Jump to content Jump to content

Not starting the race in the position I qualified (f2 drivers career)

Littlewatty96

It's still not fixed. Had the same issue yesterday, and today even simulating the whole weekend, it still happens.

Simulated whole weekend on Monaco (full F2 career), Mick got pole (won the 4 points for pole) but started the race P19.

It is completely ruining the career experience. Basically a month already and nothing, it's ridiculous

11 hours ago, MaxKnight64 said:

It's still not fixed. Had the same issue yesterday, and today even simulating the whole weekend, it still happens.

Simulated whole weekend on Monaco (full F2 career), Mick got pole (won the 4 points for pole) but started the race P19.

It is completely ruining the career experience. Basically a month already and nothing, it's ridiculous

@MaxKnight64: With all due respect, before complaining you should read up on the lasts posts in this thread. I'm quoting for you here:

On 12/15/2021 at 5:10 PM, BarryBL said:

Fix has been confirmed with the testing team, all went well in the test! Fix has been approved for the next patch. Thanks for your patience on this

So,  you see? It's fixed, but you can't see it, because it's not in the game before the next patch.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TvRacinFan said:

Driver career started in F2. Second race in Spain. One shot qualify must be a fixed thing as my career is set on session. Apparently I was to tentative in qualification so I am at the back. I managed to finish 5th in the feature race but start 21st in the sprint.

It's fixed, mate, and is planned for the next patch: Not starting the race in the position I qualified (f2 drivers career)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Helldir said:

It's fixed, mate, and is planned for the next patch: Not starting the race in the position I qualified (f2 drivers career)

So I understand.

I have heard that some bug is fixed in a game before only to find that it was not actually fixed and worse the supposed fix has broken something else. For a couple of games a fix was made then reverted back because the supposed fix didn't actually fix anything and broke something else.

We shall see what happens here.

5 minutes ago, MrLombardo1985 said:

That’s exactly my point, when will it be ready? Cause they already have a fix for the problem.

Well why would they fix one issue when they can roll up several? FYI F1 2020 had patches in January, February, March and April so I'd say there is ample chance there will be more updates.

Get buying Podium Pass stuff to put credit in the meter 😉

Barry is off until the New Year so right now is unlikely.

Edited by steviejay69

That's why I stopped playing this game. Almost no info about releasing of the bug fixes, even those bugs that make this game unplayable.

It will be ready when it will be ready. We are waiting for patch fixing this bug almost for a month! (since it was reported for the first time), and still no info when it will be ready. I don't know how to call it.

Edited by yrek150

8 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Well why would they fix one issue when they can roll up several? FYI F1 2020 had patches in January, February, March and April so I'd say there is ample chance there will be more updates.

Get buying Podium Pass stuff to put credit in the meter 😉

Barry is off until the New Year so right now is unlikely.

Because they can make micro patch and fix bugs one by one like all games of today. If they know how to fix it, why we have to wait until next month? BTW every new patch has new bugs. And in race game is big problem if starting grid is changing after every qualifications. They should fix it as soon is possible.

• Agree 4

12 hours ago, JAKUBTRNKA said:

Because they can make micro patch and fix bugs one by one like all games of today. If they know how to fix it, why we have to wait until next month? BTW every new patch has new bugs. And in race game is big problem if starting grid is changing after every qualifications. They should fix it as soon is possible.

Because of what you just said. Bug fixes have to be tested to make sure they don't cause other bugs. And I agree, every new patch has new bugs.

But also, it's a game. 

And also, I believe patches to consoles are not free and need to be approved by the relevant partner, Sony / Microsoft. So, it's pretty much policy to coordinate as many fixes as possible. Otherwise, everyone will complain about the inequality. 

No win. Damned if you do, etc.

As an aside, I also believe Codemasters have not thrown another couple of partners under the bus with respect to ongoing controller problems. They could've.

On 12/24/2021 at 10:59 AM, steviejay69 said:

Because of what you just said. Bug fixes have to be tested to make sure they don't cause other bugs. And I agree, every new patch has new bugs.

