Jump to content Jump to content

Some ideas

atonium83

It would be really interesting to be able to pilot historic rally cars such as Peugeot 504, 106/205 Rallye, Renault 5 Turbo, Alpine A110, Citroën Xsara and Saxo, Citroën Visa and BX 4x4, Ford Cortina Lotus (and I must forget many) and to enjoy African and English rallyes as well as rally raid races such as Paris Dakar, for example .... that would bring only more pleasure and interest to a game that has already plenty of both, and would be only in line with former dirt games (especially the first and second instalments)
Yeah there is already assistance but I think that Dirt rally an be a very good simulation if assitances are more realistic. 

For the Tarmac, I play a lot at Assetto Corsa and Rfactor 2 and the feeling on tarmac is very different, on dirt rally I've got the impression to drive a GT3 or GT2 car with a big down force... 
atonium83 said:
Yeah there is already assistance but I think that Dirt rally an be a very good simulation if assitances are more realistic. 

For the Tarmac, I play a lot at Assetto Corsa and Rfactor 2 and the feeling on tarmac is very different, on dirt rally I've got the impression to drive a GT3 or GT2 car with a big down force... 
Well, AC and RF2 are quite different titles.
IMO, AC is a bit lacky on grip sometimes. Overall is good as well as FFB is.

RF2 is one of the most pure manifestations of physics. Tyre model is very complex and reflects/simulates quite good behaviors very to the reality: blistering, rubber accumulation,...

What I notice on both titles is driving in straight line the wheel is "alive", thanks to canned effects and other stuff I guess. And its very hard to work with the center zone of the wheel, usually a bit weak until passed 20º first degrees.

Dirt Rally is just flat yet on this way; it would be nice to get something closer to what those two "games" offer on tarmac.
atonium83 said:
Multiple suggestions before the final release

-  Multiple choice of tyre (Snow, Tarmac, Gravel...)
 - Physic improvement for Tarmac stages (Germany and Monte-carlo)
-  Longer stages
 - Dynamic Weather
-  Assistance between stages
I would like to vote for the first 4, of the five suggestions. :)

But i voted for longer stages, since that is the most important to me and i'm sure the tarmac physics will get updated/fixed anyway.
Of'cos, i'm sure some of the others will come in time also.
-  Multiple choice of tyre (Snow, Tarmac, Gravel...)
      This could be done, I've suggested it before, but nothing seemed to come of it. I only say it could be done because they do have multiple tire types, but don't let you choose.
 - Physic improvement for Tarmac stages (Germany and Monte-carlo)
     Physics are going to need another overhaul, and they said they might work on V3 physics after launch.
-  Longer stages
     This is an engine limitation, keep in mind this engine is now archaic compared to how long most developers use their same engine.
 - Dynamic Weather
      Engine limitation, and I believe KickUp said the stages aren't quite long enough for them to really need dynamic weather.
-  Assistance between stages
      Not entirely sure what you mean here.

Archived