other/better ways to fix it.

As I said, I think this is a big problem, rally is about attrition and speed in controlled conservation but with this bug around, people are able to make stages a pure hotlap shootout and are able to avoid their mistakes being costly, something which is completely a part of rallying.

It takes some balls to report this in all honesty, I could sit here and say nothing, and continue to abuse this bug as I'm sure others are doing.

Thanks in advance

Jake

I agree mostly with your comment.

The only handycap I see is, lets say you are doing a 12 stages event and you are running the 11th stage. Your computer suffers a power cut. What now?
You can continue with penalty? retired from stage? 
Its a difficult issue to get in consensus, and hard to resolve.

I mean, you can control cheaters but you cant control potential PC failures or crashes. Everyone should have the right of rejoin at certain point. The problem is, "hotlappers" will allways take advantage from this.

This happens on weeklies and monthlies as well.

OzoreXS said:
I mean, you can control cheaters but you cant control potential PC failures or crashes. Everyone should have the right of rejoin at certain point. The problem is, "hotlappers" will allways take advantage from this.
It's not ideal, but from the point of view of someone that is currently trying to run a league, I would much rather it just be the end of the rally. It sucks for someone that has a connection or hardware problem, but this completely goes against the spirit of the whole thing. Sure, it could be left an "honour" system, but my experience of trusting competitive people in sim-racing...forget it. It should be mentioned that this clearly isn't an intentional feature of the leagues, given there is no save & exit in the middle of a rally, unless you're at a service park.

In the Rallyesim (RSRBR) championships the rule is basically that your PC represents the car and if anything happens that causes you to drop out while running a stage, that represents a random mechanical failure of your equipment, and like in real rally, you DNF the rally.

I personally found this rule to be a bit extreme, I would propose that if you drop a stage you are given a default time for the stage (like a predetermined penalty time, or you are given the time of the slowest competetor), and then you rejoin at the next stage of the rally.

I agree that being able to run a stage over and over when restarts are specifically turned off is easily exploitable, and I have already had to address this issue in my league.

Just curious, has there been any progress with this? Are we likely to see the end of being able to alt+F4? I'm planning the next season in my league and it would make setting up longer events rather pointless.

steviejb said:
Just curious, has there been any progress with this? Are we likely to see the end of being able to alt+F4? I'm planning the next season in my league and it would make setting up longer events rather pointless.
Bumping the thread. This needs to be fixed.