But also, it's a game. 

And also, I believe patches to consoles are not free and need to be approved by the relevant partner, Sony / Microsoft. So, it's pretty much policy to coordinate as many fixes as possible. Otherwise, everyone will complain about the inequality. 

No win. Damned if you do, etc.

As an aside, I also believe Codemasters have not thrown another couple of partners under the bus with respect to ongoing controller problems. They could've.

I understand They must be sure that it will not bring more bugs. But they must fix it much faster and not wait until next patch. This is big problem. It is the same as not being able to shoot and kill enemy in battlefield or call of duty.

When it will be a bug that changes look of helmets, so the fix can wait until the next patch. But not bug which changing starting grid after qualifications. It is not acceptable.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, JAKUBTRNKA said:

I understand They must be sure that it will not bring more bugs. But they must fix it much faster and not wait until next patch. This is big problem. It is the same as not being able to shoot and kill enemy in battlefield or call of duty.

When it will be a bug that changes look of helmets, so the fix can wait until the next patch. But not bug which changing starting grid after qualifications. It is not acceptable.

To you. It's not the same priority to Codemasters. It's not the most game breaking bug because it affects a non-essential mode (it's not F1, its's F2 - and they will probably be able to tell exactly how many players use it as a percentage). As long as it's fixed in the lifecycle, that's acceptable.

But then, judge them on what's important to you when it comes to purchasing the next game. Everyone can do that, because to them every bug that affects them personally is unacceptable. I really only want to play online and I use a Thrustmaster, between those two things alone they're still far from fixed. Career I don't personally enjoy the gameplay, even less so My Team and I haven't even touched the Breaking Point storyboard / storyline. It's juvenile, as are the Podium Pass items. But I guess going around and around in circles virtually is as well if you look at it objectively. You could argue the same about F1 IRL and others do, frequently.

On 12/27/2021 at 3:36 PM, steviejay69 said:

To you. It's not the same priority to Codemasters. It's not the most game breaking bug because it affects a non-essential mode (it's not F1, its's F2 - and they will probably be able to tell exactly how many players use it as a percentage). As long as it's fixed in the lifecycle, that's acceptable.

But then, judge them on what's important to you when it comes to purchasing the next game. Everyone can do that, because to them every bug that affects them personally is unacceptable. I really only want to play online and I use a Thrustmaster, between those two things alone they're still far from fixed. Career I don't personally enjoy the gameplay, even less so My Team and I haven't even touched the Breaking Point storyboard / storyline. It's juvenile, as are the Podium Pass items. But I guess going around and around in circles virtually is as well if you look at it objectively. You could argue the same about F1 IRL and others do, frequently.

It doesn´t matter how many players is playing F2 in career mode. Last update was 6. December and after this update it happened. When codemasters release update and after this get new bugs which wasn´t before it, they should fix it as soon is possible and don´t wait next month for next update. I think it is not correct like this. You can´t justify it is not priority for codemasters. It is part of game and if it´s not priority for them, why is it in the game? I am happy you are beta tester only and you are not part of codemaster team. I don´t want to talk about it anymore. It´s been a long time since they have known about it and nothing is happening.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, JAKUBTRNKA said:

It doesn´t matter how many players is playing F2 in career mode. Last update was 6. December and after this update it happened. When codemasters release update and after this get new bugs which wasn´t before it, they should fix it as soon is possible and don´t wait next month for next update. I think it is not correct like this. You can´t justify it is not priority for codemasters. It is part of game and if it´s not priority for them, why is it in the game? I am happy you are beta tester only and you are not part of codemaster team. I don´t want to talk about it anymore. It´s been a long time since they have known about it and nothing is happening.

Already pointed out why. I disagree with your PoV, that's it.

34 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Already pointed out why. I disagree with your PoV, that's it.

