Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[OFF TOPIC] Sebastien Loëb Rally EVO devs

JZStudios said:
Darhour said:
Honestly, sorry to criticise your attitude but you seem to be completely intolerant with people's opinions and incapable of accepting people's attitude. Your emotions do really overshadow your logical way of thinking as you lack empathy with people. This means you whine a lot as your arguments are outrageous and I have been noticing that. We no longer need that to conduct a discussion or to live as decent and respectful human beings. If you do not appreciate a situation, try not to mingle it with your personal situation.

Do not get offended by certain misunderstood policies.
I made a simple statement that the Steam refund, and Steam itself sucks. Then everyone got all weird on me. I don't understand how everyone can apparently just look at a game or read poor reviews and just know they'll like the longevity of it. It makes no logical sense. Almost everything else you spend money on you can preview it in some way, you can't do that with a game without playing it. Unless it's something like bear simulator, I'm going to spend a little bit of time getting used to how the game plays and the story moves. It's like trying to figure out if you like the BF4 multiplayer after 2 hours, you're still going to suck. It doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe I just suck at games, but I want a bigger window than 2 hours so I don't get screwed out of money. But apparantly that's only something an idiot would do. So yeah, I'm a whiny narcissistic idiot. Continue along with the discussion of this crap game that only recently got a demo, so people can try it without being screwed out of their money.
Also, I'm intolerant, when I just say I'd like a bigger window and three different people jump on me? Sure, okay. I guess I'm also intolerant when I now refuse to buy another Thrustmaster product after I spent nearly $400 on accessories and 2 wheels that both killed themselves, also priced at $400. I see you're point, being screwed out of massive amounts of money is super fun.
What if I told I never bought games in my entire life from EA, Ubisoft, and from those greedy companies because I do not support them when I really look deep down reviews, gameplays, channels that get sponsored by those companies; the truth about them is dire when they develop such silly profiteered from games that force you to upgrade your PC every single time. I am still in deep touch with older games that were released on PS1 and PS2 because they were really good games technically not visually. They had plots, they had philosophical views within them not just like any mediatic mainstream fused games that we are seeing now with MP and online features stuck to their arses in order to ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE! 

You should understand that modern technology that we have access to is introducing us to a new capitalism, neo-capitalism, which is related to video games, computers and hi-tech stuff! My advice to you is to choose wisely what to play! 

Kakkela said:
JZStudios said:
Darhour said:
Honestly, sorry to criticise your attitude but you seem to be completely intolerant with people's opinions and incapable of accepting people's attitude. Your emotions do really overshadow your logical way of thinking as you lack empathy with people. This means you whine a lot as your arguments are outrageous and I have been noticing that. We no longer need that to conduct a discussion or to live as decent and respectful human beings. If you do not appreciate a situation, try not to mingle it with your personal situation.

I made a simple statement that the Steam refund, and Steam itself sucks. Then everyone got all weird on me. I don't understand how everyone can apparently just look at a game or read poor reviews and just know they'll like the longevity of it. It makes no logical sense. Almost everything else you spend money on you can preview it in some way, you can't do that with a game without playing it. Unless it's something like bear simulator, I'm going to spend a little bit of time getting used to how the game plays and the story moves. It's like trying to figure out if you like the BF4 multiplayer after 2 hours, you're still going to suck. It doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe I just suck at games, but I want a bigger window than 2 hours so I don't get screwed out of money. But apparantly that's only something an idiot would do. So yeah, I'm a whiny narcissistic idiot. Continue along with the discussion of this crap game that only recently got a demo, so people can try it without being screwed out of their money.
Also, I'm intolerant, when I just say I'd like a bigger window and three different people jump on me? Sure, okay. I guess I'm also intolerant when I now refuse to buy another Thrustmaster product after I spent nearly $400 on accessories and 2 wheels that both killed themselves, also priced at $400. I see you're point, being screwed out of massive amounts of money is super fun.

I'll let everything else pass, but SLRE had demo before it got released. I know because I drove it then...
On PC? I remember a bunch of people complaining that it didn't. See, this word of mouth thing gives all sorts of misinformation.
JZStudios said:
It's like trying to figure out if you like the BF4 multiplayer after 2 hours, you're still going to suck.
Yes, aside from the fact BF4 is only available through Origin which gives you 24 hours to refund it after you first launch the game (within 7 days from purchasing it). Steam on the other hand gives you 2 hours of playtime within 14 days of purchase to make a 100% surefire refund. If you played more, they will look at the case and decide then.

