Jump to content Jump to content

Not starting the race in the position I qualified (f2 drivers career)

I'm having the issue too. Career mode in F2 50% race distance. Xbox series x. HI tech GP.

I noticed that the game had turned off the sprint race and I had to turn it back on. Since then wherever I qualify I start at or near the back. If I then do well in the feature race I still start the sprint at the back. 

• Agree 2
1 hour ago, Jmt1874 said:

I'm having the issue too. Career mode in F2 50% race distance. Xbox series x. HI tech GP.

I noticed that the game had turned off the sprint race and I had to turn it back on. Since then wherever I qualify I start at or near the back. If I then do well in the feature race I still start the sprint at the back. 

Yep, the same. Always placed at or near the back of grid. 

Trying to safely get from 22nd into the top few places within a few laps of a really short sprint makes it really hard. Especially in tight tracks and when it rains. 

Its basically made the career mode unplayable for me. 

• Agree 1

Same problem here. F2 career mode with a 100% race distance. First race there was no problem, but in the second race (Barcelona) the complete qualify order is messed up at the start of the feature race. It's not just me but all AI drivers too.  

• Agree 1
9 hours ago, BarryBL said:

I am testing this issue today. Any save game files will help here. Does it only happen in Career, or in Grand Prix too?.

Can someone add exactly their qualifying and race events (features and sprint, qualifying and length of session) and ill get to driving.

Ok, for me it happened again last night. Qualified P1 for Silverstone. When I advanced to the feature race I was 20th on the grid. It’s crazy too, because the grid literally displays how fast my time was relative to the “new” P1 🤦🏻‍♂️

22 hours ago, BarryBL said:

I am testing this issue today. Any save game files will help here. Does it only happen in Career, or in Grand Prix too?.

Can someone add exactly their qualifying and race events (features and sprint, qualifying and length of session) and ill get to driving.

• A detailed description of the issue.
    • In Driver career, when I race in f2 all grids are set randomly, in feature race and in sprint race. In first race it worked fine, it also worked in the feature race of Spain, then in sprint it got messy, and it continued for the following race. I then restarted the career and it worked fine for Bahrein and Spain. But again in Monaco everything got random.
  • Report Code
    • BDRB-BBBR-HHSH-MVKV
  • Platform?
    • PS4
  • Game-mode?
    • Driver career
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    • I tried to start again from scracth, but it happend again in Monaco and the following races. 
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
    • in attachment
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    • Every f2 race in driver career, both feature and sprint.

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-08 at 09.46.15 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-08 at 09.46.15.jpeg

For anyone still dealing with this, I've found a temporary fix. First, it seems the issue is changing any setting in relevant to the F2 career. Simulation settings, race length, format of race weekends, anything like this will trigger the bug.

To fix it, change all the settings in your F2 career that you want (because you can't change them again without re-triggering the bug) and then quit out to the main menu. Then make a new F1 career save in a new slot (don't overwrite your existing F2 career). Pick whatever team and other stuff you have to in order to get to your garage in the F1 career and then quit out to the main menu. Now when you load back into your F2 career, your qualifying results will carry over to the race correctly, at least until you change a setting. Opening the settings in F2 career alone may cause the bug, but I'll let the people getting paid to fix the game figure that out.

Hope this helps. I've recreated and fixed the bug twice now on my PC so I believe it is consistent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have the same issue

• A detailed description of the issue.
    • In Driver career, when I race in f2 all grids are set randomly, in feature race and in sprint race:
    • recently started F1 2021 driver career mode. I started it by doing the full F2 races. I play on medium length with qualifying but no practice. For the first race I qualified in P14 but at the feature race I started in around p10, which was pretty weired. I finished in 3th and so as I thought the format in the sprint race is that top 10 drivers from the feature race will be reversed grid. But in the sprint race I started at P14 and also all the other drivers were not correct. I remember Tsunoda and Armstrong also getting on the podium in the feature race but in the sprint race Tsunoda his starting position was P2 and Armstrong P5. So very weired.

Then the next race in Spa, I qualify on pole. But I start only in P11. I finish only in P10 and than in the sprint race I started at P8 I guess, but I don't remember very well. I suppose this is a bug and I hope you will fix this soon. I haven't started a new career yet to try if this is a bug in only my game because it's time consuming but I also saw the same bug with streamer @thombrouwer90 a few days ago.

• Report Code
    • I have no idea where to find this
  • Platform?
    • PC
  • Game-mode?
    • Driver career
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
    • It was offline, or at least alone, not a 2-player career mode
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    • I didn't try anything more, but I saw @thombrouwer90streaming also a race of F2 2020 in driver career mode and he had the same problem. 
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
    • In attachment, but you won't have much at it, the link to the twitch stream is more usefull.
    • I also wanted to attached my Steam save for F1 2021, but I can't because it says one file is larger than 48mb, so if you really need this, answer me and tell me how I do can send it.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    • Every f2 race in driver career

I hope @thombrouwer90 won't mind this. (I'm EagleGhost8 in your streams by the way 😉)

Evidence:

00:58:15  He clearly qualifies on pole

01:01:22   We can see it's Armstrong on pole and not Thomb

01:01:47   We can see Thomb his grid position is P19

01:41:45   Final standings of the feature race, Thomb finishes in P5

01:50:36  Thomb starts sprintrace in P17

So it's clear in makes no sence. I actually hope someone already reported this so you can fix this. A little question. If you guys fix this in an update. Will I need to start a new career to have the bug fixed or will it be needed to start a new career?

Good luck with fixing it 😉

Kind regards,

Me

F2 feature race results Bahrein.jpg

F2 feature race results Spain.jpg

There is something I cannot understand.... I'm playing CAREER in F2 cars. I drive during qualifying and get the Pole Position , but when the race starts , in the Starting Grid I'm placed 17th , 18th or worst.

Looking at the race intro, when all position are listed , I see that I'm not the only one in the wrong position, even some AI pilot that got good lap time had been moved down in the grid.

What do i miss? is there any setup, or maybe i do some error , or is there any rules that i did not comply with?

thanks

I restarted my driver career and lo and behold at the first event the grid appears to be correct. I barely had the fast lap and started in pole position. I managed to stay in front scored the win and started 8th in the sprint race like it is supposed to work.

As I recall my first attempt started the same way.

AI difficulty on 80.

On 12/12/2021 at 10:24 AM, Gucc111 said:

For anyone still dealing with this, I've found a temporary fix. First, it seems the issue is changing any setting in relevant to the F2 career. Simulation settings, race length, format of race weekends, anything like this will trigger the bug.

[...]

Unfortunately, your solution didn't work for me. It means that the career mode is unplayable if you want to start in F2.

1 hour ago, Piotrek3201 said:

Unfortunately, your solution didn't work for me. It means that the career mode is unplayable if you want to start in F2.

Same here. It didn't work, it's frustrating because I was using it to learn (it's my first F1 game) and it's also a good feature to start and grow to F1.

I appreciate the work done on the debugging tho, it's more than we are getting from codemasters at this point. Hopefully they will get it sort it out. Preferably before they release f1 2022 with the new cars... I mean it's not like the season is over.

Aye, grid seems bugged at the moment in F2 Driver's Career mode. I just completed full Silverstone today. Full meaning full practice, quali and races including formation lap. I won pole in quali and started 4th on the grid in the feature race. I went ahead and won the feature race and then started 3rd on the grid in the sprint. I also noticed that Davide never gets to talk about his driver of the day post race. He gets asked but never gets to answer.

EDIT: It seems from the thread linked to above that they have replicated the bug, fixed it, and have it ready for the next patch.

Edited by Helldir
  • Agree 1