We pay for a game that's is full of bugs and they don't even fix things immediately, they say: "Ooh we'll wait a few months and then we will fix it." That's so rediculous!!! Can't imagine you even defend them. But you of course you just don't care because you only play online. Try to think about the players who love to play F2 but can't do it properly now, or think about those who want to do a driver career properly to start in F2 and upgrade to F1, but that's not possible either in the way we want and it had to be, instead of being selfish and only thinking about your own. They released an update with F2 2021 that has a bug, so they didn't do there work good. But instead of only having problems there, it also made problems in modes like F2 2020 who were already in the game.

Now 15 DECEMBER they already let us know the issue/bug is fixed and added to the patch, 15 DECEMBER. Today we are 31 December, so which means the fix is there. People are waiting for it already 16 days (and don't forget we payed for this game) but there is nothing happening with the fix, it's just there. Like it's a big deal to just update the game. No, they want to wait until the new patch, rediculous. You just can't justify that! We are in December helooooooo. The game was released in Juli. And we have the right to be angry because it's our money.

So if they made an update but the game won't work anymore at all that you even can't play offline. Image they would say to us that the problem is fixed but they will wait until the new patch to fix it. I don't think you or anyone would be happy with that. This is how it feels for some people who for example buy the game to play F2 (I'm not one of those guys, but I feel these people), so don't be selfish and only think of yourself bro.

And if you don't mind when updates will come or when this bug will be fixed, than what are you even doing here?

Edited by F1DriverBelgium
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, F1DriverBelgium said:

We pay for a game that's is full of bugs and they don't even fix things immediately, they say: "Ooh we'll wait a few months and then we will fix it." That's so rediculous!!! Can't imagine you even defend them. But you of course you just don't care because you only play online. Try to think about the players who love to play F2 but can't do it properly now, or think about those who want to do a driver career properly to start in F2 and upgrade to F1, but that's not possible either in the way we want and it had to be, instead of being selfish and only thinking about your own. They released an update with F2 2021 that has a bug, so they didn't do there work good. But instead of only having problems there, it also made problems in modes like F2 2020 who were already in the game.

Now 15 DECEMBER they already let us know the issue/bug is fixed and added to the patch, 15 DECEMBER. Today we are 31 December, so which means the fix is there. People are waiting for it already 16 days (and don't forget we payed for this game) but there is nothing happening with the fix, it's just there. Like it's a big deal to just update the game. No, they want to wait until the new patch, rediculous. You just can't justify that! We are in December helooooooo. The game was released in Juli. And we have the right to be angry because it's our money.

So if they made an update but the game won't work anymore at all that you even can't play offline. Image they would say to us that the problem is fixed but they will wait until the new patch to fix it. I don't think you or anyone would be happy with that. This is how it feels for some people who for example buy the game to play F2 (I'm not one of those guys, but I feel these people), so don't be selfish and only think of yourself bro.

And if you don't mind when updates will come or when this bug will be fixed, than what are you even doing here?

I actively try to assist people with their issues. Why do you come?

You're acting entitled (newsflash - all customers are paying customers, you should vote with your wallet), I'm just telling you the line that will be walked by most developers. Most developers write games with bugs. They can see from telemetry how many users use what game mode. There are high profile F1 bugs affecting many users who also paid for the product. Why rush out a fix for a game mode F2 that they can see will be used by less of the userbase? I'm not saying they shouldn't patch the bugs, just that the bugs are not free to patch in terms of time (developer time, getting patch approval) for all platforms. There is a planned cycle of game refreshes (Podium Pass) and there are F1 bugs that are high profile and still unresolved.

1.14 was the last update and F2 was updated (adding F2 2021). It's regrettable that the issues are still there. But adding the features before Xmas was possibly important / impactful on sales, revenues help with patch resources. If the issue is fixed, it will be here in January. 

Demanding it will not make it happen. 

• Disagree 2

I think, that this discussion will not make any affect to the patch release date. That's sad, but they will focus on podium pass things, or any microtransaction things, because it will bring them money, updating the game will not. The only way to tell codies, that we don't like it that way, is to NOT BUY next years game.

But I'm not sure that will work. Maybe when people will not buy this game, they rather will stop making any F1 games, than listen to players. That's sad, but true.

Edited by yrek150