Seriously, Steam isn't perfect, but it definitely doesn't suck. Your precious gog.com (which is great btw) provides a 30 day refund but... only if the game doesn't work (technical issues aka bugs preventing the game to work at all, not unable to setup a sim-rig). Any other reason won't give you a refund.
I don't really know about the origin store. I only bought BF4 after I got like  400 hours on it on my friends PS4. I really just hate the idea of steam in general. GOG.com I like because it's completely DRM free and doesn't require other software to play a game. Online, offline, I can move it wherever I want without having to reset settings, it's like actually owning the disc. The only things I've bought are the Witcher series and Freespace 2. Of which Freespace 2 I had a demo disc of that came with a joystick a long time ago. The Witcher 3 I got for free with my GPU, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bought it, and just assumed it was an overhyped RPG, as I don't like most RPGs. Games seriously either need a demo, or a slightly bigger time window. Origins 24hours/week thing is actually pretty good, I'm happy with that.
Darhour said:
JZStudios said:
Darhour said:

What if I told I never bought games in my entire life from EA, Ubisoft, and from those greedy companies because I do not support them when I really look deep down reviews, gameplays, channels that get sponsored by those companies; the truth about them is dire when they develop such silly profiteered from games that force you to upgrade your PC every single time. I am still in deep touch with older games that were released on PS1 and PS2 because they were really good games technically not visually. They had plots, they had philosophical views within them not just like any mediatic mainstream fused games that we are seeing now with MP and online features stuck to their arses in order to ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE! 

You should understand that modern technology that we have access to is introducing us to a new capitalism, neo-capitalism, which is related to video games, computers and hi-tech stuff! My advice to you is to choose wisely what to play! 
EA still puts out good games. I mean, things like Assassins Creed I lost interest in after the third or fourth game? One of them was really short. I think the only reason Black Flag did so well was because it finally introduced something other than "there's a guy, let's him. and then that guy, I guess" So, a lot of the games are pretty copy/pasted, but when they get a new IP it's usually pretty good, and I'm still looking forward to BF5.

The company may be greedy, but sometimes I like pretty games with new storylines. I can only beat a game so many times before I get bored. I still can't just magically tell what the games going to actually play like, and I don't want to rest on indie devs. No Mans Sky right now looks really interesting to me, a true open universe, and I can go in and do whatever I want whenever I want, but if I get the game and only play for a couple hours and just end up getting really bored or don't like the controls then I'm basically stuck. It's one thing if the game flat out doesn't work, but if an overhyped mediocre game (Titanfall pops in mind) then I'm just kind of screwed. The gameplay looked good, but when I jumped in it was just... average. Combined mostly with an entirely multiplayer system while the majority of playing forces are AI.....

JZStudios said:
On PC? I remember a bunch of people complaining that it didn't. See, this word of mouth thing gives all sorts of misinformation.
At first it didn't, as in demo for consoles appeared but not for PC, which is why the complaints came. Then they released for PC as well. I noticed you have a habit of misunderstanding a lot of stuff and giving out misinformation as a result.

Here, SLRE page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/355060/

There's a nice juicy button called "Download Demo".

PS. Once you activate the game on Steam, you can play it offline. It's like having a library of games, not just a disc with a game.

JZStudios said:
At first it didn't, as in demo for consoles appeared but not for PC, which is why the complaints came. Then they released for PC as well. I noticed you have a habit of misunderstanding a lot of stuff and giving out misinformation as a result.

Here, SLRE page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/355060/

There's a nice juicy button called "Download Demo".

PS. Once you activate the game on Steam, you can play it offline. It's like having a library of games, not just a disc with a game.
I did say recently. Not that it doesn't. Sure I can play offline, but I still need Steam. With GOG I just need the website to get the installation files.

It doesn't matter if its "recently" or not, it was before PC release and that's what matters.

Most people think steam as handy bonus as it keeps your games updated, sync some setting files and is good communication channel. Steam as an DRM is non-issue.

gheeD said:
xkevlarx said:
gheeD said:
Thought i'd post this here as I thought it would be fitting for comparison, me trying 2015 35km Ouninpohja in RBR (RSRBR) for the first time. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zld7q8B4gvk

Very nice. Where did you get the Finnish pacenotes? Miikka Anttila isn't it? I once had notes by Jarmo Lehtinen, but I've lost them and old links are dead.
Yeah its Miikka Anttila. I got them here: http://vauhtimurot.blogspot.fi/p/porridge.html
GheeD, how do you get them working?  I have various pacenotes, but can't get anything that's not pre-packed with the Pacenotes Manager to work?  All I want is NumNotes, the detail in the standard notes is poor!!

