Jump to content Jump to content

Perez Overpowered?

16 minutes ago, atwqc said:

He is, two years world champion in my game, slightly stronger than Vestapan, much much faster than Hamilton. It should be stupid facility +15 bonus, so all driver have 100 in all stats

They are, but what i found is that the Perez and Bottas AI, for some reason, deal better with anything thats not the base car in GP mode lol.. The more it gets different the smaller the gap becomes between them, they just seem more adaptive idk why idk how but just what i found

It's the awful personnel boosts. Makes both him and Bottas as good as Hamilton and Verstappen. 

They're the absolute worst thing in career mode.

Codies, for goodness sake can you please remove/rework these boosts, make them player team only or allow us to turn them off for all teams. They ruin the career mode!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

I was testing career mode about 3 months ago. Only 2 tracks. And I was so glad I saw Hamilton beating Bottas easily and Verstappen beating Perez like in real. After so long time finally Bottas is not OP anymore. Last 3 months I wasn't at home because of bussiness trip, so I couldn't play. Looking forward to start new career mode now and guess what. Yeah, Bottas is OP again😀. 5 race weekends and he beats Hamilton in every Q and R. And my immersion is dead again. 

3 minutes ago, Hamrr10 said:

I was testing career mode about 3 months ago. Only 2 tracks. And I was so glad I saw Hamilton beating Bottas easily and Verstappen beating Perez like in real. After so long time finally Bottas is not OP anymore. Last 3 months I wasn't at home because of bussiness trip, so I couldn't play. Looking forward to start new career mode now and guess what. Yeah, Bottas is OP again😀. 5 race weekends and he beats Hamilton in every Q and R. And my immersion is dead again. 

It's so frustrating, because as you say it ruins the immersion. This is a game that could be really enjoyable but this spoils it. I'm actually really enjoying the game as a whole but this is such an immersion killer 

19 hours ago, Hamrr10 said:

Because in one patch (something around 1.09), the bonus only apply to your team, but for some reason, it is reverted to previous (apply to all drivers) for next patches. it's so frustrating that one small thing ruin a great game.

• Agree 1
41 minutes ago, atwqc said:

Because in one patch (something around 1.09), the bonus only apply to your team, but for some reason, it is reverted to previous (apply to all drivers) for next patches. it's so frustrating that one small thing ruin a great game.

I had not actually realised this. Please codemasters make this more realistic because as you say it's a great game 

21 hours ago, atwqc said:

It's kinda funny how CM spent so much time refining the driver stats to made them as realistic as possible, only to have their own system to completely nullifying their efforts, and ironically, it had to be a bug to "fixed" it. 

Next time might as well just make it so that all AI driver has identical stats since the system made them all the same anyways, it'll surely saves a lot of development time to make "great" game modes like BP and call it Missing The Point or something. 

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Agree 1

I along with others have asked and asked and asked and asked and pleaded and begged and explained the issue for a few months now.. As @BarryBLnever has replied to any thread that this massive annoyance comes up in.  I assume he’s been told nothing on this will change and  We have, I’m afraid beating a dead horse.

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, MAK said:

You guys should focus on the story mode. That is the heart of the game and will be Codemasters/EAs only focus in the next iterations.

Well, I'm not interested in the story mode. I don't need scripted things. I like to make my story in fighting on tracks myself. But I know it's 100 People with 100 opinions and this is mine one. 

9 minutes ago, Hamrr10 said:

Well, I'm not interested in the story mode. I don't need scripted things. I like to make my story in fighting on tracks myself. But I know it's 100 People with 100 opinions and this is mine one. 

Both career and my team races have some scripting and ai cheats. 

2 hours ago, MAK said:

You guys should focus on the story mode. That is the heart of the game and will be Codemasters/EAs only focus in the next iterations.

I get that the story mode is brilliant for those who want that sort of thing but I buy the F1 game to play as my own character 

i wish both aspects of the game were given the same attention 

Edited by ajmcspursfan
  • Agree 2
19 minutes ago, ajmcspursfan said:

I get that the story mode is brilliant for those who want that sort of thing but I buy the F1 game to play as my own character 

i wish both aspects of the game were given the same attention 

Story mode really isn’t that brilliant even for those who want that sort off thing.  Actually it’s really poor😂

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 1