Jump to content Jump to content

George Russell official helmet on podium pass !!!

• XboistonXx changed the title to George Russell official helmet on podium pass !!!

Have you seen the Riciardo.? I dare say code masters are paying an artist a fortune, who knows nothing about F1 or those that follow it. 

Cause most liveries this year are stupid busy finger paintings. 

And then when there is a livery design that I like the look off.  You find random finishes. A bit off gloss here and metallic there.  Which makes matching colours impossible. 

But I agree with you on Russell’s livery.  That does look decent 

• Agree 1
8 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Have you seen the Riciardo.? I dare say code masters are paying an artist a fortune, who knows nothing about F1 or those that follow it. 

And then when there is a livery design that I like the look off.  You find random finishes. A bit off gloss here and metallic there.  Which makes matching colours impossible. 

Sadly you can't be those drivers in the game (unless with mods), and then these helmets are not paintable, and then even worst is that decals on helmet are still bugged and are missing.

• Agree 1

It's... nice. But, that's it. If anything, it's inconvenient.  I'd say the Russell and Ricciardo were taking 8 slots (2x helmet, livery, gloves and overall) away from other designs but considering most of the designs for customisation are pretty pants, it's hard to say it's detracting from anything so it makes no difference if they're included or not. 

Regarding the helmet, I'm not George Russell. It makes no sense for me to wear it. It's got his name and number plastered on it so would work as an alternative helmet for him but is next to useless on my character. If it could be edited so the name was the same colour of the background (the number isn't insurmountable detailing as you could pass it off as something different to a 63) then it would be okayish... but, alas, like any half decent item, it cannot be customised to improve it.. Surprise, surprise. 

While I agree it looks nice, I don't see the point of it. I get that some people will like it, but it's not for me.

• Agree 2

It's better than a lot of the designs we've had in the past where the designer clearly has some weird obsession with zebra stripes and asymmetrical nonsense. 

But I agree, these would have been great if they added their driver models in. If they're going to add real drivers helmets in I'd rather they do iconic drivers like our current seven icon drivers, Hakkinen, Hill etc. Or drivers that tend to retire early like Alonso, Kimi and Seb. (Driver models as well please?... Could even add driver avatars on to the podium pass to unlock)

• Agree 1
43 minutes ago, Liaveil said:

It's better than a lot of the designs we've had in the past where the designer clearly has some weird obsession with zebra stripes and asymmetrical nonsense. 

But I agree, these would have been great if they added their driver models in. If they're going to add real drivers helmets in I'd rather they do iconic drivers like our current seven icon drivers, Hakkinen, Hill etc. Or drivers that tend to retire early like Alonso, Kimi and Seb. (Driver models as well please?... Could even add driver avatars on to the podium pass to unlock)

I think you could probably hodge-podge a Hakkinen likeness. Look for the Character model that is the most Finnish looking, commentary name would be Makkinen, a helmet should be similar enough to get the multiple shades of blue, black and white.  

However, yes, it would be so much better if you had it all there ready and waiting for you.  Even if you couldn't customise the real-life character models themselves.  Say you could choose from two categories. Official Drivers or Created Driver. 

• The created driver is the current one where you, well, create your own driver. Full customisation like it is now.
  • An Official Driver would be any of the current lineup plus additionals like the Icons, Braking Point Characters, etc. These are set characters. So, say, you chose Hakkinen. He has a set character model, a set helmet and it just had the basics (Mika written down the side and your team sponsors). These cannot be customised so you can put a character model with a different helmet. Then obviously their commentary name and all that is also hard-coded in. 

I'm not a personal fan of the current Created Driver as there's so little customisation available so i'd rather just drive as an official driver anyway. 

• Agree 1
On 11/17/2021 at 8:38 PM, ScaredDuck said:

I totally agree with you. The one thing that always really throws me off about these games in career mode and it’s honestly why I didn’t play career mode when I wasn’t on PC (and thank god on PC I can fix this through mods), is that if you’re associated to any of the junior academies, you can’t have a helmet template that reflects the team you’re affiliated with such as having Ferrari driver academy logos on your helmet if you chose the FDA or having a Red Bull helmet template like Lawson, Daruvalla and Vip’s with the typical red bull design on the helmet. And even worse is when you get to F1 you can’t have a helmet that reflects the team you sign for. It’d be so cool if we could have our design but with say a Red Bull/ Alpha Tauri template if you go with those teams like in real life instead of having to use mods on PC to have the templates for all the teams. I think not having this really takes out the immersion of it being a career mode and it’s just a detail that counts so much when it’s there and when it isn’t it just feels so bare.

On 11/17/2021 at 8:38 PM, ScaredDuck said:

Wasn't there videos on Instagram showing Danny Ric designing liveries and other bits of kit for the game? 

Helmets are pretty good this year IMO. Surprising given how little effort has gone into them in the past. 

A lot of them have been highly detailed and realistic looking. the Braking Point guys one is really nice as a full design that can be used for any custom character and the recent Mexican day of the dead (or whatever?) design was wonderful. Having the livery and everything in that design doesn't really interest me but the more detailed and realistic the helmets are the better for the game. 

Edited by KNT2011