You need to extract the audio.dat with datttool http://www.kegetys.fi/dattool-v1-01/ and then browse inside the audio-folder till you see Audio-folder (notice the capital first letter) and cut and paste that to the rbr root folder and it will overwrite the audio folder and create audio structure which can be read by the game. Also rename the audio.dat. After that you can install the pacenotes package you like, just by copying the audio to the root of rbr.

But if you need just simple numnotes here's an alternate automated installer for them:

http://www.kegetys.fi/numeric-pacenotes-for-rbr/

Iv decided that RBR is still enjoyable.  The newer stages are nice, long & technical!

Any fun Leagues to enter?  Something fairly casual?

KevM said:
Iv decided that RBR is still enjoyable.  The newer stages are nice, long & technical!

Any fun Leagues to enter?  Something fairly casual?

There's one active at http://www.reddit.com/r/simrally ran by awesome Deadstump
It's 4 stages (BTB and vanilla) weekly with different NGP cars every time.

I think I have missed the deadline for that one @Kakkela , but Il run the stages & post my Novice times here just to see how they compare (bad I'm sure). RWD in RBR isn't as intuitive as good ole DiRT :)

There were no RWD physics coded into RBR, so RWD cars in RBR are actually FWD cars flipped around backwards.

enamel said:
There were no RWD physics coded into RBR, so RWD cars in RBR are actually FWD cars flipped around backwards.
Yeah I remember that. It's always worked like crap. To me that is DR greatest achievement, RWD cars actually behaving like RWD cars :)

The rwd NGP cars aren't too bad as far as RBR goes, but yeah, in the current company, D:R makes them feel very basic & dated in comparison.

Here's a preview of Milestone's Rossi The Game, which features rally special stages at Monza and elsewhere (Rally is 3rd thing in the video): http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Valentino-Rossi-The-Game-overview-video

Just watched the video...  ummm... its a bit skitzo with all the disciplines.  I HATE BIKES in sims, I'm sorry they just don't work right.  Too much physical movement in riding a bike to simulate it on screen with a controller.  Only ever done correctly in the arcade.

Anyhow, the title looks like crap, weird crap too...  JFI (just flush it)

Agreed on the bikes, it's better than it used to be, but the head cam?  Have any of the devs ever ridden a bike?  Not enough lateral movement, i would just crash all the time due to lack of feeling.

JZStudios said:
I actually really want one of those bike arcade machines.
The experience isn't perfect, but with VR an controlled fan, you would be getting there

gfRally said:
JZStudios said:
I actually really want one of those bike arcade machines.
The experience isn't perfect, but with VR an controlled fan, you would be getting there
Haha, yeah, put a big dumb fan in front of my face. :P My room is stupid hot anyways.

So I picked up a Basheboards CPX adapter to connect my Fanatec pedals directly to my Thrustmaster wheel.

For this reason I've put SLRE through it's paces just out of curiosity and it's really astonishing how a developer can f*ck things up so bad and just leave it dead stranded after just a few weeks.

In one way I'm actually a bit surprised as deep down this stinking pile or turd, there are actually traces of a descent physics engine. The horrible sounds, the many technical fu*k ups still makes this game unbearable.

• Graphics wise it's hit and miss - At certain points the game ahchieve a realistic look with good lightning but it often falls flat. Some of the car models look great but some of them are strangely shaped. 
  • Stages - There are more of them than in DR and they are narrow and quite enjoyable. Much better than in the WRC-games. However, IMO they have a generic feel to them. There are few spectators and they feel a bit lifeless and flat. 
  • Sound - I don't think I need to say much here. It's horrible, plain and simple. Abysmal. Pathetic. My girlfriend asked what the f*ck was that sound when the so called anti lag kicked in.
  • Physics - If you can get the game to run with 60FPS and as long as you stick to FWD/4WD they are actually pretty good. A bit more on the slippy side than DR on gravel and snow, but or tarmac the cars feel tighter and more responsive than in DR. Particularly the 208PP feels more like I'd expect on tarmac, even after the latest DR patch. RWD cars behave nothing like a RWD car on any surface.