Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[OFF TOPIC] Sebastien Loëb Rally EVO devs

Fair play, good effort - I'm yet to see handling that I'm convinced by but looks like decent design - have they said how long the stages will be, or just that there will be about 350km total in game?

Fair play, good effort - I'm yet to see handling that I'm convinced by but looks like decent design - have they said how long the stages will be, or just that there will be about 350km total in game?
"Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo #SLRallyEVO will have 64 stages in total , 5 rallycross , 300 km of track you can go in the opposite direction . The stages may extend over 10km."

https://www.facebook.com/SLRallyEvo/posts/661978210611188?comment_id=662944600514549&reply_comment_id=663053123837030&total_comments=3&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R2%22%7D

At least that section of San Remo doesn't seem to be too far off as far as width goes. Maybe it's just the beta state of the game, but it looks like they got rid of all the bumpiness.

function9 said:
At least that section of San Remo doesn't seem to be too far off as far as width goes. Maybe it's just the beta state of the game, but it looks like they got rid of all the bumpiness.
That's what I was going to say. The layouts look really well replicated, but all the stages seem too smooth. And although it was difficult to tell from the video as the guy couldn't drive around a corner without crashing, but the handling still doesn't look great. I hope they can turn it around though

Some very nice cars in this trailer(Fiesta R2 and R5,GT86-R3,Clio Williams!).Shame that filling Bernie's pockets is Codemasters priority...

got to say I think the vid looks very promising, hope it drives well.

Sweden from Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo
https://www.facebook.com/SLRallyEvo/posts/666062363536106

I'm just gonna stick the following quote in here so that we can all get together and have a laugh at the end of January: 

"Gameplay will be ultra-realistic and thay are coming soon! Stay tuned"

Graphics wise it looks pretty good, but the track is still way too clean and smooth. Needs random bumps and grooves.

I'm just gonna stick the following quote in here so that we can all get together and have a laugh at the end of January: 

"Gameplay will be ultra-realistic and thay are coming soon! Stay tuned"

Just wait for Sweden in DiRT Rally if you wanna see how Swe stages should looks .... ;) 

Is it just me or does the modelling on the cars of SLRE look off?
Nah I also think some of them look oddly shaped and are of PS2 quality overall.

However they still have these two...

You mustn't have looked at PS2 graphics in a while.  :p
Car model wise, I'd say it's in the Forza Motorsport 4 area of Xbox 360 Graphics standards

Creates car simulator in year 2015 -> can't be bothered to improve physics -> make stages flat to compensate for rudimentary physics -> claim it's "ultra realistic" because they used google maps -> sell for $60

Not to sound harsh, but come on. The price of this game is insanely inflated most likely because of all the licensing that's gone into it and they've sacrificed the quality of their game as a result. Then they lure in people by claiming it's an ultra realistic simulator. WRC 5 and SLRE need to learn what those terms mean. I'd pay maybe $20 for this.

I haven't seen a lot, but graphics-wise SLRE looks good, physics-wise, that's another subject...

BrySkye said:
You mustn't have looked at PS2 graphics in a while.  :p
Car model wise, I'd say it's in the Forza Motorsport 4 area of Xbox 360 Graphics standards
In reality I didn't in a while, my PS2 is collecting dust right now in fact. :D
I used that term loosely, they don't look that bad but certainly not at the level of the best visuals games can achieve nowadays.

Is this game and WRC 5 based on the same engine? I am guessing Milestone licensed their engine to Kylotonn, but I haven't seen anything about it.

Looks like they got the Toyota license, I am guessing it was exclusive and that is why CM couldn't get it?

enamel said:
Is this game and WRC 5 based on the same engine? I am guessing Milestone licensed their engine to Kylotonn, but I haven't seen anything about it.

Looks like they got the Toyota license, I am guessing it was exclusive and that is why CM couldn't get it?
If they're the same engine, then let's hope that Milestone did a better job with it, because WRC 5 looks like complete anus, and it's very poorly optimised. 

enamel said:

If they're the same engine, then let's hope that Milestone did a better job with it, because WRC 5 looks like complete anus, and it's very poorly optimised. 
WRC 5 looks/sounds very similar to WRC 4, so I think they are using the same engine.  SLRE looks slightly better but also maybe a modified engine of the old WRC games.  Given they had 4 years to try and make a decent rally game and failed over and over, I just can't get excited for SLRE.  I'd love to be surprised but given their track record I doubt I will be.  I couldn't even play WRC 4 cause it didnt support my Clubsport wheel and they never patched it.  Thank jeebus for Steam refunds.

enamel said:
Almost certainly not. Toyota's in lots of games being released at the moment, including the Celica (Need for Speed, Forza 6 (ST185 and ST205), SLRE).
It was via a department of Toyota that we found out they would be in SLRE, before an official announcement, and their line was that they were unaware of Codemasters having ever been in contact with them.

In fact, here's the Celica ST185, in rally trim, in Forza 6 that was released just last month.
Looking rather nicer than SLRE as well it must be said.
Always a credit to the Forza users able to make replica skins like this using just the games built in tools, even if things like fonts are often not quite right. 
The fact that Turn10 could feature parts that allow you to recreate the Group A look is pretty definitive that there isn't an exclusivity deal with Milestone.

We don't know why CM couldn't get it and we probably never will,
But it's more likely to be financially motivated or quirks like they don't want to be in a PC exclusive game or one branded as Early Access.
Could even have been a matter of talking to the wrong people at the wrong time.

An exclusivity deal would have to be at the very bottom of the pile though.
Quite frankly, what dev could justify paying Toyota the extra for an exclusive deal to cars that haven't raced in over 20 years?
Let alone when they have no association with the personality the game is named for?

ramPage16 said:
Not that I expected much from them, but man the stages in their trailer look awful. Literally just flat roads.
Apparently they're 1:1 creations of real life roads. I'll be the judge of that with the UK stages 
I shall join you aswell its annoying seeing WRC games and they say drive on the Great Orme, i live 5-10 mins away from the Great Orme and i know theres no trees each side of the stage or any trees at all there its all coast and cliff faces, I havn't got much hope for this anyway as its Milestone making it they have a habit of releasing unfinished broken games and release 1 or 2 patches if your'e lucky. I'll see what it's like when they bring out