Jump to content Jump to content

[Xbox one/series x] Can't install upgrade needed to start F12021. Error 0x8b050033

Mutiny83

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Excellent feedback @Mutiny83.

Can others confirm this, that they started on Xbox One, and then moved to Xbox Series S/X using the same disc, and the game no longer works.

If so, that sounds like a niche error that would be affected a number of the playerbase (you) and would have been hard to find. I'd also need to track someone down internally who has the ability to do the test (One and Series X available), but thats a me problem. If a number of people can confirm the same, I'll get this sent over to the devs and Microsoft, as would be a really interesting one and one we'd really want to get sorted. Have you managed to run the disc at all on the Series X?

Hi @BarryBL,

yes I can run disc on the series X, other games run ok.

When I installed F1 offline after clearing the cache, I was able to start the game, but many pop ups in the game complain about not being online. Once I go online it fails to download the game and at that point can’t start it offline anymore either. 

I can also start the game offline and the same pop ups and messages appear. If I come out of the game and put the Xbox online again the game quits and I get the update error again.

The version installes off the disk is 1.0.78.4235

Edited by M477Lew15

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, M477Lew15 said:

I can also start the game offline and the same pop ups and messages appear. If I come out of the game and put the Xbox online again the game quits and I get the update error again.

The version installes off the disk is 1.0.78.4235

Great information @M477Lew15 on the version number, it should be this:

20211125160940_1.jpg

There was a update to firmware and to the Microsoft store app, can you confirm these are also done. Is everyone stuck on the same version number? Can you add a copy of what you are seeing on the home screen, similar to mine above please. I'll raise this to microsoft.

• Administrator
Just now, M477Lew15 said:

On the home screen I see version 1.0

The version I have is when I go to manage the game.

Everything else on the console is up to date and other games(including ea ones) are updating fine.

Can you add a screenshot please, just for confirmation, thanks. 

• Administrator

Some extra things to check, as theres been some reports on Xbox Series X. Can you ensure you have Auto Update and Instant On modes enabled?

Below are settings that matter:

• System > Updates > Keep my console up to date: Checked.
  • System > Update > Keep my games & apps up to date: Checked.
  • Power & Startup > Power mode & startup > When Xbox is off, turn off storage: Unchecked (only matters if you have games on an external drive). Are your games on a external drive? Remember, Series X has very specific memory needs and a HDD doesn't cut it. 
  • Power & Startup > Power mode & startup > Power mode; Instant-on selected (not Energy Saving).
  • Trying to start the game with no HDD's connected would help. 

19 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Some extra things to check, as theres been some reports on Xbox Series X. Can you ensure you have Auto Update and Instant On modes enabled?

Below are settings that matter:

• System > Updates > Keep my console up to date: Checked.
  • System > Update > Keep my games & apps up to date: Checked.
  • Power & Startup > Power mode & startup > When Xbox is off, turn off storage: Unchecked (only matters if you have games on an external drive). Are your games on a external drive? Remember, Series X has very specific memory needs and a HDD doesn't cut it. 
  • Power & Startup > Power mode & startup > Power mode; Instant-on selected (not Energy Saving).
  • Trying to start the game with no HDD's connected would help. 

@M477Lew15 good idea posting the game version

@BarryBL I have the same version as M47Lew15 installed on internal HDD. All the other options as you suggested as well

Although probably the version is the same since is the base one that come with the disc? Since we can’t download any upgrade

265F06AE-326A-4E63-86E7-1B36F7303710.jpeg

Edited by Mutiny83
  • Like 1

• Administrator

I'll take a look once I get home on the Xbox One I have, mostly for comparison. You don't have the Xbox one version installed somewhere too do you?

UPDATE: Can you run the Xbox One version, and not the Series X/S version possibly. Just trying to rule everything out. 

3 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

I'll take a look once I get home on the Xbox One I have, mostly for comparison. You don't have the Xbox one version installed somewhere too do you?

UPDATE: Can you run the Xbox One version, and not the Series X/S version possibly. Just trying to rule everything out. 

I probably have the game still installed in the old Xbox one that is now back in the box. I can hook it up again and check which version is that and if that still works. Would this help?

