Jump to content Jump to content

Not starting the race in the position I qualified (f2 drivers career)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

I actively try to assist people with their issues. Why do you come?

You're acting entitled (newsflash - all customers are paying customers, you should vote with your wallet), I'm just telling you the line that will be walked by most developers. Most developers write games with bugs. They can see from telemetry how many users use what game mode. There are high profile F1 bugs affecting many users who also paid for the product. Why rush out a fix for a game mode F2 that they can see will be used by less of the userbase? I'm not saying they shouldn't patch the bugs, just that the bugs are not free to patch in terms of time (developer time, getting patch approval) for all platforms. There is a planned cycle of game refreshes (Podium Pass) and there are F1 bugs that are high profile and still unresolved.

1.14 was the last update and F2 was updated (adding F2 2021). It's regrettable that the issues are still there. But adding the features before Xmas was possibly important / impactful on sales, revenues help with patch resources. If the issue is fixed, it will be here in January. 

Demanding it will not make it happen. 

But You don´t help us with our issues. You just deffend codemasters why they can´t upload update with fixes. Every game when they find fix for bug, they make micropatch with fixes. Why it´s not possible in codemasters? Because codemasters wait for big patch with huge content, fixes for bugs but huge content bring next bugs and we will wait next month for next content, fixes and new bugs?

I don´t understand it.

Doesn´t matter for witch part game (whether it plays a lot or few players) is repair ready, If it is ready it should be published.

 

I just try F1 career with start in F2 (no trainnig, one shot qualification and short main race) and I had no problem. (I just try 3 races without sprint, because I don´t want waste time when it doesn´t work again.)

 

BTW: Happy new year to all of you

Edited by JAKUBTRNKA
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JAKUBTRNKA said:

But You don´t help us with our issues. You just deffend codemasters why they can´t upload update with fixes. Every game when they find fix for bug, they make micropatch with fixes. Why it´s not possible in codemasters? Because codemasters wait for big patch with huge content, fixes for bugs but huge content bring next bugs and we will wait next month for next content, fixes and new bugs?

I don´t understand it.

Doesn´t matter for witch part game (whether it plays a lot or few players) is repair ready, If it is ready it should be published.

I just try F1 career with start in F2 (no trainnig, one shot qualification and short main race) and I had no problem. (I just try 3 races without sprint, because I don´t want waste time when it doesn´t work again.)

BTW: Happy new year to all of you

I can't fix a game bug. That's on Codemasters. What I do try to do is separate machine configuration errors or settings issues from real bugs.

I also can't help the fact you don't understand my argument.

Happy New Year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I actively try to assist people with their issues. Why do you come?

You're acting entitled (newsflash - all customers are paying customers, you should vote with your wallet), I'm just telling you the line that will be walked by most developers. Most developers write games with bugs. They can see from telemetry how many users use what game mode. There are high profile F1 bugs affecting many users who also paid for the product. Why rush out a fix for a game mode F2 that they can see will be used by less of the userbase? I'm not saying they shouldn't patch the bugs, just that the bugs are not free to patch in terms of time (developer time, getting patch approval) for all platforms. There is a planned cycle of game refreshes (Podium Pass) and there are F1 bugs that are high profile and still unresolved.

1.14 was the last update and F2 was updated (adding F2 2021). It's regrettable that the issues are still there. But adding the features before Xmas was possibly important / impactful on sales, revenues help with patch resources. If the issue is fixed, it will be here in January. 

Demanding it will not make it happen. 

Assist people with their issues? I don't see that in this report.

And we don't have anything about you saying what 'most developers do'.

You really are just defending codemasters and don't want to understand it. You say: "Why rush out a fix for a game mode F2 that they can see will be used by less of the userbase? I'm not saying they shouldn't patch the bugs, just that the bugs are not free to patch in terms of time (developer time, getting patch approval) for all platforms."

Why rush it? There is no rush at all! The fix is already done 16 day ago? How on earth can you call that a rush? That's rediculous! And we don't care if it's free or not for them, they made a mistake! That's not our problem, it's their problem. So we need to wait a long time for a fix that is already ready, just because it's not for free for them, but we already paid for it and because of a fault they made and not us?!? This can't make less sense dude.

