Jump to content Jump to content

[Xbox one/series x] Can't install upgrade needed to start F12021. Error 0x8b050033

- When trying to start the game, a popup shows:  "Update needed: you need this update, but we can't get it right now. Try again in a while  (0x8b050033)"

- I tried a complete reinstall of the game, if I am online, the game won't install altogether because of the error with getting the update. When I set the Xbox series X as offline and I can install the game from disc but if I try to start it, I go back to the first point.

- Platform Xbox series X

- Note that I was able to use the game without any issue on the Xbox One

Edited by Mutiny83
  • Administrator
13 minutes ago, Mutiny83 said:

Thanks for the link. I have tried, but there is no additional add-on that I can manually install.
it only shoes the game as Installed

Try a Xbox power cycle. How to do so is below:

Now, here is the tutorial.

• Turn on your console and wait until the startup sequence is complete. Next, press and hold the Xbox button to about 10 seconds or until you see that the front light stops flashing. Once you see this behavior, let go of the power button.
  • After the machine is powered off, wait a full minute before turning it back on. You can also choose to disconnect the power cable from the power source to make sure that the power capacitors are completely drained.
  • Then power on your Xbox One console again and check whether it can boot normally.

Also, ensure you have the right game. Series X has a different game to the Xbox One version

I tried the power cycle, and didn't work.

I unistalled the game, then:

Tried installing the game with xbox online, got message "There's an upgrade [...] 85.9GB [...]" clicked upgrade, the installation start and then stop a couple of times before aborting.

Went offline. Installed from disk and tried to launch it, got error "Go online to finish installing it. (0x87e00018)"

Went online to finish installing the game, got error "You need this update, but we can't get it right now. Try again in a while (0x8b050033)

The disk is labeled Xbox Series X - Xbox One, it should work on both consoles

I have the same issue.

game is labeled Xbox one / Xbox series X

Upgrade doesn’t work. 
Damn. What can we do?

edit:

i reinstalled the game a few times, offline/online, reboot the console with hard reset. Nothing works for me. Can’t believe it. We are on a console in the year 2021 :-((

there are no excuses. 

Edited by Maeferick

So when I try to start up F1 2021 it goes back to the homescreen, when I restart it it shows this message: ‘This game needs an update, but the update can’t be found at the moment. Try again later.’ I’ve tried every solution I could find, like hard resetting the game or redownloading it and many other things. But none of them work, I bought this game the day before yesterday and really want to play it, according to Xbox theres nothing wrong with the servers so I really don’t know anymore. I hope one of you can help me....

Edited by JtGaming08

Hi, just as an update. I contacted Xbox support and did troubleshooting with them for a while. However they found no issues on their side and suggested to get in contact with EA as this seems to be related to downloading upgrade through their servers. EA website says to contact Codemaster… so here I am again. Please advise. Thanks

• Administrator

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. Please copy and paste the template from the below and fill in the answers.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/79610-bug-reporting-template-all-modes/

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, replicate and hopefully solve your issue. Without this, we don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue.

Many thanks
Barry

BarryBL we are providing also info over here: 

we tried both downloading manually (nothing to download), clearing cache, restoring Xbox to default, uninstall game and reinstall it, delete profile and re-load it… contacted Xbox support and they say it’s not an issue on their side. No solution so far. Please advise what to try next.

• Mutiny83 changed the title to [Xbox one/series x] Can't install upgrade needed to start F12021. Error 0x8b050033
  • Administrator
16 minutes ago, Mutiny83 said:

BarryBL we are providing also info over here: 

we tried both downloading manually (nothing to download), clearing cache, restoring Xbox to default, uninstall game and reinstall it, delete profile and re-load it… contacted Xbox support and they say it’s not an issue on their side. No solution so far. Please advise what to try next.

Longshot question, but have you downloaded the Series S/X up scaled version? Did you have F1 2021 on current gen and then upgraded console?

Also, is your console fully updated? The error code translates to a Xbox system issue, possibly a missing update as per Xbox forums:

Troubleshoot system updates on Xbox | Xbox Support

It's not one of our fault codes, but will continue to investigate. 

Also, are you part of the Xbox Insider program?

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Longshot question, but have you downloaded the Series S/X up scaled version? Did you have F1 2021 on current gen and then upgraded console?

Also, is your console fully updated? The error code translates to a Xbox system issue, possibly a missing update as per Xbox forums:

Troubleshoot system updates on Xbox | Xbox Support

It's not one of our fault codes, but will continue to investigate. 

Also, are you part of the Xbox Insider program?

Hi BarryBL,

I have the disc version (labeled Xbox Series X/Xbox One).

I can only install the game IF I set my xbox offline. Once online it gives the download error right away. So I can't download anything. I would imagine that with the disc, comes the non upscaled version that runs also on the Xbox one.

If I try to install the disc with my xbox ONLINE, then the install fails right away (since it tries to fetch the upgrade right away).

Yes, I did buy the F12021 disc and started using on my Xbox One and it run fine until a while ago (haven't tried since, but given that some user report the same issue now on Xbox one, I am not sure I would get much more lucky). The disc again is labeled for both consoles so I expect it to be ok on series X also.

My console is fully updated. I spent part of the morning with the Xbox support and they didn'f find any issue with the system.

The fault code may as well being indicating an issue with EA server, but so far I haven't found a way to get their support and they refer to codemaster for issue with the game. I would imagine you'd have a way of rising this issue with EA as well or perhaps suggest us how to do so.

Edited by Mutiny83
syntax
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
16 hours ago, Mutiny83 said:

Hi BarryBL,

I have the disc version (labeled Xbox Series X/Xbox One).

I can only install the game IF I set my xbox offline. Once online it gives the download error right away. So I can't download anything. I would imagine that with the disc, comes the non upscaled version that runs also on the Xbox one.

If I try to install the disc with my xbox ONLINE, then the install fails right away (since it tries to fetch the upgrade right away).

Yes, I did buy the F12021 disc and started using on my Xbox One and it run fine until a while ago (haven't tried since, but given that some user report the same issue now on Xbox one, I am not sure I would get much more lucky). The disc again is labeled for both consoles so I expect it to be ok on series X also.

My console is fully updated. I spent part of the morning with the Xbox support and they didn'f find any issue with the system.

The fault code may as well being indicating an issue with EA server, but so far I haven't found a way to get their support and they refer to codemaster for issue with the game. I would imagine you'd have a way of rising this issue with EA as well or perhaps suggest us how to do so.

Excellent feedback @Mutiny83.

Can others confirm this, that they started on Xbox One, and then moved to Xbox Series S/X using the same disc, and the game no longer works.

If so, that sounds like a niche error that would be affected a number of the playerbase (you) and would have been hard to find. I'd also need to track someone down internally who has the ability to do the test (One and Series X available), but thats a me problem. If a number of people can confirm the same, I'll get this sent over to the devs and Microsoft, as would be a really interesting one and one we'd really want to get sorted. Have you managed to run the disc at all on the Series X?

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, M477Lew15 said:

No, I bought this brand new and tried to install onto Xbox series x

Can you post your version of events then please as could be separate issues. Using the bug report template will help: 

Add it to this thread