DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[OFF TOPIC] Sebastien Loëb Rally EVO devs

I just think they should be careful when promising people a simulation when it's going to inevitably disappoint people they get to believe them. It might be a simulation in some respects, in regards to visual authenticity, but when on the topic of driving games, it's fair to say that when you say that the game is a simulation, most people will think of physics first, and appearance later.  

Because this is the Dirt forum, most of us will have high standards as far as rally games go.  The majority of folk wouldn't know a driving sim if they tripped and fell over it unfortunately.  Some people even bought WRC 5 !!  :#

I just played WRC5 (a friend of mine has it) and it is an aquired taste. I must say it excels at simulation, if you like vacuum cleaners simulators.

Procver said:
I just played WRC5 (a friend of mine has it) and it is an aquired taste. I must say it excels at simulation, if you like vacuum cleaners simulators.
The only reason I skipped this mockery of a game is for its flat pancake handling and the turbocharged vacuum cleaners. ( Ridiculously spitting 24-bits fire to show how serious the devs were onto the game)...

I cant understand why they publish such poor video, showing that poorly modeled car doing clumsy moves at low speed... 

if the aim was to create hype, its a tremendous fail.

Again, we have to wait until DR and SLRE are finished. But I think DR will be an overall better title and more interesting. Games dont change 180º at 50-90% of EA... so what we see now is mainly what we will get.

WRC 5 its done... maybe it has its own public (not me, of course) despite all. Looks decent and is playable on console, and its WRC "signed" so many people will enjoy it.

as with any game there is Dev vision i call it and there is Gamers vision. often they dont match.

the good devs will listen and adjust or take note the bad ones will just carry on regardless and their baby ends up going down the pan.

videos for launch are vital.many games i know of or tested didnt realize the importance and i have seen mega big budget titles fail through simple things that should of been done that anybody would know. really does mystify me sometimes how some even get the jobs.

as to which will be better who knows. marketing who hits console hardest will yield biggest sales probably.

thats the sad thing now. its not word of mouth or legit reviews mainly viral marketing shit games that gets them sold.

I would argue that word of mouth and customer reviews are at a high point now. In the past, you had to rely on the press for reviews, who obviously had a vested interest to give higher scores to their advertisers, whereas now there is no filter between users and other users.

Look at the perception of DR and F1 2015; I'd argue that both are based on the transparency of word of mouth/keyboard.

dgeesi0 said:
well explain shitty EA GAMES :D..................
I don't know many EA games, but the FIFA team really had to up their game a few years ago as they were losing ground to Pro Evo year after year due to peddling an awful game but it becoming more and more transparent.

OzoreXS said:
I cant understand why they publish such poor video, showing that poorly modeled car doing clumsy moves at low speed... 
When was the last time you watched DiRT Rally trailer..? :)

OzoreXS said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usybmxQzxvQ

if you not prefer what you see on this video, you are in wrong place....

(close the door when you leave)

Meanwhile another trailer pops up, this time advertising the Suzuki Escudo PP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvrpFhk9-EM

TPJP said:

I hate to keep bashing one thing over and over again, but man that game looks so bland it could pass as a title made for arcade machine hardware in your local cinema. 

TPJP said:

SLRE a cross-platform rallying sim, from the Sega to PS2

There are screens of their repair screen on BSR; must say I like the concept of repairing specific items rather than individual percentages. Maybe 'patch up' and 'replace' options would be my ideal.

Being serious about the comparisons, it does make me think of a remastered version of the original Colin McRae DiRT where everythings been touched up and sharpened.
But the original DiRT is 8 years old now. A barely 2nd generation X360/PS3 game, so you'd expect something rather more impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EUMutZ1rTU

It's not that DiRT Rally is a million times better from what we see around the track (though the DR cars do look a lot better), but DR isn't really a next gen game.
Is SLRE targeting 60fps on Xbox One and PS4? Pretty much the only reason I can think for the graphical standards.

Edit: Nope, 30fps on consoles.

OzoreXS said:
OzoreXS said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usybmxQzxvQ

if you not prefer what you see on this video, you are in wrong place....

(close the door when you leave)
I didn't mean graphics or sound quality but you can see a LOT of  "clumsy moves" in this trailer on low AND high speed. :)

TPJP said:

0:15 in that video. If it were DR, the car would've been sent to the moon already, along with a puncture along the way xD Barely any reaction in SLRE. I think that's a "nice" information about physics there.

But seriously, those graphics... for crying out loud, 30FPS on PS4 and Xbone with that? DriveClub is running at constant 30FPS, never even thinking about dipping below, and a lot of the footage would make you question if it's a game or real photo. With SLRE I'm wondering if this game is an experiment of seeing how good animals are at making games... scratch it, let's not insult animals, the level of crapness there (as in SLRE) is too high.