Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

THE GRID AUTOSPORT INITIAL IMPRESSION THREAD

@loore: Helicam and also Trackside Cam (without cutting into the in car cam which is the Codemaster's trademark). Cycled through all cameras during replay

MP---Playlist---Touring----time trial or time attack it was called. Or maybe it was just coincidence that every playlist i joined had time attack. (i tried 3 of them).

Nevertheless, the game has all tools to recreate Grid1's magic and after few tweakings we could have 2008-2010 again :)

Time Attack is something different.

Due to technical problems the Traditional Time Trial was not in the launch game but will come via a free patch . . .this is what Loore has promised.
~O)

All these complaints about wheels could never be the fault of the user, could it ?

Assiemodis, McRoss, Camarimore etc., all guys on our site using G27, not one complaint so come on over and they will sort you.

Love the game, no complaints, whatsoever . . . Oh! I could find a load of petty, subjective faults, but why give my good buddy, Loore, a hard time when the guy has delivered on a promise . . .fantastic game . .just goes to show what can be made when you hold off on the kiddy gimmicks . . .the more I play the more I feel like we have what we wanted . .Grid 1 with updated cars and gfx . .
~O)

053 said:

I totally agree with Captain Jack, i find that the CM team did a great job and delivered a great game, i hope the game will last for a verry long time and that the CM team keeps it upgraded and keep an eye for little improvements so here and there.

Anyway ty CM team from (again) a verry happy costumer

same here Iknow lsat year we gave a CM a very hard time after 2 disastrous games in Grid 2 and F1 2013. But to pick themselves up and dust themselves down and produce this is nothing short of awesome. They definitely deservedly and rightfully should get credit for this.

@loore: Helicam and also Trackside Cam (without cutting into the in car cam which is the Codemaster's trademark). Cycled through all cameras during replay
Very odd! If you let a a replay cycle through on its own does the helicam and trackside cam appear on its own? I'm not at my PC atm so can't check myself but will take a look once I've got access again.

All these complaints about wheels could never be the fault of the user, could it ?

Can't speak for any G27 users, but with my DFGT, its not all it could be.  I only have to fire up Dirt 3 or even Grid 2 to tell that.  Its not stopping me from getting on with the game, but I hope they can perhaps make it tighter and more focused with a patch, with an eye on my long term future with the game and any possible DLC purchases.

Loore said:
Very odd! If you let a a replay cycle through on its own does the helicam and trackside cam appear on its own? I'm not at my PC atm so can't check myself but will take a look once I've got access again.
Hi Loore. what I meant was there is no camera option that is just only for Trackside or Helicam only, without the Codemasters™ quick camera swap changing from trackside to onboards. 

Can someone explain this one for me, plz.

I was in a time attack and 3rd off. I passed the 2 in front of me, stayed in front of them and crossed the line first.
The 2 who had started before me came in 1st and 2nd, just as they had started . . .and with a faster time than me.
I am not suffering with lag so how can I pass and stay in front yet they get faster times ?

Can someone explain this one for me, plz.

I was in a time attack and 3rd off. I passed the 2 in front of me, stayed in front of them and crossed the line first.
The 2 who had started before me came in 1st and 2nd, just as they had started . . .and with a faster time than me.
I am not suffering with lag so how can I pass and stay in front yet they get faster times ?

They registered a better time obviously. What you see is a latency difference between you & them. It's not exactly their actual position you see from the race perspective.

That's why trying to shut the inside when you mess up is a bad idea. The result is that you get spinned out. Depending of the latency, the car may be much closer than you think.

When you follow the car in front, their lines seem bad, but that's not the actual line they are taking. It's approximately where they are from the latency difference.

Thnx, latency and lag are the only choices, so be it . .

I own 5 vehicles and they all have the club skin on but how do I get the [***] to be before my name when online ?

Thnx, latency and lag are the only choices, so be it . .

I own 5 vehicles and they all have the club skin on but how do I get the [***] to be before my name when online ?
Same here Capt, got the club up and running and we got the livery sorted and the club tag but the tag doesn't show up even when we are racing our own cars with the livery and being logged into Racenet at the same time in a browser, also when I go to race club in game it shows us all as offline unavailable?

Assiemodis, McRoss, Camarimore etc., all guys on our site using G27, not one complaint so come on over and they will sort you.

Love the game, no complaints, whatsoever . . . Oh! I could find a load of petty, subjective faults, but why give my good buddy, Loore, a hard time when the guy has delivered on a promise . . .fantastic game . .just goes to show what can be made when you hold off on the kiddy gimmicks . . .the more I play the more I feel like we have what we wanted . .Grid 1 with updated cars and gfx . .
~O)

My only complaint is the time and resources obviously wasted on Grid 2. If this was the direction CM had taken form the get go, it would have been an almost perfect game.

I just sigh when I think of the wasted potential.

@MrDeap That's why trying to shut the inside when you mess up is a bad idea. The result is that you get spinned out. Depending of the latency, the car may be much closer than you think

This is probably one of my pet peeves with racing online ATM. I cant stand it when your following a guy at a safe distance, waiting for him to make a mistake so you can strike, and he goes wide or other wise stuffs up, you take the racing line, and he jerks back onto the track, ramming you.

And as if that's not enough, most of the guys who seem to do this have gall to accuse you of being a rammer once the race is over!

If m leading, and being followed closely by someone who isn't rear-ending me at every opportunity, and I make a mistake i re enter the track at o slower speed and try and stay away from the racing line as much as possible.

/rant.

When Race driver grid first hit the stands I got hooked right off the bat (It was way ahead of of the times) Well same thing with Autosport.I loved it from the first race as much as I do now.I dont know how many times while learning the tracks and getting the setups right that my xbox 360 all most went out the window and I swore  in words I cant put in print I would never play it again.And five min. later I was at it again.To me thats the fun of The Grid games learning and getting better Its just to bad there is no one online to play any more.