Jump to content Jump to content

F2 2021

F1Gamer_TV

Typically i'd be at work when it comes out so will miss the chance to get straight on it...

I was wondering what they'd do with the colours due to the sheer amount of blue and white. Carlin being Yellow and ART being Orange are interesting takes I don't quite follow. 

Personally, i'd change the map icons (and team identifier colour) for both F1 and F2 to being two colours. A solid circle (like it is now) but then an outline around the outside.  It just makes them more accurate and means they don't have weird colours. 

Merc - Black circle with light blue outline (or vice versa)

Red Bull - Dark Blue circle with yellow outline. 

McLaren - Orange circle with blue outline

Ferrari - Red circle and black outline (more black on the car than white)

Alpha Tauri - dark blue with white outline

Aston Martin - green with pink outline

Haas - White with Red outline

Williams - Blue with yellow outline (minimal amount of conflict with other teams)

Alpine - Blue with Red outline

Alfa Romeo - Dark Red with white outline

Carlin - Blue with lime green outline (close to Dan's car)

UNI Virtuosi - Blue with White outline (like Drugo's car)

Charouz - Keep the Reddy colour with a dark blue outline 

Prema - Red with white outline

MP - White with light blue outline

Campos - white with black outline

HWA - Navy with white outline

Trident - Keep the purpley colour and a red outline - white also okay for outline

DAMS - Navy with light blue outline

ART - Grey with Black outline (not the most enthusiastic but Campos took white and black)

Hitech - Dark Blue circle with yellow outline.  (same as Red Bull)

Included is a table with them showing how they'd kind of look.  I hope that conveys what i'm trying to show. 

image.png.dd83c4cf737712a31ea450ed8fd7c0fa.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, petro1319 said:

I take it we still cant use the F2 2021 drivers in My Team mode; right? 

I know it's not helpful as I don't know the answer but i'd initially assume not. Or, at the very least, not in any existing saves. 

Hopefully we can and I look forward to someone saying i'm incorrect (although I doubt it)

5 minutes ago, Spicey2 said:

TT Leaderboards have times set for 2021 F2 even though i haven't turned a wheel on any track yet.

I imagine it's because the basic functionality of the car is the same as 2020 F2 so the cars all go at the same speed. This means there was no point having a whole new category for something purely aesthetic and therefore any times you, and other people, have set will be valid across both. 

It seems to have confused some of the cheaters as they must think the 2021 cars are much faster and then posted 4 second per lap faster times.

But if the cars are the same then the abu dhabi dry tt times are bugged somehow as trying to match a previous time the new car is off by almost 4 seconds.

I don't understand why we wouldn't just have a clean sheet in tt for the new cars regardless of them being the same performance

Formula has the option to have 22 drivers on the grids as there are 11 teams. My question is, that if we have 22 drivers, will there still be room for spectators. As a racing league we need to know because we stream and commentate on races. It's quite essential.

8 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Typically i'd be at work when it comes out so will miss the chance to get straight on it...

I was wondering what they'd do with the colours due to the sheer amount of blue and white. Carlin being Yellow and ART being Orange are interesting takes I don't quite follow. 

Personally, i'd change the map icons (and team identifier colour) for both F1 and F2 to being two colours. A solid circle (like it is now) but then an outline around the outside.  It just makes them more accurate and means they don't have weird colours. 

Merc - Black circle with light blue outline (or vice versa)

Red Bull - Dark Blue circle with yellow outline. 

McLaren - Orange circle with blue outline

Ferrari - Red circle and black outline (more black on the car than white)

Alpha Tauri - dark blue with white outline

Aston Martin - green with pink outline

Haas - White with Red outline

Williams - Blue with yellow outline (minimal amount of conflict with other teams)

Alpine - Blue with Red outline

Alfa Romeo - Dark Red with white outline

Carlin - Blue with lime green outline (close to Dan's car)

UNI Virtuosi - Blue with White outline (like Drugo's car)

Charouz - Keep the Reddy colour with a dark blue outline 

Prema - Red with white outline

MP - White with light blue outline

Campos - white with black outline

HWA - Navy with white outline

Trident - Keep the purpley colour and a red outline - white also okay for outline

DAMS - Navy with light blue outline

ART - Grey with Black outline (not the most enthusiastic but Campos took white and black)

Hitech - Dark Blue circle with yellow outline.  (same as Red Bull)

Included is a table with them showing how they'd kind of look.  I hope that conveys what i'm trying to show. 

image.png.dd83c4cf737712a31ea450ed8fd7c0fa.png

And option to pick a different colour to your primary team colour in my team

12 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I know it's not helpful as I don't know the answer but i'd initially assume not. Or, at the very least, not in any existing saves. 

Hopefully we can and I look forward to someone saying i'm incorrect (although I doubt it)

Awesome.  Nothing like playing My Team in the F1 2021 game with only 2020 F2 drivers to pick from.   Brilliant idea Codies... AGAIN.   

I assume nobody else has open save slots to even test this?  Another Brilliant decision Codies....   🙄

Did they even change the race format for F2?

