Jump to content Jump to content

F2 2021

F1Gamer_TV

I understand that F2 2021 liveries were not priority, while Codemasters were struggeling to deliver the new circuits.

But when you get the impression that F2 as such is being neglected in the game, then that is certainly not a good thing / sign. Especially so, because we have already lost the classic cars in this franchise. I guess if Codies had hired 2 young assistants doing graphics, the liveries would long have been done by now. Given how bad the podium pass liveries are, the manpower of the graphic designers certainly was not put into there.

Personally, I dont really give a damn about the F2 cars looks and would say that devs should focus on F2 driveability first (the breaking / downshift correlation is a joke), before doing the new liveries. Then again you could always argue, that graphics artists would not be able to improve the F2 cars handling...

Anyway, as it is now, Codemasters should better get rid of the F2 cars alltogether. I would rather have some more driver avatars available in the game, and maybe another track or two (Turkey), and some more love for myteam mode, and please please please more than 3 save game slots... than having this halfly done feeder series included. The same applies to the story mode imho, but thats another hmm 🙂 story

On 11/19/2021 at 9:04 PM, Schneehase said:

I understand that F2 2021 liveries were not priority, while Codemasters were struggeling to deliver the new circuits.

But when you get the impression that F2 as such is being neglected in the game, then that is certainly not a good thing / sign. Especially so, because we have already lost the classic cars in this franchise. I guess if Codies had hired 2 young assistants doing graphics, the liveries would long have been done by now. Given how bad the podium pass liveries are, the manpower of the graphic designers certainly was not put into there.

Personally, I dont really give a damn about the F2 cars looks and would say that devs should focus on F2 driveability first (the breaking / downshift correlation is a joke), before doing the new liveries. Then again you could always argue, that graphics artists would not be able to improve the F2 cars handling...

Anyway, as it is now, Codemasters should better get rid of the F2 cars alltogether. I would rather have some more driver avatars available in the game, and maybe another track or two (Turkey), and some more love for myteam mode, and please please please more than 3 save game slots... than having this halfly done feeder series included. The same applies to the story mode imho, but thats another hmm 🙂 story

It’s not just the liveries. There’s a big difference in race weekend format compared to 2020, which is way more important than how the cars look.

• Agree 1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, McLarenLad said:

Unbelievable.

So in promotional videos, you say November. In reality, it's "Meh, November if we feel like it". 

I just can't give you a confirmed date right now. Thats the honest answer i'm afraid. 

11 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

I just can't give you a confirmed date right now. Thats the honest answer i'm afraid. 

I appreciate the transparency, but it's hard news to swallow, given what we've originally been told. I'm not directing my angst towards you.

Edited by McLarenLad

1 hour ago, breezyskells22 said:

Well after today there are 2 days left in November before a lot of moaning of missing the timeframe but please bear in mind it's not codemasters fault as it's needs to be checked at Microsoft and Sony 

And even if it SHOULD not come out in November which is not confirmend by any means, its better late and in a better state than on time and bugged - my opinion

What a joke.  No update on ETA for F2.   Just shelve it at this point.   It makes ZERO sense it's released this late in the real F1/F2 season and at this point in the game's release cycle.

The only point in actually making the F2 update now is so they can re-use it in F1 2022 which is also pointless because what logical reason is there to release F1 2022, with F2 2021 included?  I mean it's comical at best that someone on the marketing team thinks this is a logical strategy. 

4 hours ago, Meza994 said:

And even if it SHOULD not come out in November which is not confirmend by any means, its better late and in a better state than on time and bugged - my opinion

Wait; what?!?!  If they were delaying the F2 content to be sure to prevent bugs there's a serious issue then at Codemasters.  It's literally just a series of livery updates and new driver names/models that can only be used in solo grand prix mode and maybe online?   That should not introduce new bugs; nor should it be an excuse.   Then again; given the start of this game on release and even still today; it wouldn't surprise me...

12 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

Wait; what?!?!  If they were delaying the F2 content to be sure to prevent bugs there's a serious issue then at Codemasters.  It's literally just a series of livery updates and new driver names/models that can only be used in solo grand prix mode and maybe online?   That should not introduce new bugs; nor should it be an excuse.   Then again; given the start of this game on release and even still today; it wouldn't surprise me...

Its also training the AI to a certain degree. Possibly implemented into careermode but also possibly not. Coding isnt just always a simple thing, they need to implement a new menu to even choose the 2021 F2.. Every change to code can cause bugs. Codemasters arent doing things perfectly but people love to trashtalk, especially now with covid

58 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

The entire race weekend format changed for 2021. 3 races (2 sprints, 1 feature) instead of 2 races (1 feature, 1 sprint). Different points system, too.

Also, there might be some haggling to do with the teams and drivers about which 2 drivers will represent the teams. MP and Charouz have had 3 drivers, HWA have had 4 drivers and Campos has gone through 5 drivers this season. Nannini has driven for 2 teams. I still remember Niko Kari being in F1 2019 as a driver for MP even though he only did the least two weekends. 

• Agree 1