DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[OFF TOPIC] Sebastien Loëb Rally EVO devs

TuliRally said:
SLRE facebook had some "new" pics of their team customization mode. Looks interesting if done properly.
That's the magic word that allows us to easily predict the outcome of Milestone games :p 

I don't think the Dirt Team has that many developers or people working on the game. The Dirt Team consists of around and about 20 people if I'm not mistaken while Milestone has, well, many more than that. Yet Dirt Rally is miles and miles ahead of Milestone's SLRE. :lol: 
Also some people do look a bit sad or disappointed. I wonder if Loeb said anything about the game they didn't like.

To be fair, this is an off topic post. I do remember first hearing about this game and thinking "Cool, another rally game" but I don't know anything about Milestone, or their past failures. However, having that many people working on it could be a bad thing, a lot of things get lost and confused in translation between 150 people compared to 20.

EVO Rally Cars Category
https://www.facebook.com/SLRallyEvo/posts/672384782903864

CItroën C4
Citroën DS3
Ford Fiesta
Hyundai i20
Mini Countryman
Subaru Impreza
Volkswagen Polo

Could be me... but those cars don't look too good! I've seen them all in RBR, and I guess the work of freelance modders get's better done-...

Could be me... but those cars don't look too good! I've seen them all in RBR, and I guess the work of freelance modders get's better done-...
I somehow agree with you. Some of the car models are not detailed enough and sometimes even sloppy. Also the cars are polished up so much in these pictures. When you look at their videos the cars look horrendous!

gfRally said:
Is that a sidewalk on both sides of the road?  Tell me thats a tarmac stage xD!
That's a rut :D Nothing special, wide roads...This DS3 WRC in Assetto Corsa feels like a GT3 car, that's why. 
I hope it's a tarmac with a low grip a la Monte-Carlo.

Also some people do look a bit sad or disappointed. I wonder if Loeb said anything about the game they didn't like.

"All of you did this? And yet it still looks like merde?"

It looks more like AC. Loeb evo hasnt shown off that livery in any screeshot I have seen. They always show off the gold and white one. But hey, I could be wrong

Pikes Peak Trailer 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLahxXzhZ-M

• Body is 21 characters too short.

Meh.  Enviroment doesn't look that bad but the car models and sounds are pretty bad.  The engines sound very docile, and how did they fuck up backfire sound so bad?  Sounds like someone stepping on some plastic cups or something.

I bitch a lot about SLRE, but Milestone has burned me in the past (WRC 3 was a waste of money and WRC 4 didn't even support my CSW wheel) have some animosity towards them.  I'm glad to see more rally games coming out, but trying not to get my hopes up for SLRE. 

The graphics are the most paradox thing in that game. From some angles it looks almost as good as DiRT Rally, from some it looks worse than a PS2 game... I almost want to know how they are doing it xD