Jump to content Jump to content

DR2 website & results not saving in game

Esa Ahonen

Hei @PJTierney

In last 2 weeks the clubs website has practically been unusable more than usable. How it malfunctions varies a bit but usually you just can't see results. That is you can load the club page but when you go to race results it's this:

image.thumb.png.c71fdf2bdd35f6f7ebe7d255eeba1281.png 

Or this (when there certainly are results):

image.png.97461fb53e21d323a728bfb800bb4ecc.png

Very rarely refreshing and refreshing the page will give you results. But usually nothing helps. So you just can't follow the club race you've participated in.

Other thing is that quite often when finishing a stage in club race your time doesn't appear on post stage results in-game. So far I've learned that if you continue to next stage like this your time will not be saved to server and your race is ruined since it will result in 15 or 30 minutes of penalty. Sort of a workaround is to keep going back and forth on the stage results until (if you're lucky) the stage times will appear. 

And then there's of course this situation where it will throw you that server error message with "retry"-button. 

As you know there is very active club racing scene in DR2. But these issues make it quite painful experience. This autumn I have recorded my races to video so that I can prove my stage times just in case Racenet will once again throw some error that can't be worked around.

Could you please take these issues forward so that they would be fixed permanently? It would be nice to concentrate on racing and not on how to overcome continuous errors.

• Social Media & Community Team

Hi there.

There was a hefty server update yesterday morning, so I'm hoping this gets resolved and/or becomes less frequent soon.

Next time I talk to the web team I'll bring it up though, I don't like when Clubs have connection issues either 😞  

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Hi there.

There was a hefty server update yesterday morning, so I'm hoping this gets resolved and/or becomes less frequent soon.

Next time I talk to the web team I'll bring it up though, I don't like when Clubs have connection issues either 😞  

Ok, I hope it gets better. But currently I can't get to my clubs at all so there's something wrong just right now.

And once again the clubs website doesn't load at all. No menus or anything, it just keeps on loading with black background. Fix it please.

I've also recently noticed weird short freezes in-game at menus. I wonder if the game is communicating with server also in some other spots than obvious? It just freezes for a moment and then you can continue.