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, BarryB said:

Formula has the option to have 22 drivers on the grids as there are 11 teams. My question is, that if we have 22 drivers, will there still be room for spectators. As a racing league we need to know because we stream and commentate on races. It's quite essential.

In the future would be better if they up the player count in a lobby to 22 racers in F2 with two spectators would make your situation more ideal. Plus the added bonus of racing MY team cars with the official F1 cars in custom lobbies online at the host discretion with an on-off setting.

As another suggestion if it's alright @BarryBL please add my team to F2 career at the start where you have to earn funds through sponsors to have enough to move into Formula 1. 

Edited by Chromatic

6 hours ago, Badmayhem said:

Question as I dont know much about F2.

Does one of the Carlin cars have the Red Bull livery?

In the showroom 1 does and 1 dont....seems strange.

Formula 2 teams can use different liveries for their cars.

Daruvala is supported by Red Bull, Ticktum was supported by Williams this season, so their cars looked different. Other teams have slightly different liveries, too. For example at UNI-Virtuosi, Alpine junior Zhou has Alpine colors on his livery while Drugovich, who isn't affiliated with any F1 team, doesn't. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, petro1319 said:

Awesome.  Nothing like playing My Team in the F1 2021 game with only 2020 F2 drivers to pick from.   Brilliant idea Codies... AGAIN.   

I assume nobody else has open save slots to even test this?  Another Brilliant decision Codies....   🙄

Did they even change the race format for F2?

I was going to looks last night to try to see if it is just F1 2020 drivers in a new MyTeam save but I felt I already knew the answer so didn't bother. The save slots thing is incredibly pants though.   I did however delete one of mine this morning to test this and Driver Moves can be disabled in MyTeam now.   But yeah, no F2 2021 drivers in MyTeam. Not a surprise though. 

I can confirm they have changed the race format... and gone above and beyond!    They've included this years AND next years format. So, you know, that's something. 

Further small notes from 2 qualifying sessions and five full length races; 

Pourchaire is massively overpowered. He's took both poles, including one by nearly half a second and then races off into the distance. If I just start race without qualifying then he'll start between 3rd and 6th and be overtaking everyone and finishing way down the road. I like him but it's even more severe than Markelov last year.

Fittipaldi is called Viscaal. That'll get remedied though.

The character models for the new drivers aren't actually that bad. I can actually tell who they should be which is a nice start.

Prema are midfielders all the time. Not sure that should be the case.

Deledda is probably top 5 quickest. That'll need fixing so he gets lapped in 5 lap races.

HiTech suck. They're always at the back, both in the qualifying and the races.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Prema are midfielders all the time. Not sure that should be the case.

I'm guessing NOT since they won the teams' title with 1 weekend to go and their drivers are 1st & 2nd in the championship. 

Why not F2 2021 drivers in Career or My Team? Well, I guess the excuse is that the first season of both modes is set in 2021 and iT WoUlD NoT RePrEsEnT ThE SpOrT AcCuRaTeLy if drivers like Piastri, Pourchaire, Lawson, Vips or Verschoor graduated to F1 in 2021.

But it is just that... An excuse. Either it's somehow complicated and game-breaking to add them into the driver pool or it's a licensing pain in the butt or they want to save that small selling point for next year's game or whatever. It just adds to the feeling that the current season's F2 content is just tacked on due to some contractual obligation, not really integrated within the rest of the game. 

48 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

I'm guessing NOT since they won the teams' title with 1 weekend to go and their drivers are 1st & 2nd in the championship. 

Why not F2 2021 drivers in Career or My Team? Well, I guess the excuse is that the first season of both modes is set in 2021 and iT WoUlD NoT RePrEsEnT ThE SpOrT AcCuRaTeLy if drivers like Piastri, Pourchaire, Lawson, Vips or Verschoor graduated to F1 in 2021.

But it is just that... An excuse. Either it's somehow complicated and game-breaking to add them into the driver pool or it's a licensing pain in the butt or they want to save that small selling point for next year's game or whatever. It just adds to the feeling that the current season's F2 content is just tacked on due to some contractual obligation, not really integrated within the rest of the game. 

Yeah, that was my underlying point!  If any team is the King of the Feeder Series, then it's Prema. They're usually there or thereabouts in every series they participate in.

I've no idea why they shouldn't be available on a new save. I can just about understand existing saves not having them but hard to come up with an excuse for new saves not having them.   I don't think logic can come into it too much as it could be season 10 and it may be the case that i'm bringing in a 35 year old rookie Jack Aitken?  Yeah, not too realistic.   Or the potential logic of bringing in Samaia/Nissany/Sato at any point of the save as they suck donkey danglies and will never make it to the big leagues.

I cannot agree more. It's hard to align the sales pitch of 'Coming in December, the exciting F2 season (that's already basically over) that you've been waiting for!" with the fact it's basically an afterthought that they've shoehorned in so they have a license.   I can get them wanting to hold off a little so they can get things like stats correct but it's December... Generally you know who is a good driver and who isn't by around the 3rd or 4th race in a season.   I generally hold out hope that they're waiting til we got to Next Gen before they focus on proper integration of feeder series but that doesn't help right now with the wasted potential.