Jump to content Jump to content

So now we can ONLY totally disable driver moves in career, even when season ends?!

The fact that there'd be just a desire to have on/off on Driver Career makes me think nothing is happening with MyTeam transfers.   Why make the effort to turn off Driver Career transfers if you were going to provide control over transfers in the next update anyway?  So it's back to 2018 which, for those that can count, is 3 years backwards.  That's not just lazy, it's anti-progressive.  The game is literally going editions backwards to avoid going forwards. 

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Aef251 said:

Not near my console to test but if it lets me turn them off at season start, then back on just before the season ends, and off again before the next mid year, I can live with that.

It is the mid year driver transfers that irk me.

I would honestly be astonished if they built it to be worked around like that. But yes, that would solve one of the problems nicely.

1 hour ago, Liaveil said:

Does this stop driver retirements do we know?

Logic would say yes. In Driver Career only.

If driver transfers don't exist then there's nobody to transfer to replace any retirements. F2 drivers won't progress. Stats won't evolve/devolve. Retirements won't happen. 

The only real variable that will affect grid order is Team improvements and the standard variation of good quali and bad quali / traffic on hot lap. Teammate balance will stay the same, you'd assume. Good for Kimi and Alonso! 

How does this work in a running coop season? In our season two drivers already announced to retire. Honestly we are afraid about what will happen in a new season with possible driver transfers.. so we ask ourselves too, if we are able to use this option even when retirements already got announced. Maybe someone already know, I can check this in a few days. But I am too curious to wait. 

17 hours ago, Aef251 said:

Not near my console to test but if it lets me turn them off at season start, then back on just before the season ends, and off again before the next mid year, I can live with that.

It is the mid year driver transfers that irk me.

If it is like this, I reall could live with that! Nothing is more unrealistic than a transfer from the championship leader to an underdog team in midseason... And we all know, this could happen. I really hope it is possible to change the option like we want. But I am sure, there is a time in season, when the option is not able get change. For example after pressing "season end" or whatever. 

This morning I finished a race, went to My Team Career settings and was able to toggle transfers on and off. So it looks like we can turn transfers off and back on when we want to. No idea about retirements, but at least we do not have to have the mid season shuffle.

I’m happy enough with that. So I’ll say thanks CM.

• Like 1

Scary thing is this system has been in the franchise for 3 years now . 3 years to refine it and get it working and it's a absolute mess and has been since day 1. Talk about copy and paste year in year out even if it broken just zero improvements and now just take the easiest possible solution and just on off toggle. Pathetic.....

Edited by Naxlr
  • Agree 2
2 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

Scary thing is this system has been in the franchise for 3 years now . 3 years to refine it and get it working and it's a absolute mess and has been since day 1. Talk about copy and paste year in year out even if it broken just zero improvements and now just take the easiest possible solution and just on off toggle. Pathetic.....

There is some truth in your post.. But nevertheless I like the implemention of driver transfers and development overall. But you are truly right, that this system has to work. I don't like the idea to control everything like some people mentioned here. If there is a good system, which is in his core totally comprehensivable, it would take much more effect in case of players satisfaction.

For those who didn't know yet (maybe like Codemasters ;P) I mentioned some ideas in the suggestion forum how the system could get to work. 

The idea is great the execution is garbage . That's the issue the system needs to be in the game ofc but it's been broken for 3 years and best they got is back to 18 and before just disable them . Same with the story mode decent idea garbage execution. Fair to say my faith in this franchise has seriously lowered and this series now enters the pick up in the bargain bin section .....

• Agree 1
13 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

The idea is great the execution is garbage . That's the issue the system needs to be in the game ofc but it's been broken for 3 years and best they got is back to 18 and before just disable them . Same with the story mode decent idea garbage execution. Fair to say my faith in this franchise has seriously lowered and this series now enters the pick up in the bargain bin section .....

hard words. I don't agree with your opinion to the story mode at all. Codemasters has some good elements in it. I really like the cutscences, they are quiet good. But I agree that the story mode at all didn't give me the fun I excpected. But I think it is more that, the mode overall does not fit that good to a racing game in general. But in wished we would have seen more cutscenes with this quality in the (coop) carreer modes! More with this quality and more cutscenes overall by the way (podium celebration, intro of a race, etc.) But this is a different topic. 

Edited by DonBlanko

Little update from me: 

In our coop season we were in mexico while the update was installed. Alonso and Raikkönen were going to retire. We chose the option to turn of driver transfers. In the next race in brasil there was a mail with the driver transfers and there was no transfered driver shown. So the option still works, even when driver already anounced their retirement. I am optimistic that we will see Alonso and Raikkönen next season too. 

What I ask myself now: Is there still a development between the drivers in a season without driver transfers turned on? If yes, than Raikönen und Alonso could become worse with the years. And: Is there a development of drivers in coop season too? I mean, we can't see any values of their skills there. 

Hi guys. I got F1 2021 on PS4 and before I started a new my team career I turned those stupid driver transfers off as it has newly been added in the latest patch. But I still have those stupid transfers happening... Verstappen from RB to alpine . I had signed Schwartzman from the beginning in order not to fiddle with the whole transfer system and yet it goes crazy again.. can somebody help me here ? How is your experience with my team ai transfers turned off? Is it simply a bug I have ?

Thx 

11 hours ago, zuluulu said:

Hi guys. I got F1 2021 on PS4 and before I started a new my team career I turned those stupid driver transfers off as it has newly been added in the latest patch. But I still have those stupid transfers happening... Verstappen from RB to alpine . I had signed Schwartzman from the beginning in order not to fiddle with the whole transfer system and yet it goes crazy again.. can somebody help me here ? How is your experience with my team ai transfers turned off? Is it simply a bug I have ?

Thx 

I can image that the option to turn of driver transfers does not work in my team mode, because the whole my team system wouldn't work anymore with driver development, price of buying a driver e.g. Maybe it just available in (coop) career mode. 

11 hours ago, zuluulu said:

Thx 

It's Driver Career only.  You're still getting them by design.

MyTeam requires driver transfers so it's something you'll just have to work around until if/when they do something to remedy it like provide control / make it sensible. 

Its really sad that this is still an issue.   It's a simple solution really.  

Step 1...  Make the system more logical; or you know actually ADD something to career/my team mode that influences driver transfers.   Make the mode an actual living franchise world, rather than the boring task mode it basically is now.  Have the driver academy's mean something.  Have results and performance actually mean something rather than the stupid acclaim system that has no rhyme, reason or control to it.   Basically just make the system work on something otherthan driver and team acclaim because that itself is a mess.  

Step 2... give the player total control over it.  If the player chooses not to use that control, so be it.   That way those who dont want the control are happy, and those who do are happy.  It's really quite simple.

It just requires a little bit of thought and effort from the devs.