Jump to content Jump to content

F2 2021

6 hours ago, Papaschlumpf95 said:

Nowadays developers don't give a **** about the community and are only out to make money for doing little. In the past, they really put a lot of love into the games. Nowadays, however, only buggte unfinished games come out, because they give a **** on quality, because they can do what they want, because you can not do anything legally. No matter how buggy the game is, you don't get your money back. What I find just brazen 

Agreed. Maximum profit minimum effort. Just look at the Battlefield game. They, dice only took notice when a blacklash takes place. EA being EA the same will happen to codemasters or they will shut codemasters down years down the line. So anybody pre-orders F1 2022 with the bugs £60-£90 next year might as well paint there face like a clown. As basically your allowing yourself to get conned.    

2 minutes ago, Sonic6L said:

Lamb leg or shoulder for me. Not a fan of Turkey. 

Same here...but it is tradition But my sister being awesome also cooks rib off beef and duck.  

But lamb shoulder is soooooo good is the reason I’ll never join the veg munchers

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 1

I expected there'd be one last big update so i'm not too fussed if F2 is late, as long as it comes with something worthwhile (Driver Transfers, Turkey (jokes), etc).   If it doesn't and it's just a standalone 'showpiece' introduction where it's the F2 and a few bug fixes then that's another eyeroll moment.  We all know the drivers are not going into MyTeam, unfortunately. 

Regarding people saying to bin off F2 from the series as it's not 'loved'. I agree it's not given the respect it should be but if they binned it off then they'd also have to bin off MyTeam as there'd be no drivers to hire in the first place!   No idea why people always think the W Series will be a replacement as the driver stats for those ladies would be awful barring one or two. They'd all be like 20 rated.   I get inclusion and diversity so, sure, include them too but not as a replacement. 

• Agree 1
5 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I expected there'd be one last big update so i'm not too fussed if F2 is late, as long as it comes with something worthwhile (Driver Transfers, Turkey (jokes), etc).   If it doesn't and it's just a standalone 'showpiece' introduction where it's the F2 and a few bug fixes then that's another eyeroll moment.  We all know the drivers are not going into MyTeam, unfortunately. 

Regarding people saying to bin off F2 from the series as it's not 'loved'. I agree it's not given the respect it should be but if they binned it off then they'd also have to bin off MyTeam as there'd be no drivers to hire in the first place!   No idea why people always think the W Series will be a replacement as the driver stats for those ladies would be awful barring one or two. They'd all be like 20 rated.   I get inclusion and diversity so, sure, include them too but not as a replacement. 

If they binned F2.  The solution to my team would be a case off giving you drivers market that would have F2 drivers that’s stats would be update when they release the driver updates.

As for the women I fully agree with you.  However.  Have you ever played any FIFA women’s match.  The women are every bit as good as the men.   I know I know... I love watching women’s football as it’s laughable at times ( I’m not sexist it’s just what I see ) air kicks miss kicks and snails pace in comparison to the men.  

So they will rate the women as high as the men but put them in women’s series cars that will be slow.  In current climate better to under rate the cars than the women.  Although it will be a tricky one.  As in football and cricket there’s a woman’s and a mans game.  In Motorsport in general it’s unisex.   So I’d understand cm leaving women’s series out.  But in the current climate do they dare?

1 hour ago, ScaredDuck said:

If they binned F2.  The solution to my team would be a case off giving you drivers market that would have F2 drivers that’s stats would be update when they release the driver updates.

As for the women I fully agree with you.  However.  Have you ever played any FIFA women’s match.  The women are every bit as good as the men.   I know I know... I love watching women’s football as it’s laughable at times ( I’m not sexist it’s just what I see ) air kicks miss kicks and snails pace in comparison to the men.  

So they will rate the women as high as the men but put them in women’s series cars that will be slow.  In current climate better to under rate the cars than the women.  Although it will be a tricky one.  As in football and cricket there’s a woman’s and a mans game.  In Motorsport in general it’s unisex.   So I’d understand cm leaving women’s series out.  But in the current climate do they dare?

There does need to be an increase of available teammates to the marketplace. Whether it's F3, both years of F2 or older drivers. It's only the same 5 or 6 drivers that get promoted on mine which does affect replayability. (Unsurprisingly it's a little narrow-fielded as no AI would/should hire drivers with the stats of Nissany or Samaia)

I don't really play FIFA, but as I remember, you could only play female team against female team?  So, like you said, the high-rankings are based on their own Female stats separate from the males. If you put them against the males then the stats would be lower around 60's and 70s for the better female ones.   The W series is a nice thing, sure... and it would be amazing to see females actually make it into F1 but I cannot envisage a scenario where they're anything more than a publicity stunt (see Carmen Jorda) or trundling around the back of the grid. And that is the best of the bunch like Chadwick. They'd have stats between 20 and 40... if you're being kind.

