Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2015 PS4 Advance Wheel Settings/Force Feedback

Hi guys, hope you all are well. I was hoping you could explain to me and hopefully recommend a few settings.

Firstly could someone explain what these settings mean and do and show an example maybe!

Advance Wheel Settings:
Steering Dead zone
Steering Linearity
Steering Saturation
Throttle Deadzone
Throttle Linearity
Brake Deadzone
Brake Linearity 

Force Feedback:

Feedback Strength 
Environmental Feedback 
(if these settings were turned off, what difference would it make) 

Finally, I am using the following steering wheel: https://www.gamestop.co.uk/PlayStation%204/Games/46532/gamestop-racing-wheel-ps4-ps3

if anyone else has this, what settings are you using for the above. I am mainly having problems with the throttle control, I just keep slipping too much feels like I can hardly get down on the power as quick as It should be. 

Thank you! 

So, as far as I know

Steering Dead zone - This is the amount you have to turn the wheel before any steering input will start. This is usually a small amount so you don't have to have your wheel perfectly centred to drive straight.
Steering Linearity - This one is hard to explain, it basically changes the ratio of input on the pedal to output in game. Changing this will increase the amount you need to turn the wheel in the mid range giving more feel. You're probably best to try this yourself and see what it feels like to you.
Steering Saturation - This is how quickly you'll reach full lock. Higher numbers mean you'll get there more quickly. Usually used on wheels with a large turning circle so you don't have to use all of it.
Throttle Deadzone - Like steering deadzone this is how much you need to press the pedal to start accelerating, usually set to a low value so being off the pedal doesn't register anything.
Throttle Linearity - As steering linearity, this will add more control with mid range revs.
Brake Deadzone - As throttle deadzone.
Brake Linearity - As throttle linearity.

Feedback strength - This controls the amount of force you get while driving the car, So the amount of resistance while cornering is probably the main one.
Environment Feedback - This is going to be how much force feedback you get when you drive off track or hit walls etc. Anything in the environment while you're racing.

I would say for your throttle make sure you have a small deadzone 5 - 10 maybe and keep linearity quite low too. The rest is then feel really, if you're still struggling try putting traction control on to the low setting.

I hope that helps.

Lozzy said:
So, as far as I know

Steering Dead zone - This is the amount you have to turn the wheel before any steering input will start. This is usually a small amount so you don't have to have your wheel perfectly centred to drive straight.
Steering Linearity - This one is hard to explain, it basically changes the ratio of input on the pedal to output in game. Changing this will increase the amount you need to turn the wheel in the mid range giving more feel. You're probably best to try this yourself and see what it feels like to you.
Steering Saturation - This is how quickly you'll reach full lock. Higher numbers mean you'll get there more quickly. Usually used on wheels with a large turning circle so you don't have to use all of it.
Throttle Deadzone - Like steering deadzone this is how much you need to press the pedal to start accelerating, usually set to a low value so being off the pedal doesn't register anything.
Throttle Linearity - As steering linearity, this will add more control with mid range revs.
Brake Deadzone - As throttle deadzone.
Brake Linearity - As throttle linearity.

Feedback strength - This controls the amount of force you get while driving the car, So the amount of resistance while cornering is probably the main one.
Environment Feedback - This is going to be how much force feedback you get when you drive off track or hit walls etc. Anything in the environment while you're racing.

I would say for your throttle make sure you have a small deadzone 5 - 10 maybe and keep linearity quite low too. The rest is then feel really, if you're still struggling try putting traction control on to the low setting.

I hope that helps.
Hi Lozzy,
 Is there a way we can change the brake outside deadline, i mean like making the brakes full locked even if only 50% of the brake pedals are pressed.
I got the madcatz wheel & play on xbox one.

Thanks.