 

I quote you again: "It's regrettable that the issues are still there. But adding the features before Xmas was possibly important / impactful on sales, revenues help with patch resources. If the issue is fixed, it will be here in January."

So now your also saying adding features like F2 2021 could have been important or impactful on sales of F1 2021 but in all your messages before you'r telling us it's not an important part of the game? Come on man, your talking against yourself. Actually you are also just saying that the only thing they care about is money and not at all if a feature is released without bugs. Very well for this information. Now between the lines we can actually read what we didn't want to hear, but we somewhere already new. You are now just confirming what we have been saying, without knowing of wanting.

Also a happy new year to everyone!

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, F1DriverBelgium said:

Assist people with their issues? I don't see that in this report.

And we don't have anything about you saying what 'most developers do'.

You really are just defending codemasters and don't want to understand it. You say: "Why rush out a fix for a game mode F2 that they can see will be used by less of the userbase? I'm not saying they shouldn't patch the bugs, just that the bugs are not free to patch in terms of time (developer time, getting patch approval) for all platforms."

Why rush it? There is no rush at all! The fix is already done 16 day ago? How on earth can you call that a rush? That's rediculous! And we don't care if it's free or not for them, they made a mistake! That's not our problem, it's their problem. So we need to wait a long time for a fix that is already ready, just because it's not for free for them, but we already paid for it and because of a fault they made and not us?!? This can't make less sense dude.

 

I quote you again: "It's regrettable that the issues are still there. But adding the features before Xmas was possibly important / impactful on sales, revenues help with patch resources. If the issue is fixed, it will be here in January."

So now your also saying adding features like F2 2021 could have been important or impactful on sales of F1 2021 but in all your messages before you'r telling us it's not an important part of the game? Come on man, your talking against yourself. Actually you are also just saying that the only thing they care about is money and not at all if a feature is released without bugs. Very well for this information. Now between the lines we can actually read what we didn't want to hear, but we somewhere already new. You are now just confirming what we have been saying, without knowing of wanting.

Also a happy new year to everyone!

I'm not defending Codemasters, merely pointing out the reality of their approach. Of course sales are more important than fixing the game! It's a business.

It's not cost effective nor will it resolve the issues for the majority to push out the F2 fix by itself when there is an established patch cycle. 

Plus, as has been pointed out before it's not unusual for patches to introduce other bugs, but this really boils down to QA. 

I don't need to spell it out for you do I? Okay, I will. Of course adding extra features to a game mode will influence sales! Those who haven't bought yet may well be influenced by the addition of promised features, for them the fix will come sooner if it comes in January  (possibly even the realisation that it is in fact bugged at the present time).

Most players will judge whether or not they will purchase the next iteration may well make that judgement of the final game at the end of the patch cycle and when to purchase that. It may well be that they hold off until the year is complete, but every time people clamour for the information about the new game and still pre-order!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I wanted to use it for the holidays and have now turned to Assetto Corsa which (from 2014) which arguably is not as immersive in the experience as having the official license, but its incredibly challenging and fun, immersive in different ways, plus works incredible in VR. 

I understand all the reasons. But I will probably not come back for F1 2022, ( I mean if they add VR, maybe 🙂 ), its too long to release a patch, many games releases simple patches that don't require to consolidate 25 gb of updates to the game. 

 

Edited by Napojrg
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2021 at 6:13 PM, steviejay69 said:

I'm not defending Codemasters, merely pointing out the reality of their approach. Of course sales are more important than fixing the game! It's a business.

It's not cost effective nor will it resolve the issues for the majority to push out the F2 fix by itself when there is an established patch cycle. 

Plus, as has been pointed out before it's not unusual for patches to introduce other bugs, but this really boils down to QA. 

I don't need to spell it out for you do I? Okay, I will. Of course adding extra features to a game mode will influence sales! Those who haven't bought yet may well be influenced by the addition of promised features, for them the fix will come sooner if it comes in January  (possibly even the realisation that it is in fact bugged at the present time).

