Jump to content Jump to content

Will Codemasters change where the first drs section to where it is in the real life Jeddah race

So i’ll just upload a short video from the official F1 youtube channel that shows a different DRS zone for Jeddah between Turn 17 and Turn 22. Where as codies have put a third DRS zone between turns 10 and 13 which appears to be incorrect unless they’ve changed it???

p.s: sorry about the video being sideways, had to screen record.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SomaticCoast375 changed the title to Will Codemasters add the first drs section the actual Jeddah race will have in
  • SomaticCoast375 changed the title to Will Codemasters change where the first drs section to where it is in the real life Jeddah race
4 minutes ago, SomaticCoast375 said:

Check edit 

Yeah ok but the way Codemasters did it it makes more sense for overtaking😂 the 180° banked corner is at least theoretically an overtaking opportunity, turn 22 however is not at all.. Dunno if they will change it as it needs a change in the AI

23 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Yeah ok but the way Codemasters did it it makes more sense for overtaking😂 the 180° banked corner is at least theoretically an overtaking opportunity, turn 22 however is not at all.. Dunno if they will change it as it needs a change in the AI

Yh I actually prefer the game version but was just wondering. Tbf they will probably just change it next year 

• Agree 1
On 11/27/2021 at 9:24 AM, FOneFanatic said:

I'm hoping there will be an update to Jeddah in the game prior to next week's race to make finalized last minute correction. Keep in mind this circuit was pressure built in order to make race date! 

Again drs change will require rebalance AI, this takes ages for CM it seems.(

• Agree 1
17 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Thanks @Ultra3142 for the reference. Merged.

To answer the question, this is something we have reported and with our developer team, but, realistically, this is unlikely to happen in the current iteration of the game. It's something we have logged (I've logged it myself), but the amount of changes to the AI behaviour would be large.

I've been wrong before, and will be again, but its more resource than expected to make these changes (AI retrain and behaviour, TT resets would be needed etc)

Knew it the developer team must be hard at work getting turkey and all the trimmings ready for christmas😁👍🏻

Nobody is interested in how much work is needed to improve it, this is an official game and things like that should be improved immediately, not like one turn in Spain in a year, you are a laughing and embarrassing company that should not have a license to make this game because you do not have its subject no concept and you do not care about anything, only the cash register like €A

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
19 hours ago, Sonic6L said:

Doubt any changes in game will be made until 2022. 

As per usual, unfortunately. Either the FIA provided the data late or the FIA changed it once the track was accepted by Masi as soon as this week and after CM had finished the track and trained the AI.

Edited by Blackbird
  • Agree 1