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

I have the same issue on Xbox One Version, so it's not just a Series X/S issue

33 minutes ago, ChrisWharton101 said:

I have the same issue on Xbox One Version, so it's not just a Series X/S issue

Hey @ChrisWharton101 could you check which game version you have installed on the Xbox one? 
Is this the first time you are installing the game? I was able to use it few months back on the Xbox one 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Edited by Mutiny83

9 minutes ago, Mutiny83 said:

Hey @ChrisWharton101 could you check which game version you have installed on the Xbox one? 
Is this the first time you are installing the game? I was able to use it few months back on the Xbox one 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Bought the disc Tuesday, downloaded it yesterday and I have the same version downloaded as you (1.0.78.4235). It's really weird. Edit: Downloaded the game for the first time yesterday and then when opening the game it came up with "update needed" etcetera.

Edited by ChrisWharton101

Got the same issue but in reverse. Bought Valhalla Xbox one - Xbox series X on disc.  I have an Xbox one.  Had to skip update and install from disc. Installed well. Will not update with the same error as above but if I go offline I can play the game just fine.  However as soon as I go online, it kicks me off the game and tries to update throwing the same error.

All above fixes failed.

2 hours ago, dogmangunny said:

Apparently there is a work round on xbox. 

Hi @dogmangunny which workaround did you find? Did you had the same issue we had and worked?

I tried few of the one I could find online but didn’t work and mainly just suggested to turn off completely the consoles from the system menu.

which one did you find? I’d be eager to start using f1 2021 again!

1 hour ago, M477Lew15 said:

I installed the trial from the Microsoft store and it appears to run ok with the disk in...not sure if it will run indefinitely

@M477Lew15 I will build a statue in your honor 😂😂😂

I tried the same and works for me as well: downloaded the trial version from the store which installs the version 1.0.82.4817 of the game and I can play.

in the Xbox setting->all games and apps it still says that the game it’s the trial version even though I have the disc inserted. It would be cool if we can now unlock the trial version and get the full game. Not sure if the trial version has some feature missing or would expire over time

BTW, Is there a way to check if we are running the upscale Xbox x version or the one?

@BarryBL this temporary fix seems working. Maybe this additional info would help part of the debugging. tagging you just in case

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Mutiny83 said:

I tried the same and works for me as well: downloaded the trial version from the store which installs the version 1.0.82.4817 of the game and I can play.

in the Xbox setting->all games and apps it still says that the game it’s the trial version even though I have the disc inserted. It would be cool if we can now unlock the trial version and get the full game. Not sure if the trial version has some feature missing or would expire over time

BTW, Is there a way to check if we are running the upscale Xbox x version or the one?

@BarryBL this temporary fix seems working. Maybe this additional info would help part of the debugging. tagging you just in case

No, thank you for the tag and thanks @M477Lew15 for the workaround. I'll pass this onto Microsoft and the team, as it a very strange workaround and shouldn't be happening. 

If you are running the upscale, with have X/S in the bottom left of the tile in 'My games and Apps'. To confirm, you can play the FULL game after installing the trial as normal.

37 minutes ago, Mutiny83 said:

I've installed the trial but it isn't working for me though. 

40 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

No, thank you for the tag and thanks @M477Lew15 for the workaround. I'll pass this onto Microsoft and the team, as it a very strange workaround and shouldn't be happening. 

If you are running the upscale, with have X/S in the bottom left of the tile in 'My games and Apps'. To confirm, you can play the FULL game after installing the trial as normal.

Great I do have x/s at the bottom left. 
Also in the file info it does recognize as the console as XboxGen9… while until yesterday it was always showing Xbox one with the version installed from disc.

if I don’t insert the disc it loads the trial only, which makes sense. If I insert the disc and then launch the game I see the full version.

@ChrisWharton101 which version of the game you get installed with the trial? Also, I did uninstall f1 2021 before installing the trial version

Edited by Mutiny83

5 minutes ago, Mutiny83 said:

Great I do have x/s at the bottom left. 
Also in the file info it does recognize as the console as XboxGen9… while until yesterday it was always showing Xbox one with the version installed from disc.

if I don’t insert the disc it loads the trial only, which makes sense. If I insert the disc and then launch the game I see the full version.

@ChrisWharton101 which version of the game you get installed with the trial? Also, I did uninstall f1 2021 before installing the trial version

That might be it, I didn't uninstall it, I'll try again and see what I get

• Agree 1