Jump to content Jump to content

Assistance of an engineer to create a setup

It would be great to be able to have a real dialogue with an engineer when we are in the pits in order to be able to create or modify the setup of the car.

For example, when entering the garage, the engineer would ask us how the car is and we could answer him, vocally or by selecting an answer as in an interview with the press, that the car is not fast enough in a straight line. Then the engineer will advise us on a suitable setting. There would of course be other question concerning the co-performance of the car in a bend etc ...

This is already done in games like Project Cars and a very old Microsoft Cart Precision Racing game.

• Agree 3

My son and I were discussing a game he used to play where the engineer on the radio would give you that advice while you drove. It was corny sounding stuff BUT the info was great. AND that game had a pressure system where when you got behind a driver you would put pressure on him to make a mistake. The closer you were the longer you stayed there everything into account. Bad thing is it was also a bit over the top and they would spin off down the straight.

• Agree 1

I agree with this. At the very least it would be good if we could get suggestions in text form or whatever for changes to our current setup to help on that particular track. Or maybe give you a couple of options for different setups to test in practice with some explanation on what they are geared towards.

That would be nice, because I'm awful at making custom setups.

And literally the only things Jeff says about the setup is when he mentions troublesome oversteer (increase rear downforce, soften rear springs, increase toe-in, increase negative camber) and heavy understeer (increase front downforce, soften front springs).