Long-term in the sport, you could make it mandatory to have a female driver on the team (they were reportedly considering mandatory rookies a few years ago  -  basically drivers that had completed less than a certain amount of races) but then that doesn't become equality as they're not there on the basis of their talent. 

Considering the W series is such a low level formula (around F4 level), the drivers just are going to be far too low to be usable or massively overrated in order to make them less pants. I don't see why they'd include something that would be even less useful than F2 if the problem is that not enough people care about F2 as it is. 

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

There does need to be an increase of available teammates to the marketplace. Whether it's F3, both years of F2 or older drivers. It's only the same 5 or 6 drivers that get promoted on mine which does affect replayability. (Unsurprisingly it's a little narrow-fielded as no AI would/should hire drivers with the stats of Nissany or Samaia)

I don't really play FIFA, but as I remember, you could only play female team against female team?  So, like you said, the high-rankings are based on their own Female stats separate from the males. If you put them against the males then the stats would be lower around 60's and 70s for the better female ones.   The W series is a nice thing, sure... and it would be amazing to see females actually make it into F1 but I cannot envisage a scenario where they're anything more than a publicity stunt (see Carmen Jorda) or trundling around the back of the grid. And that is the best of the bunch like Chadwick. They'd have stats between 20 and 40... if you're being kind.

Long-term in the sport, you could make it mandatory to have a female driver on the team (they were reportedly considering mandatory rookies a few years ago  -  basically drivers that had completed less than a certain amount of races) but then that doesn't become equality as they're not there on the basis of their talent. 

Considering the W series is such a low level formula (around F4 level), the drivers just are going to be far too low to be usable or massively overrated in order to make them less pants. I don't see why they'd include something that would be even less useful than F2 if the problem is that not enough people care about F2 as it is. 

Don’t disagree with anything you’ve said.  I did say it would be tricky as motorsport is a unisex(or whatever the pronoun is these days) sport.  

Ofcourse it will be a publicity stunt.  

I’m a huge advocate off equality.. however equality off outcome is all the rage this days and this is something I’m hugely against.  

Jordan B Peterson is my modern day hero😁

12 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Don’t disagree with anything you’ve said.  I did say it would be tricky as motorsport is a unisex(or whatever the pronoun is these days) sport.  

Ofcourse it will be a publicity stunt.  

I’m a huge advocate off equality.. however equality off outcome is all the rage this days and this is something I’m hugely against.  

Jordan B Peterson is my modern day hero😁

I'd like them to find a way of making it competitive but I think nature might make it too tricky. Currently it is segregated which is good for competition but not the ideal scenario. 

I am all for equality and diversity but for practical reasons. I think when you include people based on certain factors then it isn't too different to excluding them for the same factors. It shouldn't just be a tickbox-based number-quota meeting exercise that they're included, but on the merit of their abilities.  They need opportunities, not to be patronised by being handed stuff.  I'm more against the pay-drivers than I am diversity factors though. 

I confess I don't know too much of his work beyond him being more Conservative in his leanings towards subjects. 

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

So what your saying is that Raghunathan would be higher than almost everyone in the W Series

2B93AF48-B2FD-491B-9DBC-F5FC0F674AAD.webp

3 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Not many people play F2, however F2 is my go to mode, I much prefer it over F1 as the AI is more consistent across tracks. 

4 minutes ago, GoSuarez99 said:

So what your saying is that Raghunathan would be higher than almost everyone in the W Series

2B93AF48-B2FD-491B-9DBC-F5FC0F674AAD.webp 61.26 kB · 2 downloads

I wouldn't have rated him what he was... but basically yeah. 

While Raggy wasn't the greatest driver of all time, he isn't the worst neither. Same with Deledda. He is extremely pony when you put him against the class of F2 but in a race against me? I'd be the one getting lapped.   The W series is an F4 level competition so hard to say what any of them would do about 3 levels up the pyramid. (F3 Regionals, F3 and then F2)

I don't doubt some of them could do a very decent job at higher formulae but Chadwick and Powell are the only ones I can see not looking totally out of place around F2.  Calderon and Florsch aren't bad drivers but they've never pulled up trees on their way up neither, so I can't see how most others would differ from that logic? 

I don't doubt they're talented, yes.  Anywhere near looking like they'll make it to F1?  Only Chadwick and I don't think Williams would ever make that jump for a full-time seat.  At least not for another 3-5 years or so... providing they don't move up the field to be competitive.  

15 minutes ago, Sonic6L said:

Not many people play F2, however F2 is my go to mode, I much prefer it over F1 as the AI is more consistent across tracks. 