Most players will judge whether or not they will purchase the next iteration may well make that judgement of the final game at the end of the patch cycle and when to purchase that. It may well be that they hold off until the year is complete, but every time people clamour for the information about the new game and still pre-order!

Yea indeed those guys who pre-order but complain from the beginning... I also can't understand. Okay somewhere I can because when you release a game it should normally be without bugs, or as less as possible. But everyone knows this is not the case. I bought it on black friday on steam for €12, so not bad 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, F1DriverBelgium said:

Okay somewhere I can because when you release a game it should normally be without bugs

As sad as it is, this has never happened in the whole history of gaming.
I'm not defending any business model, as I'm also quite pained by the delays but
quicker release cycles could introduce even more bugs
just look for new world to see a prime example of that.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whismerhill said:

As sad as it is, this has never happened in the whole history of gaming.
I'm not defending any business model, as I'm also quite pained by the delays but
quicker release cycles could introduce even more bugs
just look for new world to see a prime example of that.

I would argue that taking their time didn't help either; this bug was introduced in the last release, which took months (it was, among other things, the update to the F2 championship...).

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2022 at 6:59 PM, Napojrg said:

I would argue that taking their time didn't help either; this bug was introduced in the last release, which took months (it was, among other things, the update to the F2 championship...).

just look up videos on the atrocious state of Amazon's "new world", it's just worse .... 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think, they are working on a new podium pass stuff more than on the patch, because the patch will not give them money. On the thread about next patch, nobody answers the question "when patch will be released" so I think, it will be released in very very long time, if it ever will be. But that's only my opinion, and I really want to be wrong.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Every single race of my F2 season I would qualify in the top 5 yet always start at best 15th. Now I'm two races into my F1 season and the bug has happened both races. Qualify top 5, start 15th or worse. I've found threads talking about this bug from November yet its still in the game. A dev even talked about having a fix in December. The fact that a bug that has such a negative effect on player experience hasn't been resolved within a month of being found is very upsetting. It feels like the devs just don't care. But why would they, they already got my money!

If anybody has any suggestions or troubleshooting tips that would be greatly appreacitated. This bug has literally occured in 100% of my career races and has absolutely ruined the game for me.

Link to thread from November 29th: https://old.reddit.com/r/F1Game/comments/r537l6/qualifying_bug_in_career_mode/

Link to Dev talking about them having a fix on December 10th: 

Like I stated before, this glitch is game breaking and in my experience has a 100% occurrence rate.

I'm usually not one to complain but at this point this is ridiculous.

Edited by WillBillSquill
Link to post
Share on other sites

Barry said that the devs fixed it, and fix will be released with the next patch. But when the next patch will be released? Nobody knows.

It's also annoying for me, because this bug also is game breaking for me, and I don't play this game since this bug appeared, and I will not, untill the patch will be released.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
8 hours ago, WillBillSquill said:

Every single race of my F2 season I would qualify in the top 5 yet always start at best 15th. Now I'm two races into my F1 season and the bug has happened both races. Qualify top 5, start 15th or worse. I've found threads talking about this bug from November yet its still in the game. A dev even talked about having a fix in December. The fact that a bug that has such a negative effect on player experience hasn't been resolved within a month of being found is very upsetting. It feels like the devs just don't care. But why would they, they already got my money!

If anybody has any suggestions or troubleshooting tips that would be greatly appreacitated. This bug has literally occured in 100% of my career races and has absolutely ruined the game for me.

Link to thread from November 29th: https://old.reddit.com/r/F1Game/comments/r537l6/qualifying_bug_in_career_mode/

Link to Dev talking about them having a fix on December 10th: 

Like I stated before, this glitch is game breaking and in my experience has a 100% occurrence rate.

I'm usually not one to complain but at this point this is ridiculous.

Threads merged.

Please check updates provided, as a fix for this is coming in next patch. We do care!

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically you can't give any update on when its getting fixed? All we get is "next patch"? Wouldn't a bug that has this big of an impact on player experience warrant a hot fix? Sounds a whole lot like "we'll fix it when we fix it". 

I get how I am probably coming off as bitchy right now but I'm just trying to play the game I paid for in the condition it was advertised to me. You know, working condition, not broken.

Edited by WillBillSquill
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...