Jump to content Jump to content

Start laser scanning tracks starting with Bahrain

This issue has been heavily requested over the years and I agree with them. Thus I request you guys at Codies to start laser scanning tracks since you have the extra budget from EA. I know game development is hard, but maybe for F1 2022 and beyond, maybe start laser scanning tracks. You should start with Bahrain first cause you know its the 1st race on the calendar. Maybe you guys can start laser scanning Bahrain for F1 2022 and maybe laser scan other tracks too and maybe release them in free DLCs

• Agree 1

Codemasters have used laser-scan data since at least France on F1 2018. Generally for track building, using the most accurate data, and then being able to convert it to a designer is the key

The reason as to why many tracks are outdated or inaccurate is because the track has been designed years ago, and there have not been enough resources to recreate it 😕 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 10:42 AM, UP100 said:

Codemasters have used laser-scan data since at least France on F1 2018. Generally for track building, using the most accurate data, and then being able to convert it to a designer is the key

The reason as to why many tracks are outdated or inaccurate is because the track has been designed years ago, and there have not been enough resources to recreate it 😕 

I think Ea can provide Codemasters with the resources they need. The game would feel way better with laser scanned circuits. That's why Imola and Portimao are my favourite circuits. They're the most realistic ones.