I quite like F2 and play it quite often in Grand Prix (especially when you get daily tasks such as Win a Race with Nikita, but you get different results with F2 which I like. There's any one of 10 drivers that win (although usually Tsunoda and Schumacher) whereas F1 was always Merc or Red Bull (usually Hammy) that won.   That being said, I can't deny the mode is not overly utilized but I think that's down to the casual player not knowing who/what the mode is and then the lack of integration of the mode into the game to give it a purpose.  You could do alot with it if there was a drive to do so, but I don't think there is. 

• Agree 2
22 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I wouldn't have rated him what he was... but basically yeah. 

While Raggy wasn't the greatest driver of all time, he isn't the worst neither. Same with Deledda. He is extremely pony when you put him against the class of F2 but in a race against me? I'd be the one getting lapped.   The W series is an F4 level competition so hard to say what any of them would do about 3 levels up the pyramid. (F3 Regionals, F3 and then F2)

I don't doubt some of them could do a very decent job at higher formulae but Chadwick and Powell are the only ones I can see not looking totally out of place around F2.  Calderon and Florsch aren't bad drivers but they've never pulled up trees on their way up neither, so I can't see how most others would differ from that logic? 

I don't doubt they're talented, yes.  Anywhere near looking like they'll make it to F1?  Only Chadwick and I don't think Williams would ever make that jump for a full-time seat.  At least not for another 3-5 years or so... providing they don't move up the field to be competitive.  

I quite like F2 and play it quite often in Grand Prix (especially when you get daily tasks such as Win a Race with Nikita, but you get different results with F2 which I like. There's any one of 10 drivers that win (although usually Tsunoda and Schumacher) whereas F1 was always Merc or Red Bull (usually Hammy) that won.   That being said, I can't deny the mode is not overly utilized but I think that's down to the casual player not knowing who/what the mode is and then the lack of integration of the mode into the game to give it a purpose.  You could do alot with it if there was a drive to do so, but I don't think there is. 

I would think the reason women compete at the lower formula than the men isn’t that they aren’t capable but funding..  lower formulas are less expensive to run over the course off a season.  And as there’s less viewers there’s less sponsors etc.  I am just guessing ofcourse as i know nothing about the women’s series 

1 hour ago, ScaredDuck said:

I would think the reason women compete at the lower formula than the men isn’t that they aren’t capable but funding..  lower formulas are less expensive to run over the course off a season.  And as there’s less viewers there’s less sponsors etc.  I am just guessing ofcourse as i know nothing about the women’s series 

I've considered that already and I don't doubt that is a contributing factor but i'd not go as far as to say it's the reason.  Hence why I included Calderon and Florsch in my opinion as they're two prevalent females who got into the higher formulae and didn't set the world on fire trundling around the back.

I'm not saying the women are bad drivers. I'm just saying they aren't as good as the men.  There's 20 slots available on an F1 grid (21 with MyTeam excluding your created driver) and I cannot see any scenario where, based on pure talent, a female gets in anytime soon. For example, i'll divide next years F1 grid into sections over the next 5 years. 

Be there for next 5 years - Max, Charles, Sainz, Stroll, Mick, Russell, Norris, Ocon, Gasly, Tsunoda

Most likely would still be there if there was a seat available - Perez, Ricciardo, 

Probably retired - Lewis, Bottas, Vettel, Alonso

Decent drivers but the money talks - Zhou, Albon, Latifi and Maz

So, there's minimum 4-5 seats available. Maximum of 10-11 if you took out the ones that would be ageing like Danny and Sergio and those which are there for money (the last section).

So, if I was to choose 10 drivers I think wouldn't be out of place in F1 within 5 Years;

Piastri, Shwartzman, Lawson, Vips, Ticktum, Ilott, Pourchaire, Hauger, Martins, Saucy

Drivers that aren't as young but still have things to prove in F1; Magnussen, De Vries, Vandoorne. 

You could even keep going to drivers of a lesser extent... All drivers that could feasibly turn up in F1 but less expected.

Daruvala, Drugovich, Lundgaard, Doohan, Armstrong, Daruvala, Little Leclerc, Vesti, Collet, etc.

You put a single one of those in the W series and I'd be surprised if they're not a clear Champion. I don't see it going the other way where a female driver has any modicum of success in a male dominated environment.  

Therefore, i'd say money is a factor but the sheer genetic handicap women have is their main impediment.

That being said, i'd want them included because it's a make-believe world inside the game and girls playing the game should have something to represent them too. They should be able to create their own female driver, have a female teammate and be able to win the Constructors in a female team.  I'm just saying that if you want it to be realistic, it's a long journey. 

Edited by SmokyAtom07
I forgot lil' Robby Shwartz
18 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I've considered that already and I don't doubt that is a contributing factor but i'd not go as far as to say it's the reason.  Hence why I included Calderon and Florsch in my opinion as they're two prevalent females who got into the higher formulae and didn't set the world on fire trundling around the back.

