Jump to content Jump to content

F2 2021

F1Gamer_TV

On 11/28/2021 at 3:01 PM, Sector4 said:

The entire race weekend format changed for 2021. 3 races (2 sprints, 1 feature) instead of 2 races (1 feature, 1 sprint). Different points system, too.

Also, there might be some haggling to do with the teams and drivers about which 2 drivers will represent the teams. MP and Charouz have had 3 drivers, HWA have had 4 drivers and Campos has gone through 5 drivers this season. Nannini has driven for 2 teams. I still remember Niko Kari being in F1 2019 as a driver for MP even though he only did the least two weekends. 

I wasn't aware of those changes.  I actually didn't catch a single F2 race here this year; they used to be on TV but I never saw them on here. 

15 minutes ago, Papaschlumpf95 said:

Well, they announced it big on youtube that the F2 is coming in November and maybe that's why people bought it 😉

Game developers also have to stick to things when they get money

Once developers get our money the only thing they stick to is exploiting more money anyway they can 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Papaschlumpf95 said:

Well, they announced it big on youtube that the F2 is coming in November and maybe that's why people bought it 😉

Game developers also have to stick to things when they get money

I asked which contract though.  Not marketing hype fluff videos.

I was actually curious if the EULA cited the specific dates/times for the extra content promised like the 3 tracks and the F2 update.  If I'm not mistaken it just said they would be delivered during the game's cycle or something to that effect.  I believe that came up in another thread about the release of the tracks.  Of course these "contracts" though love to take all your rights away and hold them harmless for any damages their product may cause, but they always give themselves all the wiggle room in the world to not owe you a thing.  Exactly why they're typically not enforceable by most courts; especially if the product causes you property damage or bodily injury but that's another issue for another day.

Anyways...   I can't find the EULA to read now but I'd be curious to see what it says.  It would be hilarious if the EULA said it would be released by end of November.  If it did it would be alot of fun to throw their own EULA back at them after it was referenced to me earlier when many of us had a game we couldn't play without risking damage to our consoles.   "EULA says we're not responsible; you are"...  be funny to say back.. "EULA says F2 by November 2021; now you are responsible; pay up!"   However, according to that EULA we all "agreed" though to hold them harmless of any damages.    Riiiiiight  For a contract to be valid and enforceable each party needs to have gotten something of value.  They'll claim you have the game to play; you can claim you don't have the content you were promised.   Etc. Etc.

However as already stated; I'm pretty certain the EULA didn't specify a date or time the additional content would be available.  Again; it would be left open ended like that on purpose.  Lawyers...  gotta love em eh?  🤣

Edited by petro1319

Would appreciate it if game developers would admit their mistakes when they screw up, but everything is always kept quiet. I'm not interested in the F2 anyway, but if I make a big announcement video you should stick to it. There you can see how Bugmasters ***** on the community. Just say publicly. takes longer than expected and done. 

• Agree 4

14 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Once developers get our money the only thing they stick to is exploiting more money anyway they can 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you a fairly strong defender of CM and F1 2021? 

Why the seemingly 180 on opinion bud? 

Apologies if I have the wrong person here. 

Edited by Sonic6L

40 minutes ago, Sonic6L said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you a fairly strong defender of CM and F1 2021? 

Why the seemingly 180 on opinion bud? 

Apologies if I have the wrong person here. 

No your not wrong.... I’m a cm fanboy... what I’m not is a defender off ALL developers business practices.  I think they are exploitative and immoral etc etc. 

This year and last I know how hard it has been for all industries and not so quick to blame cm alone for the failings off this years game.   Half my posts pretty much slam developers.  As I passionately believe they have to change their ways... what worries me is within ten years(guess)they will be forced to by regulators... But rather than get ahead and change before that happens.. They are doubling down until that happens.

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 2

At this point I'm just puzzled why Codemasters insist on keeping the F2 series in the game. It's obviously a very, very low priority thing for them. Two years in a row now the DLC has been delayed with no updated ETA and released very late into the year, with the only communication being "We are committed to releasing the Formula 2 DLC". 

I'm sure they can find a way to add F2/F3 drivers into the driver market for Career and My Team without licensing the whole series.

Why not drop F2 if it's this much of a burden to add into the game? 

5 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

At this point I'm just puzzled why Codemasters insist on keeping the F2 series in the game. It's obviously a very, very low priority thing for them. Two years in a row now the DLC has been delayed with no updated ETA and released very late into the year, with the only communication being "We are committed to releasing the Formula 2 DLC". 

I'm sure they can find a way to add F2/F3 drivers into the driver market for Career and My Team without licensing the whole series.

Why not drop F2 if it's this much of a burden to add into the game? 

Nowadays developers don't give a **** about the community and are only out to make money for doing little. In the past, they really put a lot of love into the games. Nowadays, however, only buggte unfinished games come out, because they give a **** on quality, because they can do what they want, because you can not do anything legally. No matter how buggy the game is, you don't get your money back. What I find just brazen 

As much as I absolutely love F2 and I think having it in the game is an absolute must have. It seems like codies just aren’t up to the task of actually getting it into the game on time and it’s too much work, by the time it’s in the game and all the various bugs are fixed, the season will be long over unfortunately. I mean hell I would love it if they went as far adding F3 as I think it’s better to have F3, F2 and then F1 because… why not the cars seem awesome to add to the game but I genuinely don’t think that’s possible without a million delays, bugs, glitches etc 

Edited by XboistonXx

3 minutes ago, XboistonXx said:

As much as I absolutely love F2 and I think having it in the game is an absolute must have. It seems like codies just aren’t up to the task of actually getting it into the game on time and it’s too much work, by the time it’s in the game and all the various bugs are fixed, the season will be long over unfortunately. I mean hell I would love it if they went as far adding F3 as I think it’s better to have F3, F2 and then F1 because… why not the cars seem awesome to add to the game but I genuinely don’t think that’s possible without a million delays, bugs, glitches etc 

I think it’s likely.  That next year F2 with be replaced with women’s series...  FIFA has women’s football now... Even the latest Cricket game has got to great lengths having both male and female games

2 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

No your not wrong.... I’m a cm fanboy... what I’m not is a defender off ALL developers business practices.  I think they are exploitative and immoral etc etc. 

This year and last I know how hard it has been for all industries and not so quick to blame cm alone for the failings off this years game.   Half my posts pretty much slam developers.  As I passionately believe they have to change their ways... what worries me is within ten years(guess)they will be forced to by regulators... But rather than get ahead and change before that happens.. They are doubling down until that happens.

Fair points and I mostly agree bud.