I'm not saying the women are bad drivers. I'm just saying they aren't as good as the men.  There's 20 slots available on an F1 grid (21 with MyTeam excluding your created driver) and I cannot see any scenario where, based on pure talent, a female gets in anytime soon. For example, i'll divide next years F1 grid into sections over the next 5 years. 

Be there for next 5 years - Max, Charles, Sainz, Stroll, Mick, Russell, Norris, Ocon, Gasly, Tsunoda

Most likely would still be there if there was a seat available - Perez, Ricciardo, 

So, there's minimum 4-5 seats available. Maximum of 10-11 if you took out the ones that would be ageing like Danny and Sergio and those which are there for money (the last section).

So, if I was to choose 10 drivers I think wouldn't be out of place in F1 within 5 Years;

Piastri, Lawson, Vips, Ticktum, Ilott, Pourchaire, Hauger, Martins, Little Leclerc, Saucy

Drivers that aren't as young but still have things to prove in F1; Magnussen, De Vries, Vandoorne. 

You could even keep going to drivers of a lesser extent... All drivers that could feasibly turn up in F1 but less expected.

Daruvala, Drugovich, Lundgaard, Doohan, Armstrong, Daruvala, Collet, etc.

You put a single one of those in the W series and I'd be surprised if they're not a clear Champion. I don't see it going the other way where a female driver has any modicum of success in a male dominated environment.  

Therefore, i'd say money is a factor but the sheer genetic handicap women have is their main impediment.

That being said, i'd want them included because it's a make-believe world inside the game and girls playing the game should have something to represent them too. They should be able to create their own female driver, have a female teammate and be able to win the Constructors in a female team.  I'm just saying that if you want it to be realistic, it's a long journey. 

Again I don’t disagree with you at all. You’d get on great with Jordan😁

Women are bad drivers.  Over 16 years and well over a million miles many at high speed on the roads without being at fault off any accident ( many hit me,  some on purpose) so I’d say I’m a expert😁

would take cover but only known one female on this site and she never managed to get her f1  game to even open😂

• Disagree 2
22 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Piastri, Shwartzman, Lawson, Vips, Ticktum, Ilott, Pourchaire, Hauger, Martins, Saucy

Daruvala, Drugovich, Lundgaard, Doohan, Armstrong, Daruvala, Little Leclerc, Vesti, Collet, etc.

This is pretty much spot on. 

On 12/1/2021 at 1:07 PM, ScaredDuck said:

I think it’s likely.  That next year F2 with be replaced with women’s series...  FIFA has women’s football now... Even the latest Cricket game has got to great lengths having both male and female games

I’d like to think they’d add Formula 3 before that, because the W series run on an old F3 car chassis, so it’d only make sense to have F3 in the game before W series. In my opinion I think the F1 should have F3 and F2 as well as F1 but hey… one can dream 😂

11 hours ago, XboistonXx said:

I’d like to think they’d add Formula 3 before that, because the W series run on an old F3 car chassis, so it’d only make sense to have F3 in the game before W series. In my opinion I think the F1 should have F3 and F2 as well as F1 but hey… one can dream 😂

Problem is equality and inclusivity now come before sense.

NOTE... Im a strong advocate for equality.  Just not at any cost

2 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Problem is equality and inclusivity now come before sense.

NOTE... Im a strong advocate for equality.  Just not at any cost

I genuinely hope they don’t just shove it in the game for reasons of equality and diversity before any sense, like ah yes win W series, skip F3 and go straight to F2 😂

18 hours ago, XboistonXx said:

They run the current F3 chassis that is also used in other series like Formula Regional European Championship by Alpine and Asian Formula 3. 

3 hours ago, Sector4 said:

They run the current F3 chassis that is also used in other series like Formula Regional European Championship by Alpine and Asian Formula 3. 

Sorry I meant older chassis in relation to the current F3 chassis used in the main Formula 3 championship and not regional 

On 12/4/2021 at 11:16 PM, XboistonXx said:

Sorry I meant older chassis in relation to the current F3 chassis used in the main Formula 3 championship and not regional 

They were both revealed in 2018 (September for the car used by W Series, November for the car used by FIA F3) and first raced in May 2019 (both).

If you meant the F3 cars that Mick Schumacher drove:

fiaf3-1535211891.jpg?itok=rq4xwAEG

They are still used by Euroformula Open and Super Formula Lights, sort of. Dallara made a new version for 2020 like they usually do every few years:

EzkVG8DXoAQCmtg?format=jpg&name=large

The old GP3 cars (below) are now only used for gentleman racing like BossGP or semi-illegal testing by rich FIA F3 drivers.

art-grand-prix-dallara-gp3-16-aer-aitken

Confusing, isn't it? All I know is Dallara is making a bank.